TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Does Runaway Mountain have an air conditioned queue? If so, maybe we'll save that for later and love every second of standing in it. If not, never-mind.

It's about 50/50. The first half of the queue is outdoor (albeit shaded) switchbacks but most of the time on slow days the queue is only out to the indoor section which has air conditioning that works most of the time. The station and ride have great air conditioning and most of the queue is either shaded, indoors, or air conditioned.

Luckily, the whole park is pretty well shaded (especially the Texas/Spain side) except the Gotham section. Fortunately, Mr. Freeze has a comfortable (indoor, mostly cold) queue, but Batman's queue is long and like standing in an oven.

This is the only park I have been to that has air conditioning in an outdoor line besides Disney.

What do you mean by this? Are we talking misting fans?

Look at my 3rd picture I just posted. They have air conditioning in the outside line for the scrambler.

I also remember that there were quite a few misting fans in the Gotham city area.

Bill. . I literally had all the above info typed up earlier today (including noting that Runaway Mountain is half indoor and the outdoor section is pretty well shaded). . .LOL. . but my phone wouldn't let me post it from the airport (s) . . . Buffalo early, then Orlando in afternoon.

finally back home and on my computer, before conking out after an intense few days in Ontario.

anyways. . .I'd recommend against the drink bottle, or doing any soda, as that will dehydrate you quick in the Texas heat. . and trust me, it's going to be BRUTAL.

I'd suggest buying a Dasani Water, early, then just keep the cap and refill it frequently from water fountains thruout the day.

as noted, La Vibora has terrible thruput (tho it does have a single rider line). . but I'd still recommend doing that first, as those seats get HOT in the sun and later in the afternoon, it can be painful to sit in the hot cars.

if you can handle it, what I would do, is wear a very light long-sleeve shirt. That will help immensely with sunburn prevention, as well as help keep you cool (just look at lawn guys, they pretty much all work in the heat in long sleeves)

have fun, SFoT is a great park.

no SFFT this trip tho?

I had 100 degree heat when I visited last year, but at least it was a dry heat as opposed to the humid heat of the East. 100 degrees is still dang hot, but at least it isn't sticky. As long as you keep drinking (water) and wear sunscreen, it's manageable.

As for the ride order, I don't blame you one bit for hitting the New Texas Giant first. I'd suggest hitting the flume after since it's nearby in Spain and I imagine it will generate a long line on such a hot day. La Vibora is the coaster that gets the worst wait, but it does have a single rider line if the line becomes too long.

I actually screwed up when I was there and walked in through the exit (I didn't know that the ride was exempt from fastpass)

It hasn't always been this way. Runaway Mountain was on Flash Pass for the longest time. (2017 is the first year I remember it being off.)

I went out Monday and took a look while there. I must not have the foresight you have, it still looked a mess to me. Big piles of dirt and a ride that was being worked on. I was thinking end of June. Won't it take a while to pour the cement and let it set plus get the queue ready?

I believe that most of the dirt piles are in an area that will be an empty pad. The ques could take a week- possibly. SFOT is so far behind on everything new this year. Looks like it has been a rough spring in that regard for a variety of reasons- not necessarily weather. I did see a fair amount of progress last Saturday. Things will sure be nice we they get finished though!

Did anyone else see the actors from the TAG movie were randomly at the park yesterday. The park was trying to break a world record for Freeze tag. Sometimes the Six Flags marketing goes far and beyond even for them. You can see more if you look at SFOT Facebook. There’s a video of them riding Batman. So Hawkeye was on Batman

https://www.facebook.com/sixflagsovertexas/videos/10156140790100991/

I've heard a rumor that the reason the ride assembly was delayed for so long was a huge mix up between the bolt patterns on the foundation and the bolt holes on the base of the ride. The bases had to be modified locally and that process was pretty time consuming. Take this with the grain of salt with which it was issued.

I've tried researching this, and have come up empty. Even the park map on the official site still has the Troika listed as "Harley Quinn's Spinsanity", so what IS that Troika going to be named now? Or has it been removed? Just curious how that strange situation all got resolved...

I've tried researching this, and have come up empty. Even the park map on the official site still has the Troika listed as "Harley Quinn's Spinsanity", so what IS that Troika going to be named now? Or has it been removed? Just curious how that strange situation all got resolved...

the Trioka was removed.

not sure why SFoT online map is reflecting a prior year's map still.

it is odd. .but Sportsdude is local to SFoT, so his input is likely best on status.

^Thanks!

Interesting that they chose to remove it, rather than just rename it... I wonder if it was having reliability issues already, or if they have plans for that space? Just removing it because of it being called Harley Quinn before, seems a little odd to me...

Just to update everyone. The Tourbillion is now in it's testing phase and more themeing is being added. The park hasn't yet announced when they will have Diamond First to Ride and VIP days, respectively. But the ride will likely be ready by the end of the month. As for the Troika, it is currently in storage. The park hasn't said anything about what they plan to do with it, but it might get sent to SFSTL as a replacement for their defunct Enterprise ride.

UPDATE: SFOT has announced that Harley Quinn Spinsanity, an ABC Rides Tourbillion, will open to the public on July 14!