TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I'm at the park now and had to park in the very back of the second lot. Despite that, most ride lines are manageable outside of Harley Quinn so I'm guessing most people are at Hurricane Harbor.

Harley Quinn has a posted hour wait and ran a really long cycle. It's definitely the park's best flat now. The only thing I noticed is it's a complete free-for-all when it comes to groups trying to sit together.

I also noticed the park renamed their slingshot Nightwing to fit into the Gotham City area.

Lastly, Goliath is still closed. I don't think it has operated yet this year unless I'm mistaken.

Edited by Canobie Coaster

Do you think they'll eventually junk Boomerang & Goliath (I know the latter has gotten really rough after the new trains from Premier Rides were installed . . . why that is, I don't know)?

If so, what goes in it's place . . . . Raptor or T Rex?

I wouldn't be mad about seeing Goliath go. I was there last week and there was no train to be seen. A piece of track was removed from the station as well but I assume that's how they get the train on and off.

I wouldn't be mad about seeing Goliath go. I was there last week and there was no train to be seen. A piece of track was removed from the station as well but I assume that's how they get the train on and off.

Hopefully they are trying to fix that awful train. I dont see any other reason for it to be gone so long, last year they got Goliath opened by Memorial Day.

Do you think they'll eventually junk Boomerang & Goliath (I know the latter has gotten really rough after the new trains from Premier Rides were installed . . . why that is, I don't know)?

I would not have a single issue with the park ripping out both Goliath and Flashback and replacing it with a single, awesome coaster. It's unlikely the park would do this soon, especially both at once, but both rides (particularly Goliath) sit on some prime real estate for the park. If maintenance costs get high enough and ridership drops, it wouldn't surprised me.

I really hated all three of the Vekomas when I went in 2016, but apparently Mind Eraser/Riddler is actually pretty good now so that just leaves two. Luckily Wicked Cyclone and Superman are both awesome enough to make up for the park's crappy rides.

And what's funny is I actually really liked Deja Vu at SFMM the few times I rode it. But those new Premier trains on Goliath are just awful in every way. I'm excited to try Aftershock at Silverwood whenever I bite the bullet and decide to drive up there, apparently that one is the best of the bunch.

Goliath was formerly DeJavu at SFMM, there must've been a reason they, SFGA and SFOG didn't want these coasters anymore.

I think part of the reason is that they thought SFNE's shorter operating season would help.

Hasn't Silverwood actually gotten their's to be reliable?

Invertigo

I have an idea on what they can do in the DC Area. they renamed the area to Metropolis, rename Catwoman to maybe "Wonder Woman Lasso Coaster" or something, and either renamed Gotham City Gauntlet to something Superman related or remove to ride and put in some flat rides named after DC Characters

^ Good to know. I don't think I'll make it to Darien this year, but I would probably be going that way for Canada's Wonderland next year.

I know it's been mentioned on here before about just how close HQS will swing to Joker, but now that it's open, has anyone gotten a good picture of just how close it gets?

I have a picture on my digital camera I can fetch when I get home. It'd say it's a bit more than 10 ft of clearance, but definitely noticeable when you're on the ride.

The ride looks good but operations on this one are abysmal. During a 16-minute off-ride video I have watched the ride ran TWICE. Taking into account that this ride holds 40 people per cycle, that's about 8 cycles per hour, so 320 pph... Come one, SFNE, you could do better than that!

These Zamperla giant discoveries have extremely long cycles. They take a while to reach their max swing, but the airtime is incredibly once they do. Conversely, they also take a long time to slow down at the end of the ride. I think the ride cycle may be about 3-3.5 minutes on its own.

The problem I saw on dispatches was the loading procedure. You are cattle penned into two groups A and B. When it's time to load the ride, the gates open and it's a complete free-for-all for seats. When groups can't find seats next to each other, they walk around the ride a few times, ask the operator if they can wait for the next cycle, and then I saw their request being granted. This led to the ride not running at full capacity and slowing the loading.

I really wish the park assigned riders a seat number 1-40 (or however many seats there are). That system works well for Canobie's Star Blaster on a smaller scale and it worked well on Silver Dollar City's Time Traveler as well.

The problem I saw on dispatches was the loading procedure. You are cattle penned into two groups A and B. When it's time to load the ride, the gates open and it's a complete free-for-all for seats. When groups can't find seats next to each other, they walk around the ride a few times, ask the operator if they can wait for the next cycle, and then I saw their request being granted. This led to the ride not running at full capacity and slowing the loading.

I really wish the park assigned riders a seat number 1-40 (or however many seats there are). That system works well for Canobie's Star Blaster on a smaller scale and it worked well on Silver Dollar City's Time Traveler as well.

At SFOT they assign you a seat as you walk into the waiting area for your turn. If they're not doing this here, I can't imagine the cluster f it causes.

But even with the assign seating here, on a slow day it's a 30 min wait. Wait times are usually 60+ min on a normal day. I've been lucky the past few times here and caught it after it had an issue and was temp closed (which happens often) and was reopening so got on the first or second cycle. Which makes it a little scarier for me too.

I’ll be posting a media day report for HC later this week. It was last Thursday and we drove straight from there to Cedar Point for Coastermania so I just haven’t had the time to do it yet. We left Ohio today and decided to drive down to Great Adventure before heading home. We’re going to GA tomorrow so I’ll get the report up either Friday or Saturday. HC is by far my favorite flat in the park now. It’s awesome having it swing so close to Joker.