TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

^ It’s Memorial Day, longer lines are to be expected.

Anyway I went today as well and had a nice time. The park was quite crowded (nearly the whole parking lot was being used), but lines never exceeded 20-30min for any of the coasters I rode. Everything was running two trains, and I can confirm that Batwing was running both trains on both sides. Operations were surprisingly good for SFA standards on many of the coasters. At Roar, the two people checking the restrains literally racing each other to see who could complete their side the fastest, so that line moved at a pretty good pace, though they were doing it so fast I wasn't sure if they actually pulled up on all the restraints and the seatbelts to ensure they were locked.

I finally got a front row ride on S:ROS, and while I was only able to go once: Wow! Everyone who said that ride is best in the front is absolutely right. The view is great and the sensation of speed is incredible! Also I actually got some mild air going up the first hill, which I’ve never really gotten. I would’ve liked to ride more, but the line grew quickly, and we had other coasters to ride.

Also, I got my first 2nd-to-back row on Wild One and it was great! Solid floater and even some moments approaching flejector sort of air! I preferred it to my 2nd row ride I got ~2 months ago, though on my previous ride the cold and the fact that it was very early in the season may have factored into me liking my recent ride more.

Overall I had a fun time at Six Flags America, and look forward to visiting in the future

Ride Count:

Wild One: 2

JJ: 2

S:ROS: 1

Batwing: 1

Roar: 1

Excellent. Hopefully you'll have the chance to get a couple of flats in next time. I was over in the waterpark.

Check this out. If anyone is on the page, Amusement Park Enthusiasts, find this post:

'Tonight, I am heading to Cincinnati to Kings Island, Tuesday will be Cedar Point, Wednesday will be Dorneypark & Six Flags Great Adventure, ThursdayCarowinds,Friday Six Flags America & Kings Dominion, Saturday Six Flags Great America, Sunday,possibly Valleyfair, Monday Six Flags St Louis. And I am driving to all those theme parks.'

When you see his route, you'll say, no way! The post has many comments.

It does sound unrealistic but if the person is flying between parks then its completely doable. All of these parks are within a few hours of a national airport.

Check this out. If anyone is on the page, Amusement Park Enthusiasts, find this post:

'Tonight, I am heading to Cincinnati to Kings Island, Tuesday will be Cedar Point, Wednesday will be Dorneypark & Six Flags Great Adventure, ThursdayCarowinds,Friday Six Flags America & Kings Dominion, Saturday Six Flags Great America, Sunday,possibly Valleyfair, Monday Six Flags St Louis. And I am driving to all those theme parks.'

It does sound unrealistic but if the person is flying between parks then its completely doable. All of these parks are within a few hours of a national airport.

But it says he's driving...I bolded that in his quote.

Even if he was flying, Dorney/Gadv and SFA/KD are not doable in one day. SFA/KD means I-95 traffic at the very least.

I hate how Six Flags in general can't seem to get their rides up and ready when a new season starts. So many other parks across the world seem to usually have their rides ready to go opening day of their dry and/or water parks.

I hate how Six Flags in general can't seem to get their rides up and ready when a new season starts. So many other parks across the world seem to usually have their rides ready to go opening day of their dry and/or water parks.

Tell me about it, I rode Valleyfair's StarFlyer (last Memorial Day weekend) while Six Flags America's was still in pieces in the boneyard.

Six Flags as a whole usually doesn’t open their new attractions until Memorial Day weekend or afterwards because they want their customers to keep coming back. Also, I know for a fact most of the gp realizes this park is mediocre and I hear at least one comparison to another park each visit. They may not know that they’re 13+ Six Flags parks, but they know of KD and other superior surrounding parks.i always hear “these rider always break down” “intimidator is better than superman”. I’ve even seen a tweet stating, “don’t you guys get tired of riding the same rides over and over again”. The GP is well aware that the park needs a new coaster and can get boring quickly, but they tolerate it since it’s the closest park to them. If KD was only 30 mins away, SFA would have turned into Darien Lake or Kentucky kingdom.

Six Flags as a whole usually doesn’t open their new attractions until Memorial Day weekend or afterwards because they want their customers to keep coming back. Also, I know for a fact most of the gp realizes this park is mediocre and I hear at least one comparison to another park each visit. They may not know that they’re 13+ Six Flags parks, but they know of KD and other superior surrounding parks.i always hear “these rider always break down” “intimidator is better than superman”. I’ve even seen a tweet stating, “don’t you guys get tired of riding the same rides over and over again”. The GP is well aware that the park needs a new coaster and can get boring quickly, but they tolerate it since it’s the closest park to them. If KD was only 30 mins away, SFA would have turned into Darien Lake or Kentucky kingdom.

