California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

P. 1176: Cedar Fair complete park land purchase!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterlvr » Sat May 26, 2018 4:39 pm

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:
I must say, though, CGA employees are really dumb when it comes to Platinum passes. Maybe they just don't see them enough? The girl at Goldstriker was super confused both times I went to get FunPix. My first ride I ended up having to use the kiosk because she had no idea what to do. Second time she said she scanned my pass correctly and obviously didn't because I didn't get that photo. Manager at the season pass center was also dumb. I showed him my pass uploaded on the KI app and he said, "You'll have to go to Kings Island to get a new pass." I told him my Platinum was actually renewed at Cedar Point but it didn't matter. He said if he gave me a new pass it would say, "California's Great America" on it and I wouldn't be able to get into the other parks. Um...what? Also, has it always costed $15 for a replacement? I paid my f*&$#@ arm and leg to buy this pass in the first place, and they're going to charge me for a new card? :roll:

when i added funpix this year, they gave me a new card with the qr code instead of the old bar code. i heard others having their cards replaced with the drink plan. not sure if that had something to do with your photos not working or not. i did get my new card at the same park i bought it at though, knott's.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Sat May 26, 2018 5:02 pm

Has no opening date for RailBlazer been announced yet?
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BiggestBear » Sat May 26, 2018 5:26 pm

AdventuresinAirtime wrote:Has no opening date for RailBlazer been announced yet?

None, but it actually looks like it might be opening today, right now. Webcams show them testing and I saw some employees standing in front of the photo booth.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby jazzimm » Sat May 26, 2018 6:14 pm

jtaudioacc wrote:
RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:
I must say, though, CGA employees are really dumb when it comes to Platinum passes. Maybe they just don't see them enough? The girl at Goldstriker was super confused both times I went to get FunPix. My first ride I ended up having to use the kiosk because she had no idea what to do. Second time she said she scanned my pass correctly and obviously didn't because I didn't get that photo. Manager at the season pass center was also dumb. I showed him my pass uploaded on the KI app and he said, "You'll have to go to Kings Island to get a new pass." I told him my Platinum was actually renewed at Cedar Point but it didn't matter. He said if he gave me a new pass it would say, "California's Great America" on it and I wouldn't be able to get into the other parks. Um...what? Also, has it always costed $15 for a replacement? I paid my f*&$#@ arm and leg to buy this pass in the first place, and they're going to charge me for a new card? :roll:

when i added funpix this year, they gave me a new card with the qr code instead of the old bar code. i heard others having their cards replaced with the drink plan. not sure if that had something to do with your photos not working or not. i did get my new card at the same park i bought it at though, knott's.

Honestly I had the some issues with my Platinum Pass at CGA last year. They seemed very poorly trained. I remember hoping that I just got someone who wasn't fully trained yet, but maybe it's a much bigger problem there lol...

I bought my pass online through the CW web site, actually had my photo taken and got my pass at Knotts, and then went to use it again at CGA and the girl looked at me like I had two heads lol. It ended up being fine once she called a manager over, but I have no idea what could have been so confusing about a Platinum Pass!
Meow!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coastermandan » Sat May 26, 2018 9:55 pm

I was at the park this evening. Railblazer was tested, but never opened. I am only in town until tomorrow, but I will be visiting the park again. I'll let you all know if it opens!
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/63d0f7eaeb1e0a92644913a65c2da17f.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:59 am

Would the park just suddenly open the ride without announcing a date? Didn't they announce a date in advance for Patriot? What about Gold Striker?

I'll be here in late July, so as long as it's open by then! lol
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:43 am

^as a another user previously mentioned, before Goldstriker opened “officially” they soft-opened to those of us who were at the park that day. Then they ran the promo shoot that anyone could be a part of. THEN they did their opening ceremony.
Fun fact: I got to be on the train that ran during the ceremony. There were fireworks going off along the lift as we went up. Probably one of those “once-in-a-lifetime” moments.
jtaudioacc wrote:
RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:

Yes, that’s why I initially had gotten a new one at KD, they were trading my card for the one with the QR code. Now, I believe all new passes (or at least Platinums) have them.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coastermandan » Sun May 27, 2018 3:12 pm

Stopped by the park today for a few hours before I had to drive back to Los Angeles. I was in the park for 4 hours and in that time, Railblazer was not running, nor testing.

There were some workers doing stuff to the trains themselves in the station, but wasn't able ride this visit ☹. Hopefully next visit, I'll report some better news!
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/63d0f7eaeb1e0a92644913a65c2da17f.jpg[/img][/url]

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby edgeboy » Sun May 27, 2018 5:26 pm

^Ugh, they really should at least announce a date. I'm trying to plan a trip up there in about 2 weeks with the purpose of getting on Railblazer. But now I don't know if I should put all that travel on hold. Very frustrating... >.<

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coastermandan » Sun May 27, 2018 7:37 pm

I'm open!
Just kidding.
I'm open!
Just kidding.
Now!
Just kidding.
Right now!
Just kidding.
NOW!
Stop.

[ Play Quicktime file ]
VID_20180526_174153.mp4 [ 2.19 MiB | Viewed 1175 times ]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!