TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

tdrexplorer.com just posted the recent announcements from HKDL in regards to probable

opening years for various attractions coming up. No mention of the big Marvel Attraction, but

that isn't supposed to be open until 2023, so they're probably taking their time with that one.

https://tdrexplorer.com/hong-kong-disneyland-announces-new-expansion-details/

So, it looks like the the Oaken Coaster is a "go" for FrozenLand. Also, the second attraction there will be a

"musical journey to Elsa's Ice palace". Hmmm. Sounds intriguing. I'm hoping it's a totally new ride/attraction,

not a clone of the ride in the Norway Pavilion in EPCOT...

One can always hope.

2019 - Antman & The Wasp Ride opens.

2020 - The Castle Transformation is completed.

2021 - Arendelle (re)opens it's gates to visitors.

(I mean, wasn't it always there to begin with? Like Toontown at DL?)

2023-? - Major Marvel Attraction (not re-confirmed at this time)

NewStuff03b.png.dbcc78324beb6f144baa49262e3e2395.png

It looks like a more-enclosed, slightly-altered version of the Dwarfs Mine Coaster. Eventually, we'll all find out. (o:

(I mean, wasn't it always there to begin with? Like Toontown at DL?)

Not really. The Frozen area is set to be beyond the railroad perimeter in a previously empty lot between Toy Story Land and It's A Small World.

5e0510f3dc5d2faa7fadb1d535ca1a0b.jpg

^ I didn't want to explain myself about it, that much. But...

The old "Backstory" to Toontown (1993), was that it was always there, behind Disneyland.

Then, all of the Toons decided to open the gates, reveal them self, and let the humans in.

I just fantasized that FrozenLand was always there, but magically, we didn't "see it."

That's all I meant. I do know where it's actually located in the park.

Never meant to actually mislead anyone about it.

^ I didn't want to explain myself about it, that much. But...

The old "Backstory" to Toontown (1993), was that it was always there, behind Disneyland.

Then, all of the Toons decided to open the gates, reveal them self, and let the humans in.

I just fantasized that FrozenLand was always there, but magically, we didn't "see it."

That's all I meant. I do know where it's actually located in the park.

Never meant to actually mislead anyone about it.

I see.

I'm interested to see if they intend to port the coaster to Paris as well once it gets its Frozen land or if it stays Hong Kong exclusive.

^ Agreed. I'm also interested to see, if they ever use that first attraction idea (the trackless Oaken's Sleigh Ride

they came up with), maybe in Tokyo DisneySea, where they "might eventually" put Arendelle in there?

Who knows, with all these ideas and designs they come up with, at Disney?

NewStuff01b.png.6eccd68fad5bf61ad0014a6ffe895d35.png

Beginning of May. Nothing re-built just yet. Wait till next year. Photo from HK Main Street Gazette, thanks!

• 3 months later...

Looks like the new "performance area" of the castle re-build, has been completed.

And this front stage, I am seeing, is almost as tall as the (current) castle itself, lol!

On second thought, this could have something to do with HKDL's current Halloween, too.

NewStuff01c.png.b9fadac68a3fe20f47d9aaffccdc9ee2.png

Where's the castle? (o; Photo posted by HK Main Street Gazette.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With Ant-Man & The Wasp getting ready to open (March 31st), HKDL is getting ready to sell merchandise and food that reflect the attraction's......style.

Posted by http://www.tdrexplorer.com Thanks!

antman-burger-2018.jpg.80c85c17df5103339f676c8e42cde509.jpg

The Ant-Man Burger(s). Hmmm. Not sure about that bun. But that is one heck of a slice of tomato!

wasp-burger-2018.jpg.84bbb05c46ed036a901a2915b9723d35.jpg

The Wasp Burger(s). Mmmmm onion rings. Sold! (o: The burger sliders are cute, too.

• 1 month later...

HKDL just released more info. on the new Ant Man / Wasp attraction, opening at the end of March.

They also included a few interior photos of it, which look nice and dark and Marvel-ish!

And it's looking more and more like HKDL will be The First DL to have a truly realized Marvel Land.

Once their Major Attraction (taking over the Autopia footprint) opens in 2023?

NewStuff12.jpg.2249bc3cfe2fb814c06bc1ff85dedaeb.jpg

....After we took the Tunnel! (o:

NewStuff11.jpg.bd1764649f33f4baa975dfb91e560228.jpg

Round and Round we're going...

