The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Superbatboy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Yolo is one of the worst rides to have 1 train on, the capacity is barely satisfactory with 2 trains.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby edgeboy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Twistedtatsu805 wrote:I was there on Monday and yolo coaster was still down to one train. And the whole cyclone Bay are was still open. I mean the only thing back there is apocalypse and the little sad feeling ice cream place. Hopefully that are gets something big for 2019. By the way, now that the structure for crazanity is up, does anyone know how long it has to test for?

The main structure may be up, but there's still a ways to go. Most of the groundwork around the ride is nowhere complete, and most importantly, the actual vehicle disk isn't even in place on the arm yet. If I had to guess on an opening time frame, I'd estimate the end of the month.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Coastin' thru life » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:18 pm

I'm going to say weekend before 4th of july

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:25 pm

edgeboy wrote:
Twistedtatsu805 wrote:I was there on Monday and yolo coaster was still down to one train. And the whole cyclone Bay are was still open. I mean the only thing back there is apocalypse and the little sad feeling ice cream place. Hopefully that are gets something big for 2019. By the way, now that the structure for crazanity is up, does anyone know how long it has to test for?

The main structure may be up, but there's still a ways to go. Most of the groundwork around the ride is nowhere complete, and most importantly, the actual vehicle disk isn't even in place on the arm yet. If I had to guess on an opening time frame, I'd estimate the end of the month.

i've seen images with the seats installed yesterday. but yeah, definitely a lot to do still. more concrete! :br

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Superbatboy wrote:Yolo is one of the worst rides to have 1 train on, the capacity is barely satisfactory with 2 trains.

I actually beg to differ. YOLOcoaster one train vs two train operation isn't SUPER different (kinda like Xcelerator). By the time one train parks in the station and unloads, the other one has already hit the brake run. It running two trains isn't the biggest capacity difference, whereas rides like Goliath, X2, or Twisted Colossus with two trains is a MUCH bigger difference since the rides are much longer, so there is a bigger gap between trains loading/unloading.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Coastin' thru life » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:23 pm

They should unload on the breaks on Yolo, the train is sitting there before they are even close to loading the one in the station

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:44 pm

Coastin' thru life wrote:They should unload on the breaks on Yolo, the train is sitting there before they are even close to loading the one in the station

I completely agree. Xcelerator would also benefit from this, but I doubt either park would make it happen.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mushrumjaz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:07 pm

The seats were added. :lmao:
Screenshot_20180609-190328.png
Seats added to Crazanity..

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby pfalcioni » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:22 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:
Coastin' thru life wrote:They should unload on the breaks on Yolo, the train is sitting there before they are even close to loading the one in the station

I completely agree. Xcelerator would also benefit from this, but I doubt either park would make it happen.

It's crazy to stand there and watch the 2nd car sit on the brakes for ages while they mess around with the unload/load at the station.

Postby Superbatboy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:35 pm

mushrumjaz wrote:The seats were added. :lmao:

Those colors are atrocious, oh well, glad MM finally got a new flat.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

PreviousNext