TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Now I wonder if they still have all of the slide parts of the old 'Cud Falls slides, if they did have all of the old CF slide parts maybe Six Flags can rebuild the slides with new supports, pipes, and such.

I'm just saying that maybe Darien Lake isn't going send 'Cuda Falls to the scrapyard since the slides are still on the park's property, just in storage.

[attachment=0]dri.gif[/attachment]

Didn't realize Philly had any cups until you posted that sir... GO PENS

Anyways... was Cuda Falls a replica of the Sharks slides at SFWOA or something completely different? Seem similiar.

Being perpetually in flux of being for sale and in the process of bought makes it hard to do much with capital assets (even if they're junk but still on the books). Especially after the aforementioned issues with PARC on their way out. Likewise why Batman took so long due to insurance claims processing and making sure the money went to the right pockets before, yeah, it could finally be scrapped.

With the park in constant flux, keeping all of those things around are actual assets that could be used in a sale to add value to the park. CF is probably just getting ready to go to the dump, just like they took that old standup coaster to the scrap yard

Now I wonder if they still have all of the slide parts of the old 'Cud Falls slides, if they did have all of the old CF slide parts maybe Six Flags can rebuild the slides with new supports, pipes, and such.

I'm just saying that maybe Darien Lake isn't going send 'Cuda Falls to the scrapyard since the slides are still on the park's property, just in storage.

[attachment=0]dri.gif[/attachment]

Didn't realize Philly had any cups until you posted that sir... GO PENS

Anyways... was Cuda Falls a replica of the Sharks slides at SFWOA or something completely different? Seem similiar.

That moment when someone online sees your location and tries to trash talk your sports team but they don't pay attention enough to realize you give absolutely zero f*cks about hockey or any other sport. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Also, that's a glass, not a cup. Better luck next time!

Went to the park yesterday to support my friends at the music festival performing in chorus, and it was fun! Rode a few rides with them after awards (which we won a few. ) and the lines were okay.

Rode:

Boomerang 3x

Mind Eraser 1x

Predator 1x

Ride Of Steel 1x

Viper 1x

Bear Valley Bumper Buggies 3x

Haymaker 1x

Went to the park yesterday to support my friends at the music festival performing in chorus, and it was fun! Rode a few rides with them after awards (which we won a few. ) and the lines were okay.

Rode:

Boomerang 3x

Mind Eraser 1x

Predator 1x

Ride Of Steel 1x

Viper 1x

Bear Valley Bumper Buggies 3x

Haymaker 1x

was Darien Liake giving out cash prizes to force re-rides on Boomerang or did you just really want to celebrate its 20th anniversary with a bang (and bash or two)?

was Darien Liake giving out cash prizes to force re-rides on Boomerang or did you just really want to celebrate its 20th anniversary with a bang (and bash or two)?

Nah, it was actually okay 2 out of the 3 rides, and my friend was waiting for the rest of the group to meet up with us so she was saying to go on it again, then they got with us and we rode it one more time.

Have not been able to post the past few days, however on Thursday when going to the park there was quite a few employees and a box truck were Cuda' Bay is stored. Probably not much too if but figured i'd post it in case something cool comes of it.

Have not been able to post the past few days, however on Thursday when going to the park there was quite a few employees and a box truck were Cuda' Bay is stored. Probably not much too if but figured i'd post it in case something cool comes of it.

Probably loading them on the truck to dispose of them

There's a lot of stuff back in that area so could be anything. Electrical substation, greenhouse, wastewater treatment, and fireworks storage magazine are all down that access road.

I was at the park today. I noticed that they were moving all the old ‘Cuda Falls pieces into the old Batman field. It just doesn’t make sense as to why there are moving them there even though they likely have no plans of reconstructing them.

I was at the park today. I noticed that they were moving all the old ‘Cuda Falls pieces into the old Batman field. It just doesn’t make sense as to why there are moving them there even though they likely have no plans of reconstructing them.

To. Dispose. Of. Them.

To. Dispose. Of. Them.

But... all old torn down rides that end up in that field always get put back up in the park... oh, wait...

So a deal has popped up! If you're a SF or Darien Lake season pass holder, you can go to a website to add on a park for only $20 (I know this was talked about but now you can do it online)!

Found this from the SF corporation forum, where anonymouscactus wrote:

https://mypass.sixflags.com/welcomeoffer.aspx will walk you through the process. You enter some info, they send you a promo code, and you buy your pass online. I went through the process of using a SFMM pass to buy a Darien Lake thrill pass but ultimately decided against it as it does not include parking or any other benefits other than admission.

https://mypass.sixflags.com/welcomeoffer.aspx , so if you're interested, go ahead!

I also believe maybe the biggest factor is they actually want the lineup to take a long time. The longer people are in the park, the more tempting to spend money. With a smaller park with fewer coasters such as DL, they don't want you to be finished in a couple of hours and leave. My thoughts anyway.

They aren't spending money while they are standing in line. People get frustrated when they stand in lines all day.

Also, do you think Six Flags would purchase another RoS train, considering the age gap there would be between the two trains? There would be a 3 year gap between the ages of them.

One train on The Raven at Holiday World is 10 years older than the other train. Knott's recently acquired a third train for Silver Bullet which opened in 2004. While not Six Flags parks, it has been done before.

THIS! People who get stuck waiting in a line for 2-3 hours are not spending money in the park, they are standing there getting frustrated and angry that they are wasting their time in the line for a ride that lasts all of 2-3 minutes at the most and sometimes as little as 90 seconds. Frustrated guests also do not return to the park (bad for DL as they rely on a lot of local business) and tend to leave early because they see the waits at every ride and simply do not want to stay in the park because it becomes not worth it to wait in another 3 hour line for a ride. This is a park that fails hard on super busy days and is fine on days when there are not massive crowds.