^ Doesn't it??? I am now (not so) seriously, working on a three-AsiaDisney Resort trip in 2025. Starting with Shanghai, then down to Hong Kong, and then back, up, and over to Tokyo Disney...

Po$$ible? I hope so, lol!

• 1 month later...

Ride Videos have been discovered.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Theme Story ( with my theme):

In Hong Kong Disneyland, right next to Ironman experience, by the Stark Expo, the new section has just opened to the public.

It is 'S.H.I.E.L.D. Science and Technology Pavilion', where S.H.I.E.L.D.’s latest technological developments are shown, and shows the guests how S.H.I.E.L.D. uses technology and science to protect our world.

However, there is a big emergency situation right now.

Arnim Zola, and his forces of Hydra is attacking Stark Tower (Ironman experience), and he also sent an army of Swarmbots to steal the 'data core', which contains highly classified information.

IMG_20171220_202258.thumb.jpg.5d97142bc3c1effc7f46acd904e8df35.jpg

I'm S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, trained in Busan, South Korea.

As an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., I can tell this is a simultaneous attack launched by Hydra. Tony (Ironman) is currently busy, trying to protect the tower, so Antman and Wasp arrived to help.

Your mission is to ride on to 'Dagger (D/AGR – the Defense/Assault Ground Rover)' and use the EMP Blasters on the vehicle to shoot the Swarmbots and defeat Zola.

Don't let data core fall into the hands of Hydra!

Oh, by the way...about me...

For a limited time, S.H.I.E.L.D. recruited new people to be an agent in Busan, South Korea.

I gladly answered the call and trained to be an agent.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

At that time, I fought with Red Skull, Viper (Madame Hydra) and MODOK. Red Skull and Viper was captured, but MODOK managed to get away.

However, S.H.I.E.L.D. viewed me as worthy enough, so I became a new agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Currently, S.H.I.E.L.D. is recruiting new agents in Bangkok, Thailand.

Edited by SharkTums

^ Well, all those videos pretty much cover it, LOL! Thanks for posting them all.

Can't wait to see what the big "E Ticket" attraction is going to go in back there, eventually.

HK Main Street Gazette has just posted a couple of photos,

of the ongoing transformation of the Magic Kingdom's Castle.

Thanks for the photos!

Castle10.jpg.3b8a6418fd7bcfb63bac0624f93b0b3e.jpg

From the front.

Castle11.jpg.7907d8026a8d292053c14dba27971c37.jpg

And from behind the Castle.

NewStuff01a.jpg.850b2f2aa8e4edf4013bdd66a951b13e.jpg

A reminder of what it's all going to (hopefully, eventually) look like.

• 2 months later...

I found a recent overhead shot of the area where FrozenLand is being built. And I noticed that what is probably the water ride layout, is not looking like the same layout as at EPCOT. What I can see.

Which makes it unique on it's own and not a true clone of the original Frozen ride!

Frozen02.jpg.ab4aa549898b14a417e149b8ebb834b3.jpg

...And the Kristoff's Sleigh Ride Coaster will be at the top of the clearing, there. Beside IAsW's show bldg..

• 1 month later...

So I haven't seen this mentioned, apologies if I missed it, but Hong Kong has joined Paris and Shanghai in having a paid-fast pass system. Winnie the Pooh and Space Mountain are the only two that have ever offered free fast-pass and will still have the fast pass machines. Strangely enough, Space Mountain will now be the only free fast pass exclusive ride in the park since it isn't on this new pass.

There seems to be two tiers with the highest tier converting to I think around $50:

Disney “Priority Special” Attraction Admission Pass allows guests to enjoy one-time priority access to three out of five selected attractions across the park.

Price:

- HK$249

Choices of Attractions:

Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle!

Mystic Manor

Iron Man Experience

Mickey’s PhilharMagic

Disney “Priority Special+” Attraction Admission Pass allows guests to enjoy one-time priority access to all eight designated attractions across the park.

Price:

- HK$349 (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)

- HK$399 (Weekends and Public Holidays)

Designated Attractions:

Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle!

Mystic Manor

Iron Man Experience

Mickey’s PhilharMagic

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Toy Soldier Parachute Drop

Slinky Dog Spin

Walk-up Purchase Locations: Main Entrance Ticket Booths, Pooh Corner and Expo Shop

(Hotel Guests may purchase at discounted price from Front Desk of the three resort hotels)

Pre-arrival purchase available exclusively online. Act now to enjoy convenient access to these amazing attractions!

