TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Here's a pic of the new Incredicoaster trains from the Disney Parks Blog website. IMO these trains look hideous. The blue/gray color looks flat out ugly and the painted on grill and idents makes the train look tacky and cluttered.

Agreed--major downgrade. It's official now, the only thing I like about this change is the name Incredicoaster.

I don’t care what the trains look like as long as the ride experience is better.

Frankly, I don't think they look any better or worse that the original trains.

Hi all

I'm visiting Disneyland and DCA for the first time at the end of May.

Does anyone know the liklihood of Disney soft-opening Pixar Pier/Incredicoaster before mid June?

I know the official opening isn't until the 23rd, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced soft openings at DCA before.

Thanks!

Can't really say for sure, but back when Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was getting ready to open they would just suddenly allow people to get in line and hop on it. It wasn't an open all day type thing. It was really just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

Hello Everyone! I'll be visiting both Disneyland and DCA in June. I'm planning on visiting both parks in one day, and was wondering if anybody had any tips, such as order to do rides and places to eat. Thanks in advance!

Hello Everyone! I'll be visiting both Disneyland and DCA in June. I'm planning on visiting both parks in one day, and was wondering if anybody had any tips, such as order to do rides and places to eat. Thanks in advance!

Looks like you're pasting the same thing in all the CA threads. Dig a few pages in and you'll find some answers since lots of people are planning trips as well. Heck you might even stumble across something like my trip report that highlights Knott's/DCA/DL in one day!

Disneyland is a different sort of park. I did both in one day, but to answer your questions, I'll need to know your priorities. What are your favourite Disney movies? That is an absolutely essential question to your enjoyment of these parks.

Disneyland is a different sort of park. I did both in one day, but to answer your questions, I'll need to know your priorities. What are your favourite Disney movies? That is an absolutely essential question to your enjoyment of these parks.

Haha! I literally love all of them. I’m trying to focus mostly on your classic Disney Rides, and the thrill rides. Don’t know how to pick my favorite Disney movie!

Fantastic, you'll have a good time then. You'll want to spend way more time in DL than DCA. I used roughly this plan, although I'll update for a couple of changes since then (also assuming Pixar Pier will be open when you're going; it opens June 23, not sure when in June your trip is):

DCA at opening

- Get Guardians of the Galaxy Fastpass, single rider Radiator Springs Racers

- Go on Guardians of the Galaxy

- Get Toy Story Fastpass, standby Mickey's Fun Wheel

- Single rider Incredicoaster

- Go on Toy Story

- Get Soarin' Fastpass, go on Grizzly Rapids

- Go on Soarin'

- Leave for Disneyland

DL:

- Get Haunted Mansion Fastpass

- Go on Splash Mountain

- Go on Pirates of the Caribbean

- Go on Haunted Mansion

- Get Big Thunder Mountain Fastpass

- Go on Toad's Wild Ride and Peter Pan's Flight

- Go on Big Thunder Mountain

- Get Space Mountain Fastpass

- Go on Star Tours

- Single rider Matterhorn

- Go on Space Mountain

Pick either World of Color or fireworks for your final show.

Eat before the parks open (Tortilla Joe's has a great breakfast burrito) and then after they close. You may pick up something quick if you see no line, but keep moving.

Maybe you get to a bit more, depends on other factors. Basically have the Fastpass for the big attraction going at all times. You can even get the new one once the timestamp for your old one is up. For example, if you have a Haunted Mansion return time of 11:30-12:30, then at 11:30 you can grab a Big Thunder Mountain at 11:30. With Maxpass, you can even do this without going over to the ride physically, so get Maxpass. It's $10. Do it.

Pick either World of Color or fireworks for your final show.

A question.

I read on the official website that "World of color" will be closed from today until over mid-June.

But I also read, on facebook and similar pages, comments on the reopening at the end of May (only the show, without the rest of the pier).

Do you know what the effective date will be?

We will be at the park on May 28-29-30 and it would be nice to see it.

ty

• 3 weeks later...

I checked and checked and....nothing found as far as I could tell....so....

Happy 25th Birthday Toontown!

Mickey's Toontown opened in Disneyland on January 24, 1993. The area is inspired

by "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", and resembles a set from a Max Fleischer cartoon.

So it must be true, right?

happybirthdaybeer.jpg.f7f280864cd2c0fc44fa7d942f44530d.jpg

x 5!

Toontown25thB-day.jpg.6a4a40a4bcae0e8d2d656d29363b8559.jpg

Taking bets on if Toontown will live to see its 30th birthday?

I could see Mickey & Minnie's runaway railroad coming to Toontown in the next wave of expansion for DLR after Star Wars is a few years old.

Poor Toontown... It has its 25th birthday and nobody bats an eye.

Also, World of Color will not be opening with Pixar Pier. It's going to be a good few months before the show opens again.

It is currently on the entertainment schedule for June 23, the opening day of Pixar Pier.

I still think that the whole concept and actual Cartoon Spin attraction,

was one of the most original dark rides Disney ever came up with. For it's time.

Poor Toontown... It has its 25th birthday and nobody bats an eye.

Also, World of Color will not be opening with Pixar Pier. It's going to be a good few months before the show opens again.

It is currently on the entertainment schedule for June 23, the opening day of Pixar Pier.

Platform 2 broke the other day and they lost all power, dimmers, and half of the structure. Barring a true Disney miracle, it's not opening in three weeks.

I could see Mickey & Minnie's runaway railroad coming to Toontown in the next wave of expansion for DLR after Star Wars is a few years old.

That would be a great idea!

That would be a great idea!

I agree. They need to breath some life into that area.