TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

At splash country today! Good day, the parks nice and clean.. a lot of repainting was done during the off season.. they are closed for lighting now but their sense of humor is great.. all songs are about storms and rain!! Lol

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

At splash country today! Good day, the parks nice and clean.. a lot of repainting was done during the off season.. they are closed for lighting now but their sense of humor is great.. all songs are about storms and rain!! Lol

Great I was hoping Splash Country got off to a good start. It would be cool if they could make a long ride in the mountainside similar toTeamboat Springs and maybe call it Grizzly Gulley or something like that. A super long raft ride built in the mountains would be cool if you ask me. I loved Splash Country the times I have been able to go.I can't wait to see how it continues to grow.

Splash country is hit and miss.. it can be busy and if it's busy I don't find it much fun but my wife and I always enjoy relaxing in the lazy river even it it is busy or beside the wave pool.. all slides were walkon yesterday though which was awesome! Schools aren't out yet here so it was mostly small kids and older families

^ I enjoyed Splash Country because of how well shaded the park was. They have the headliner in RiverRush that I wanted to reride plus a nice mix of body and tube slides.

The only three rides with a noticeable waits during my visits last year were RiverRush, Big Bear Plunge, and the bowl slide and those capped at about a half hour.

Yeah for a water park it's very shaded.. also has a lot of free cover for those who want to lay beside the pool.. I have been to water parks that only have paid cover.. yeah splash country does have paid cover but the free is nice! Plenty of trees, and so on..

Pro Tip: if you plan to visit Dollywood and Splash Country remember the splash country bottles work for 99 cent refills at Dollywood!! But the plus side is the $15.99 splash bottle is free unlimited refills at splash country on day of visit and the $30 bottle is free unlimited at splash for the entire season.. both offer 99 cent refills at Dollywood.. just saying as those bottles are a slightly better deal for some if you plan to visit both parks! Might wanna swing by Splash Country first and get your bottle there..

Okay.. so after almost 4 months of Dollywood being open this year, I just realized the lockers by the Plaza at Wilderness Pass, which I affectionately call PAWP still have River Battle printed on it.

I noticed it after hearing a kid say “mommy where did river battle go” she said “I don’t know the sign is still here maybe they’ll open it back up later in summer”

If you believe the latest Screamscape update, a shortened version of River Battle may return in the new expansion.

Again I take everything there with a grain of salt, but it does make some sense to reuse the ride hardware if they already have it.

I agree! They should use the River Battle ride or part of it if they still have it. I enjoyed that Sceamscape update and look so forward to the official announcement.

On another note regarding being able to handle larger crowds: I was watching a youtube update on Dollywood's 2018 updates and one of them was that they widened the pathway in Craftsman's Valley. That is great. I have read how crowded Timber Canyon was during the new Luminights event and was thinking some walkway connecting Timber Canyon to Craftsman's Valley would be so nice. Even if it was a tunnel walkway thru the mountain. I printed a park map but can't tell where this could be feasible. It may not be. If there was a connection between the Daredevil Falls area coming out around Mystery Mine with maybe a see thru ceiling area as Wild Eagle soars over you that would be cool. I wish i could remember the layout of these areas from my prior visits but it has been too long. Anyway I was just thinking out loud again.

I know a lot of enthusiasts don't care about River Battle, but we loved it. We ride River Blast at SDC almost every visit in the summer too. It's a really great ride for kids, thrilling but slow with no drops. Everyone can enjoy it together. In the modern world where most new rides have very high height requirements, having a ride with no minimum when a parent rides is awesome.

Well... Of course I don’t know what is specifically is coming, and if I did I wouldn’t say anything, but I was under the impression RB was sold. But I think rebuilding RB would be a very welcomed change.

Edited by komasixx

It was in the splash parking lot until about a week before they opened so yeah I'd assume it was just moved because they opened..

There is a very similar looking ride on the prints so who knows

If you believe the latest Screamscape update, a shortened version of River Battle may return in the new expansion.

Again I take everything there with a grain of salt, but it does make some sense to reuse the ride hardware if they already have it.

About a month ago on page 1640 I brought up that it makes perfect sense that River Battle could be reused and showed on the map where it could be. This was long before Screamscape posted about it and few people laughed at me.

Personally I didn't care for the ride. It was fun on busy days (when the ride was full) there was a lot of interaction with the guests. On slow days, I would not ride it and shoot at my kids on the ride from the sides just so they had someone to shoot at. One time my wife inadvertently wore a white shirt and white bra. I think every guy in the park was aiming at her...lol

As far as River Battle coming back I feel it will. Especially if it was spotted a week before Splash opened. The kids loved it, me personally I don’t like getting THAT wet. Slidewinder is my limit really. RB for me was too much lol but it was fun to watch the kids have fun. I think if it’s briugh back it’ll be rethemed to a less...”whimsical cartoon”. Maybe go more realistic. I seen somewhere this area may be Geyser Gulch? Isn’t that an area River Rampage is themed around?

