TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Here at the passholder preview for Railblazer, and I can confirm these RMC Raptors ride just as insane as they look. The airtime is ridiculously strong ejector, the dive loop whips you around in the best way possible, the whole ride is paced perfectly with it’s crazy speed (very happy it didn’t end up trimmed ) For sure a top 10 coaster, if you’re near NorCal or San Antonio and haven’t ridden a Raptor yet, get out there and ride!!!

09C07276-1350-4F29-B500-0FBF06CAD6EA.thumb.jpeg.f06985e6e28e6a9d6644c6af4c9386e8.jpeg

38A9497F-EDE0-4C75-B28B-BBFC33513736.thumb.jpeg.6a0acde2261578b8514c71a7f72d2f9d.jpeg

FC564AE3-9EE0-4C9D-9834-AEAA7C867B7A.thumb.jpeg.47fa8432cb0db0b61c8c442ac8bab648.jpeg

6 rides today. Here’s my hot take: This thing has insane pacing and is likely my favorite coaster in California (I’ve been on them all) and is in my top tier of 11 RMCs. Will post more thoughts later

Sounds exactly what I thought about Wonder Woman. The pacing on these Raptors is insane.

6 rides today. Here’s my hot take: This thing has insane pacing and is likely my favorite coaster in California (I’ve been on them all) and is in my top tier of 11 RMCs. Will post more thoughts later
BEtter than X2 or Twisted Colossus?

How is the speed of load/unload/queue going so far? Will there be single riders? Be able to choose seats, or assigned?
I would assume it would be similar to SFFT and Wonder Women. Hopefully someone post.

How is the speed of load/unload/queue going so far? Will there be single riders? Be able to choose seats, or assigned?

They were pumping out trains quickly Saturday, the stand-by line never reached more than an hour from what I saw. Single rider was available, but I’m almost certain they are going to change the process as groups who went through the single rider line (Fastlane queue) were able to be seated immediately, sometimes even with priority seating. Using the single rider line was almost like having a free Fastlane. I didn’t see anyone who waited in the stand-by line not be able to get the row they wanted, either.

Also I can vouch for RB probably being the best coaster in the state. Other than Skyrush no other coaster has left me stunned questioning how the ride is even real. Seriously, it's very, very good.

Single rider was available . . .

So what's the point of a single rider line if this is a coaster that has one single row per car?

My guess is because, even though nobody rides "with" anyone, groups still like to ride in the same train as their party, so a single rider line could fill in the gaps to prevent empty seats.

But I agree it is a little strange since everybody is a loner on a coaster like this.

Single rider was available . . .

So what's the point of a single rider line if this is a coaster that has one single row per car?

Say you have a group of 4 and a group of 3 and the next group is 3. YOu want to maximize the seats in the train. The single rider allows you to place an 8th rider in that train without breaking up the next group of 3.

The red train for this thing looks familiar....

[attachment=0]F550865A-A59B-4962-B095-72C005AD6866.jpeg[/attachment]

This isn't out of the realm of possibility considering Six Flags will probably install a plethora of these.

The red train for this thing looks familiar....

[attachment=0]F550865A-A59B-4962-B095-72C005AD6866.jpeg[/attachment]

This isn't out of the realm of possibility considering Six Flags will probably install a plethora of these.

I would rather see these than boomerangs, so I would be down for Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks putting these in.

I guess I'm starting a trend, being late for reports haha. Anyways, I went to the June 9th Passholder RailBlazer preview. The coaster was great. The ride overall is super compact and intense, and stays smooth all the way through indeed. My only knock would be the breakdowns (it did break down a bit) and the reason why it wouldn't be a Top 5 coaster for me is the restraints, which weren't very comfortable on my shoulders. That was kind of a knock, but as I said, it was overall a great ride.

So yesterday I rode Railblazer four times during passholder previews. I definitely think it was worth the wait. Despite the length of the lines it actually wasn't too bad. The ride itself was pretty smooth and had a lot of airtime and g forces. But the only thing that made this ride from being a solid 10/10 was the shoulder straps in the restraints. These things are really uncomfortable, especially if you're a tall person with broad shoulders. It's really hard to fully enjoy the ride when the g forces bash and strain your shoulders into the straps. Personally, this is a roller coaster I wouldn't mind riding again, but I don't think I'd ride it more than twice. I give it an 8.5/10. It's an awesome ride, but it's rough on the shoulders.