Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Ape » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:42 am

CoasterInk wrote:
Ape wrote:There are a ton of Cedar Point reviews being done this year with Steel Vengeance. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in my review that would include the Run and Ride series over the weekend and Brews and BBQ this year.

A review of Brew and BBQ would be much appreciated! I've been trying to figure out whether or not its worth it.

Short version absolutely, especially if you're a passholder or staying on property and you buy early.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby deguy123 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:47 am

Ape wrote:
CoasterInk wrote:
Ape wrote:There are a ton of Cedar Point reviews being done this year with Steel Vengeance. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in my review that would include the Run and Ride series over the weekend and Brews and BBQ this year.

A review of Brew and BBQ would be much appreciated! I've been trying to figure out whether or not its worth it.

Short version absolutely, especially if you're a passholder or staying on property and you buy early.

I also agree! It was great for the value and even more if you were staying onsite or passholder. I also got a free 12oz beer along with the 15 tickets.

BTW....Mind blown by SV! It's my new #1!

The Run and Ride was great also, it was packed and loved my time! I'm hoping to do it again next but depends on my wedding in May 2019!

North East Trip 2011

LeviaTHON 2012

Scandi 2014

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby CoasterInk » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:05 pm

Ape wrote:
CoasterInk wrote:

deguy123 wrote:I also agree! It was great for the value and even more if you were staying onsite or passholder. I also got a free 12oz beer along with the 15 tickets.

Thanks! I've gotten that vibe from everyone who has done it, but is there any BBQ/Beer you recommend in particular?

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:31 pm

Carolina sliders and vinegar slaw.
Smoked Sausage.
Nektar Zombie Killer cider

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby CoasterInk » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Ape wrote:Carolina sliders and vinegar slaw.
Smoked Sausage.
Nektar Zombie Killer cider

Thanks!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby rjr19 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Just wondering if somebody has the answer to this: why are Iron Dragon and Gatekeeper ALWAYS listed as closed on queue-times.com? Are they actually closed all the time or is it a problem with the website?
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby clem2754 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:59 pm

rjr19 wrote:Just wondering if somebody has the answer to this: why are Iron Dragon and Gatekeeper ALWAYS listed as closed on queue-times.com? Are they actually closed all the time or is it a problem with the website?
Problem with the website. The times on the site are also not accurate. Some of the rides will be less, and others will be more. It is kind of all over the place, but both of those rides have been operating most of the time this year.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jonskinny12 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:00 pm

It's actually a problem with the CP app, which the website uses as the source. When I was there last week, I didn't use the app at all because it was so inaccurate. At one point while waiting through a TTD breakdown, I compared what the app was saying with my brother and someone else standing in line. Mine didn't say anything for any rides except that 2 of them were closed, my brother's showed that everything was open and had a zero minute wait, and the other person next to us showed everything was closed. So even for 3 people standing next to each other with data that the app claimed was up to date, it was different for each us.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:13 pm

CoasterInk wrote:Thanks! I've gotten that vibe from everyone who has done it, but is there any BBQ/Beer you recommend in particular?

Rasputin Imperial Stout & Southern Tier 2XIPA, KC ribs

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby PeggedSole » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:58 pm

I don't know if this Cedar Point video from 1984 has already been shared somewhere in the previous 44,000+ posts? I did a search on TPR, but it didn't show any matches. Whatever the case, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS6xYHpbrLM

PreviousNext