There is no validity to this. I have heard the same things about Holiday World, Disney parks, Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Cedar Point, Knoebels.... some of the most respected parks in the nation. Hearing people say them things does not validate your points. Its principle they say they are going to have a new ride for a new season it should be ready for opening day unless of course something goes wrong during the building process.

Not sure what you mean by "turned into Dairen Lake or Kentucky Kingdom" but I have been to both parks and both are actually really nice. Both parks are well taken care of. They may not have the biggest baddest rides but they are fun and have the same issues that most mid level parks have. I have recently made the point that Dairen Lake is a really well rounded park - they have decent coasters, they keep the grounds very clean, the gardens are well maintained, they have one of the biggest camp grounds in the nation, they have a hotel on property, and they have the 30,000 seat Live Nation arena. A lot of this is the same for Kentucky Kingdom - they have a well rounded coaster collection, especially with the addition of the RMC woodie and Lightning Run - both are great coasters, they keep the grounds well maintained, and the overall public view of the park has changed dramatically over the years, especially within the enthusiast community. They have been able to break away from the stigma of the accident that happened their that was hugely publicized.

If KD was only 30 mins away, SFA would have turned into Darien Lake or Kentucky kingdom.

I dunno, that might not be so bad... the coasters Kentucky Kingdom has added over the past 5 years would have made SFA substantially better...

Sorry let me clarify, what I meant is that it could have possibly been sold to another company and be in the same state as Darien Lake or would have closed for a bit like Kentucky Kingdom. Currently Kentucky Kingdom is the better park with lighting run and storm chaser alone lol.

But it says he's driving...I bolded that in his quote.

Even if he was flying, Dorney/Gadv and SFA/KD are not doable in one day. SFA/KD means I-95 traffic at the very least.

He was able to get all of the parks up until Thursday. Traffic wasn't an issue. He threw in the towel after SFA and KD. Said finances were running low, and some other issue. I got to meet him, at least.

• 2 weeks later...

It is looking good honestly. However, I am not surprised they got to this late. They never have anything ready at the beginning of a season. Once its open I am sure it will be beautiful. The catch is will they keep up with all of the effects of the ride - water features, water falls, etc. We have seen all around the park how they do not keep up with a lot of the rides features. They water fall on PBR barely works and one whole penguin is gone. Last time I rode the river rapids a whole water fall was not even turned on.

I know its been said so many times but I was every time I go to Morey's and Six Flags New England I can't help but think how much I want this park to get the new trains on Mind Eraser. They make it a completely different ride for the better.

Well, they are supposed to have it available for ert at CoasterCon on Sunday. Will be interesting to see if they make it. The new slide here, at SFStl, Typhoon Twister has still not opened either. It was listed on the web site initially as coming in May and now just says opening soon. Maybe by the 4th of July

It is looking good honestly. However, I am not surprised they got to this late. They never have anything ready at the beginning of a season. Once its open I am sure it will be beautiful. The catch is will they keep up with all of the effects of the ride - water features, water falls, etc. We have seen all around the park how they do not keep up with a lot of the rides features. They water fall on PBR barely works and one whole penguin is gone. Last time I rode the river rapids a whole water fall was not even turned on.

I know its been said so many times but I was every time I go to Morey's and Six Flags New England I can't help but think how much I want this park to get the new trains on Mind Eraser. They make it a completely different ride for the better.

I've also noticed that Mind Eraser at SFA only has one train now.

And if I had a poop load of money . . . . I'd buy new trains for the ride; or go the Morey's route and do a re-tracking.

And if I had a poop load of money . . . . I'd buy new trains for the ride; or go the Morey's route and do a re-tracking.

That is interesting. During Fright Fest ME can get quite the line and they usually use both trains. I wonder if one is being refurbished. I hope this doesn't get the boot any time soon. I personally really enjoy SLC's a lot.

That is interesting. During Fright Fest ME can get quite the line and they usually use both trains. I wonder if one is being refurbished. I hope this doesn't get the boot any time soon. I personally really enjoy SLC's a lot.

You and me both.