Source

Alternatively, there's a one day and pass combo for the 3 out of 5 for $838 HK Dollars or the + pass for $938 weekdays, $988 weekends (so a saving of around $50).

It seems its included for hotels but not sure if that's per day or per stay. I'm assuming with walk up counters in the hotel for the new pass, it's just a one time gift.

Enjoy Attraction Priority Admission Pass for Your Selection

Hotels guests will receive the Priority Admission Pass to at least 1 park attraction, based on the type of hotel room booked. Guests of the three hotels staying in a Sea View Room will receive Priority Admission Passes to 3 attractions, and guests staying in a Kingdom Club Room of Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel will receive Priority Admission Passes to 4 attractions. Priority Admission Passes allow guests to enjoy priority access at selected attractions across the park, including family-friendly attractions and thrill rides!

In addition, guests staying in a Sea View room of Disney Explorers Lodge or Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel will receive seat reservations to “Festival of the Lion King” , while guests staying in a Kingdom Club Room of Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel will receive seat reservations to the first show of “Mickey and the Wondrous Book” on the day of their visit.

Source

Edited by Garet

Translates to the following USD -

$31.75 for the 3-attraction pass

$44.50 and $50.87 for the 8-attraction pass.

$106.84 for the combo with 3.

$119.59 and $124.95 for the combo with 8.

Still cheaper than the US parks, but not by much. Japan is still miles ahead of every other Disney park for value pricing...and everything else, for that matter.

New details about the transformed castle at Hong Kong Disneyland along with the Frozen expansion were released today at the D23 Expo Disney Parks, Experiences and Products presentation!

hkdl23094802934802394fi.thumb.jpg.fd9267006b0977370711cbdec424173d.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/08/hong-kong-disneyland-transformation-includes-castle-of-magical-dreams-new-frozen-area-with-coaster-frozen-ever-after-attraction/

As part of its multi-year transformation, Hong Kong Disneyland’s iconic castle is becoming Castle of Magical Dreams. In addition, two exciting attractions are coming to a new, immersive “Frozen”-themed area at the resort!

Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Bob Chapek shared several new updates on the ongoing expansion of Hong Kong Disneyland at D23 Expo 2019, including a spectacular first look at the transformed castle.

Castle of Magical Dreams will stand as a shining beacon of courage, hope and possibility, draws inspiration from 13 beloved Disney stories featuring princesses and heroines. The structure will feature adornments like Snow White’s apple, Cinderella’s coach and Belle’s rose as well as original artwork and sculptures.

And the castle will become a canvas for new entertainment, including a daytime show and nighttime spectacular and be home to a new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

hkdl2309498749583709283423.thumb.jpg.4cd7340bc8d926a5b4d86171a8e2dd2e.jpg

Also at Hong Kong Disneyland, guests will be able to experience the world of “Frozen” like never before – enjoying its sights, sounds, cuisines and traditions. The new “Frozen” area will feature a one-of-a-kind coaster called Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs that will take guests on a winding journey through Arendelle. Each experience on Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs begins when you visit Oaken’s infamous store. Then, Olaf and Sven help pull your sled to the top of the lift before sending you on your way.

Frozen Ever After – the popular attraction at Epcot – will also be opening in the Resort’s new “Frozen” area. Frozen Ever After takes guests on an adventurous journey through the kingdom of Arendelle. And during visits, guests will have the chance to see Elsa create a beautiful “winter-in-summer” day.

Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for more updates from Hong Kong Disneyland.

• 4 weeks later...

Hong Kong Main Street Gazette ( http://www.wonderland912.com ) has recently posted the ongoing transformation of the "itty bitty castle" into one Gi-Normous Structure! Here are a few of their posted photos. Thank you HKMSG.

Heh, this castle at HKDL will become "The Little Castle That Grew, and Grew......and GREW!" IMhO

Castle17.png.f3bf1b467de7421fa280e5ab4e1ed83a.png

Castle18.png.fefe0c3a5401243fa4fb727d9768c523.png

Castle19.png.e71a63d2cd9fb705d286b90c3ef20887.png

CNN has in it's travel section, a very interesting story regarding how deserted HK Disneyland is right now, due to all the Travel Warnings to the Country.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/hong-kong-disneyland-demonstrations-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

the story is not telling us anything surprising, but the pictures in the story are pretty amazing (here's a few of em):

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F190917150630-13-disneyland-tourism-hong-kong.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F190917150455-05-disneyland-tourism-hong-kong.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F190917150518-07-disneyland-tourism-hong-kong.jpg