TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

You know I was just talking to my son about the McDonalds a couple weeks ago. It was where Mooseburger is now for those that don't know. I was middle/high school age, but I just cannot remember how the pricing compared to a regular McDonalds. Surely, it had to be more but I have no memory of how much more. I can tell you that the Subway at Cedarpoint is 2-3 times more than a regular Subway.

Remember this was back when you could get a Big Mac meal outside of the park for about $3-4 but the price in the park was about $6-7.

They had the food trucks last year during Mardi Gras event and I never really saw anyone eating at them.

They were very busy at FF, of course I was there one night, on a Saturday so I have no idea what the final bottom line was.

You know I was just talking to my son about the McDonalds a couple weeks ago. It was where Mooseburger is now for those that don't know. I was middle/high school age, but I just cannot remember how the pricing compared to a regular McDonalds. Surely, it had to be more but I have no memory of how much more. I can tell you that the Subway at Cedarpoint is 2-3 times more than a regular Subway.

Remember this was back when you could get a Big Mac meal outside of the park for about $3-4 but the price in the park was about $6-7.

Well, that was what I assumed, but I just couldn't remember.

From one St. Louis'an to other locals, here's a TR from Cedar Point Coaster Campout, if anyone is interested:

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75409&p=1863143#p1863143

Prozach, I'm glad you enjoyed the event and congratulations on having MUCH better weather than we did on May 12 for the ACE event. Riding Valravn with little stinging rain pellets hitting you in the face and MF with the wind chill about 25 takes just a tad of the fun out of it

I totally hear you about nerd status. (that is meant with true love! My son is a total coaster nerd and I love him to death and let's face it nerds end up ruling the world) As "the Mom" at these events I just watch the participants and chuckle. But they are all digging what they love, my son is no exception and I do it for him. I still have 6 whole days of Coaster Con coming up in a couple weeks!

Sometime we have to meet for a drink at SFSTL.

^ I was there the night of May 12th and had similar experiences on MF and Valravn. You are correct in that it takes a lot of the fun of being at a theme park.

On the other side of the coin, our visit to SfStL days before was exceptional with temps in the low 80's and sunny - a great day!

I was in Cincinnati this weekend for a music festival so I stopped by Kings Island. The park was super clean and kept up. It was a busy day but the lines didn’t take too long.

I made a rookie mistake and lost my keys on the Firehawk. Thankfully they were able to recover them after the park closed so I wasn’t stranded in Ohio LOL

Kings Island has always been my idea of what SFSL could be with a real budget. Similar natural setting and feel so it is a really nice place just to walk around in. A decent connection to its past with a good number of old rides and buildings still around. But way more money going in to new rides.

Kings Island has always been my idea of what SFSL could be with a real budget. Similar natural setting and feel so it is a really nice place just to walk around in. A decent connection to its past with a good number of old rides and buildings still around. But way more money going in to new rides.

Always nice to dream... thankfully Kings Island isn't too far away

KI is probably my favorite park considering proximity to home. The park is well kept and the night lighting is incredible, let alone four excellent night ride coasters. Even during the Haunt, I've never waited more than ten minutes to get on a ride with Fast Lane Plus. During the regular season FL+ make most rides walk-on. The selection variety at this park is also amazing. Also, Beer Man is everywhere with no beer prison.

I can't say enough good things about that park and I'm excited for our annual trip to the park on the 23rd where the operating hours are 10am-12am.

KI is probably my favorite park considering proximity to home. The park is well kept and the night lighting is incredible, let alone four excellent night ride coasters. Even during the Haunt, I've never waited more than ten minutes to get on a ride with Fast Lane Plus. During the regular season FL+ make most rides walk-on. The selection variety at this park is also amazing. Also, Beer Man is everywhere with no beer prison.

I can't say enough good things about that park and I'm excited for our annual trip to the park on the 23rd where the operating hours are 10am-12am.

I really wish SFSL had later hours. Riding the coasters at night adds to a great experience for me.

With a KI budget, SFStL could honestly be one of the best Six Flags parks. A signature steel coaster (the infamous hyper, for example, or RMC Boss even though Boss rocks anyway) could really push it up there. Eagle and Boss at night sound amazing. The setting against the wooded hill makes the park look so pretty too.

^Even though I'm only 21 and have worked at the park since 2013, I have actually heard of this. When Dave and I went on our tour of the back roads in the winter of 2015, we spent some time back in the area between Tidal Wave and the new McBride development. He pointed out some poles and a few other things to me and told me about how they were left over from the demolition derby arena. I'll see if I can find anything else out because that's about all I got.

Ever hear anymore about county fair days? Miss the 80's and 90's lol

^Even though I'm only 21 and have worked at the park since 2013, I have actually heard of this. When Dave and I went on our tour of the back roads in the winter of 2015, we spent some time back in the area between Tidal Wave and the new McBride development. He pointed out some poles and a few other things to me and told me about how they were left over from the demolition derby arena. I'll see if I can find anything else out because that's about all I got.

Ever hear anymore about county fair days? Miss the 80's and 90's lol

How bout Spring Breakout, still remember riding Thunder River with Tony Hawk..