Onto Lightning Rod, so I just checked the Dollywood snap story, and apparently LR has no new additions to it. (No new hoods, lights, etc.) So what were those hoods in the grass for?

25565CB2-1EED-4383-8190-56ACF680F3B5.thumb.png.3643d1b45bb4a7d54e7eb2d57424aed3.png

I seen somewhere this area may be Geyser Gulch? Isn’t that an area River Rampage is themed around?

I highly doubt that. That was a kids playground area at Silver Dollar City (Branson) for over 15 years. It is unlikely HFEC would reuse the name/theme even if it were at a sister park.

As far as River Battle coming back I feel it will. Especially if it was spotted a week before Splash opened. The kids loved it, me personally I don’t like getting THAT wet. Slidewinder is my limit really. RB for me was too much lol but it was fun to watch the kids have fun. I think if it’s briugh back it’ll be rethemed to a less...”whimsical cartoon”. Maybe go more realistic. I seen somewhere this area may be Geyser Gulch? Isn’t that an area River Rampage is themed around?

Onto Lightning Rod, so I just checked the Dollywood snap story, and apparently LR has no new additions to it. (No new hoods, lights, etc.) So what were those hoods in the grass for?

Yup, it was there a week or so before splash opened.. at least part of it. You could see some of the "logs" while driving into Dollywood early this month.

I'm also curious if it will come back under a new theme? Especially if the area has a drastically different theme than others in the park..

As for LR, my theory is they planned to change the hoods and stuff out but then had a series of downtime and issues that got in the way of the change

I seen somewhere this area may be Geyser Gulch? Isn’t that an area River Rampage is themed around?

I highly doubt that. That was a kids playground area at Silver Dollar City (Branson) for over 15 years. It is unlikely HFEC would reuse the name/theme even if it were at a sister park.

Why wouldn't they reuse a name? It's a decent, unique name and they already have the trademarks. They re-use everything else between the parks anyway, more-so now than ever. I could see them not thinking that it fits the park well enough though. Not a lot of geysers in the smokies that I know of. The "geyser" at SDC was a wacky imaginative thing that tied into the zany kids area. Other than Mystery Mine, they don't seem quite as creative at DW. I could see them calling it something like "Cascade Canyon".

I still think Screamscape just regurgitates a lot of what they read on message boards. Who knows if there's any veracity to those rumors, or if that's just the communities best guess at the moment. It sounds good though.

The problem with the original river battle was never the ride style itself, it was just that they cheaped out so much on it. Some non-plastic theming would have gone a long way. It was already pretty short though... not sure it would be worth waiting in line for if it ends up even shorter.

This video was posted today showing a construction update. I’ve seen some footers being placed for the coaster already. Something I’ve been really focusing on though is the back area near the train loop. Some dozer work has been going on there. If they weren’t going to develop that, wouldn’t they just leave it well undeveloped? In the video it is being leveled and has like an orange liner around an area. Could Dollywood develop the whole plot in one?

A45908AD-3ACC-4456-8E04-DA0DB9ED3B0F.jpeg.ea2fa8e0704f45c7e0b967f539532ff3.jpeg

I still think Screamscape just regurgitates a lot of what they read on message boards. Who knows if there's any veracity to those rumors, or if that's just the communities best guess at the moment. It sounds good though.

Yeah, the whole bit about not being able to get a hyper because Carowinds and SFoG has one seemed a little far fetched to me. Based on that logic, shouldn't Carowinds not have been able to get Intimidator if there was some clause?

Anyone in the pigeon forge area got a look on this weekends weather? I keep watching from my phone and it’s changed 6 times. I’ll be going to Dollywood possibly on Sunday and I want to dodge the thunderstorms and rain if possible. I have a bring a friend pass and Sunday is the last day to use this one.

I want to dodge the thunderstorms and rain if possible.

The tropical storm should be gone by then, but what comes in after is hard to guess.

Expect typical summer weather, scattered afternoon thunderstorms.

Now it’s changed back to all day thunderstorms with a 90% chance of rain. If it doesn’t change we’ll push back to next weekend. I really don’t feel like walking around a soaking wet Dollywood all day haha I done that back in December. Yea the lines were low but I was just so uncomfortable. Soaking wet feet, etc.

One thing I’ve never understood about the bring a friend passes is why they only have certain dates. Like mine are 4/30-6/3 and 8/6-8/31. Especially for the August one, that’s called a fall ticket, and that doesn’t even cover any fall festival lol