Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 20 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue May 29, 2018 8:57 am

To their credit, all of the roller coasters were at least open on Friday.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Tue May 29, 2018 9:14 am

I was there on Sunday and every coaster was open. That is more then I can say about most six flags I go to. Only notable rides I saw closed were shazam and excalibur. Sadly I was not able to check out the water park. It was at capacity most the day
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue May 29, 2018 9:45 am

^ To be honest I find that Six Flags is actually pretty good about having all their coasters open. They may not be run super efficiently if you go before the peak season, but they will be open.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Danrarbc » Tue May 29, 2018 3:30 pm

grsupercity wrote:I was there on Sunday and every coaster was open. That is more then I can say about most six flags I go to. Only notable rides I saw closed were shazam and excalibur. Sadly I was not able to check out the water park. It was at capacity most the day

They put those signs up pre-emptivly. Was there a line?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Tue May 29, 2018 8:27 pm

I wonder why Hurricane Harbor keeps on opening later every year. It used to open up at 10:30am when the main park opened. Now it doesn’t open until 12pm.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby aaronmb » Tue May 29, 2018 8:51 pm

Got a survey in my email today for a new name for a ride. It went from questions related to that, to a completely random local attraction question.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby thisdougsforu » Wed May 30, 2018 8:53 am

Went on my Florida trip last week to both Busch Gardens Tampa and Sea World Orlando. BGT was an amazing park, Sea World was eh (Mako was freaking incredible though, outside front row on that is KILLER). Mako had me thinking about our home park, as even though the ride was absolutely top notch, the fact it's just sort of sitting out in open is fairly dull. Made me really appreciate the wooded scenery and hills back home. I can only imagine what a steel coaster zipping through the dense areas of foliage and hills would be like in the back of the park.

Also, as I was enjoying the various steel rides at both parks I did find myself missing a woodie. Makes me really appreciate our collection of them.

I really hope we get a Raptor though!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Wed May 30, 2018 9:50 am

Danrarbc wrote:
grsupercity wrote:I was there on Sunday and every coaster was open. That is more then I can say about most six flags I go to. Only notable rides I saw closed were shazam and excalibur. Sadly I was not able to check out the water park. It was at capacity most the day

There was a line. Was my first time at the park. Me and my wife had flash passes and hit every coaster. We went in with lower expectations and blown away by this place. We had a great time (though it was ceazy hot)
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby thisdougsforu » Wed May 30, 2018 10:51 am

grsupercity wrote:
Danrarbc wrote:

There was a line. Was my first time at the park. Me and my wife had flash passes and hit every coaster. We went in with lower expectations and blown away by this place. We had a great time (though it was ceazy hot)

Your TR post was great!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Danrarbc » Wed May 30, 2018 1:15 pm

HARLEYGUYJB wrote:I wonder why Hurricane Harbor keeps on opening later every year. It used to open up at 10:30am when the main park opened. Now it doesn’t open until 12pm.

They are switching between opening at 11 and 12 depending on day.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!