TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sesame Place Discussion Thread

Here's an awesome view from the construction of Oscar's Wacky Taxi, opening late Spring 2018!

27908373_10155046618421400_7183170313364480448_o.thumb.jpg.523c5dfb788638bca52803234c047731.jpg

Source

And here is a great time lapse look at the construction of this new coaster!

Edited by jedimaster1227

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

The soft-er green structure had me the first time I saw it. So nice to get something different! I just spoke to a coaster friend who lives out that way (in NJ, actually) and he explained they will load this ride with a new perk. They bring people up to the station in groups and let them see how the ride is loaded, what the train looks like... and to view the ride, or something along those lines. Sounds like a great way to make kids feel better if they are nervous about riding.

^ Roar-o-saurus at Story Land scares away quite a few kids with how loud it is. This seems like a good idea to try and get kids more comfortable. I just hope it doesn't slow down dispatches too much since the train only holds 12.

^ Roar-o-saurus at Story Land scares away quite a few kids with how loud it is.

I loved that ride, but I'll agree it was very loud... too loud in fact. Wondering if it's a common complaint and if Gravity Group is working on that issue? It's a very steel-y rolling noise, very high pitch.

This seems like a good idea to try and get kids more comfortable. I just hope it doesn't slow down dispatches too much since the train only holds 12.

My buddy said something about getting the trainload (or 2?) ready for their ride, not sure what exactly that entails. Do you know if they have 2 trains?

Few questions about this park.

We are planning on visiting in june, but after looking more closely at the park i am questioning if it's really worth it for "us". We have 2 kids that are 3 and 4, plus a 12 year old. The plan is to spend half a day at this park, and go over and spend the rest of the day at six flags great adventure(We have six flags season passes). We can get discounted tickets for sesame place, but it would still cost us around $200.

I was looking at a map of the park, and it's really not big at all, and noticed that over half of the park is water attractions. The kids are not really into the water slides yet, but love the amusement rides and sesame street. With that being said, is it really worth spending all that money, or am I missing something? Also, we are visiting Busch garden Williamsburg on the same trip, and noticed that they have a sesame street area in the park as well.

Thanks for any input.

If Oscar's Wacky Taxi rides like the other Gravity Group woodies, it will be a great coaster worth multiple rerides. Vapor Trail actually caused me to start to grey out on one of its helixes last year and I was stunned.

The flat rides are the same as what you can find at Busch Gardens in the main park and ride park.

I think the real differentiators are the water slides and shows. I can't speak on the latter though since I got the credit and dashed.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I don't think the ride was warmed up yet for your ride since that's a stark contrast to the rides I'm getting today. Every hill had a pop of air. The back even had some spots of ejector air on the larger drops.

Few questions about this park.

We are planning on visiting in june, but after looking more closely at the park i am questioning if it's really worth it for "us". We have 2 kids that are 3 and 4, plus a 12 year old. The plan is to spend half a day at this park, and go over and spend the rest of the day at six flags great adventure(We have six flags season passes). We can get discounted tickets for sesame place, but it would still cost us around $200.

I was looking at a map of the park, and it's really not big at all, and noticed that over half of the park is water attractions. The kids are not really into the water slides yet, but love the amusement rides and sesame street. With that being said, is it really worth spending all that money, or am I missing something? Also, we are visiting Busch garden Williamsburg on the same trip, and noticed that they have a sesame street area in the park as well.

Thanks for any input.

I think it would be worth it. Having been myself I saw that while small, it does have a good collection of rides for the kids. Do they water play at all?

I just got evacuated from Oscar's Wacky Taxi.

Looks like it'll be back up later today but just giving a heads up to anyone who may try swinging by.

from the lift hill?

We rode Wacky Taxi on Saturday after the park opened and we thought it had pretty good air time especially for a smaller coaster. After the tunnel really gets some nice pops and some pretty good speed. It really felt slightly out of control at that point. Having two trains was great, something that Story Land really needs for Roar-O-Saurus. Overall the park was great and lives up to the SeaWorld/Busch Gardens standards despite being a smaller children's park. The Character interactions were great and lines for the rides were almost non existent. Definitely a great stop if you have children.

^ Wooden Warrior only has one. The only time I've ever seen Quassy busy is on bargain night (25-50 cent rides).

Oscar's Wacky Taxi had a 20ish minute wait for my first ride, but then it became a walk-on. I'm guessing it was the first stop for many since it was both the new ride and the closest attraction to the main entrance.

Of the smaller Gravity Group woodies, I'd rank them Roar-o-saurus, Oscar's Wacky Taxi, and Wooden Warrior. Wooden Warrior has the best airtime when it occurs, but it's not as frequent as the other two. Roar-o-saurus and Oscar's Wacky Taxi have similar pacing, but Roar-o-saurus's airtime is a bit stronger. All 3 are fantastic additions for these smaller parks.

I am hearing all over the place reviews of this one from "lots of fun little air throughout" to "meandering and dull". ElToroRyan shot a great off-ride video that he put on Youtube (not sure if cool to post) and it looks like its a blast.

I saw my (almost 5 year old) nephew this past weekend who lives just down the road from the park and is eager to ride, and the first thing he said to me was to tell me he "saw on TV that Oscars Taxi is open" and he wants me to take him to ride it, and then told me how his classmate got to ride it last weekend and then asked if we could go right then and there (we were at his sisters Christening lol)

Since we do have BGW Platinum passes this year we are going to go over soon to check it out, and to finally get a ride on the other one as well.