TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2017 Coaster Poll Results!

^Makes sense, especially Six Flags New England. Out of the parks I've been to, I would say that one is by far the most polarized. They have two absolutely amazing coasters (WC, Superman) and three total pieces of crap (Flashback, Goliath, and Mind Eraser pre-2017). Carowinds is very similar as well.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind that some parks just have a lot of coasters. If you calculated the percentage of top 50 / 100 coasters divided by the total rankable coasters per park, things might look different. I'm not calculating all those percentages because are you nuts?!?

Haha no worries and thanks for the response. I was thinking something in the "most in the top 100" would jump out at me and a few certainly did. Universal Studios Japan, I had kind of forgotten about the indoor spinner and their pair of B&Ms (also reminded me of how much I'd LOVE to see a flying Dinosaur coaster at either of the american parks).

Lagoon- I know Cannibal was rated fairly high but that park kinda slides under the radar a bit probably based on location.

Also kind of surprised about Dollywood, I generally think their coaster lineup overall as being one of the better ones out there when it comes to quality vs quantity so only 1 coaster in the top 100 is surprising.

The parks with the most coasters in the BOTTOM 50 are:

3 - Canada's Wonderland, Darien Lake, Great Escape

2 - Carowinds, Elitch Gardens, Michigan's Adventure, Movie Park Germany, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Six Flags New England, Six Flags St. Louis

Totally expected to see La Ronde on this list haha, and I don't care what the rankigns are I'm still looking forward to my trip to Darien Lake in a few weeks .

I personally was quite surprised to find Wild One (SFA) lower than InvadR and Flying Turns. While I haven't ridden InvadR nor Flying Turns, from what I've read, those rides are reported to be tamer family rides (which isn't a bad thing), while Wild One is IMO a surprisingly awesome coaster with solid air and fun laterals on the final helix (provided you don't sit in a wheel seat), especially considering its age (+100 years).

I wonder if this is just because the system is still in Beta testing, or if Flying Turns and InvadR are better than I've been led to believe.

I wonder if this is just because the system is still in Beta testing, or if Flying Turns and InvadR are better than I've been led to believe.

"Beta Testing" has nothing to do with the outcome of one coaster over the other. I guess it just happened to be that most other people didn't like Wild One as much as those other two coasters.

That has nothing to do with our "beta test". I feel like the top 50, the bottom 50, and MAYBE the top 100 are really the only groups where there is a legitimate consensus. All the other "middle" rankings are a bit more volatile in my opinion and can be skewed based on how people ranked the coasters in those groups - each coaster individually, some coasters grouped together, ranked in some other way, or not ranked at all. In the grand scheme of things, most of those coasters in the middle are either "good", "okay", or "bad" and it really isn't such a big deal which one is ranked over the other.

^ Thank you, I fixed those! Patriot is looooooooooooow.

I knew I missed a few things, that's why I said to let me know if you guys noticed anything. I'm still blaming it on the rum!

Sure thing! I knew Patriot would take the bottom B&M floorless spot from Hydra.

As a short person I can guarantee that nothing with those obnoxious bulky OTSR's is ever going to get a high spot on my list. If I'm repeatedly slamming my head and ears into something I'm not having a good time.

^ Only took a second to search that:

Goliath - #128

Titan - #177

I'm honestly surprised they ranked that high. I mean, they ranked lower than almost all of the B&M hypers, but considering how much enthusiasts seem to hate them, I'm surprised they weren't down in the 200-300 range.

considering how much enthusiasts seem to hate them

Nah, that's just me.

I'm shocked there's as large of a gap between them as there is too since they rode nearly identically to me.

That is pretty interesting - I wonder if it's due to exposure or if there's actually a noticeable difference for some people? The extra helix probably makes a difference, but I haven't been to SFMM so I can't say.

^^I rode Titan for the first time last Friday.

While walking down the exit path, I actually remember thinking to myself... “Wasn’t there some dude on TPR who kept talking about how much this ride sucked and didn’t I give him crap for it? Yeah... I owe him an apology “.

Titan is amazing in that it manages to be both the most forceful and least forceful coaster ever made. The back few cars provide a slightly less sucky experience (the first drop actually feels like a drop instead of straight track).

Looking forward to your eventual Texas TR! It's always interesting to see what people from outside the area think of the parks here.

I have been to over 10 parks in the last 2 years. I can assure you that Thunderhawk at Mia is no where 431 on the list. It should be in the upper 200's

As a Michigander, who has been to a ton of parks, and on over 230 coasters, I'd still place Thunderhawk closer to 200 in my rankings, than 150. Aside from riding it defensively in the very front row, you're going to get banged around, or strain your neck from trying to hold your head still. The Vekoma Hang n Bangs, even at their best, are just not a very good coaster experience, I think most people would agree...

• 7 months later...
^^I rode Titan for the first time last Friday.

While walking down the exit path, I actually remember thinking to myself... “Wasn’t there some dude on TPR who kept talking about how much this ride sucked and didn’t I give him crap for it? Yeah... I owe him an apology “.

Other than the MCBR trying to readjust my spine, I thought Titan was great. It was my daughter's second favorite from our Texas trip, after Iron Rattler. I'd put it several notches lower, but I thought it was enjoyable enough for multiple re-rides..

Quick question: Is there a way to search a coaster's position in the final results from last year? For example, if I wanted to find Joker's Jinx's position (random example, I don't actually care about JJ's position) on the list, how would I do that without having to manually go through each page and seeing if its name is there?

Also unrelated: How many riders were needed for a coaster to be given an unofficial predicted ranking?