Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 221: RWS Entertainment Group audition tour announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby NightHawk » Sat May 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Latest official pictures from Europa-Parks twitter account show the netherlands area seems to be mostly ok.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sat May 26, 2018 1:25 pm

250 members of the emergency service are still on site. Looks like there is still a lot of dampening down to be done judging by the orange glow in the first picture.
DeJg62WWkAYufe-.jpg
Image: Europa Park
DeJg7QCWkAEWIZv.jpg
Image: Europa Park

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat May 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Europa is a great park (the best in Europe), and I'm very sorry to read this news. I always liked Pirates of Batavia, too.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Sat May 26, 2018 1:34 pm

Update from the park's Facebook page:

UPDATE: Unfortunately the attraction 'Piraten in Batavia' and the Scandinavian themed area must be considered lost. The rest of the rides/areas do not seem to be affected.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. iSpeed - Mirabilandia

Coasters: 291 || Parks: 55

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat May 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Here is a video of the ride that we shot last September for those of you wondering what the ride was like:

I have to be honest, my "hot take" (no pun intended) on this is the following:

If there is a "silver lining" to this disaster (and trust me, it sucks. I hate to see anything like this happen to one of my all-time favorite parks) I have a feeling that Europa Park will waste no time in clearing that area and re-building such a classic popular attraction. I'm hopeful that they re-build it using some very current technology, and while it's always a shame to see beloved rides be lost, I have to be honest, if something happened to, let's say Pirates of the Caribbean at either Disneyland or Walt Disney World and after the fact they said "This is a huge bummer, but we are going to replace it with the more updated Shanghai Disneyland version of the attraction" you wouldn't see me shed a tear.

So we just have to hope that, as the saying goes, "things are going to get worse before they get better" that this is the worst case scenario that breathes new life into an absoultely amazing future attraction!

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sat May 26, 2018 2:03 pm

^ And on top of that, if it does happen, that means no more need to go to Shanghai Disneyland!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Sat May 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Another update from the park's Facebook:

Latest News: The fire appears to have originated in a warehouse and then went to the attraction 'Pirates in Batavia'. No visitors were injured. 500 members of the emergency forces intervened, we are very grateful to them.
For the moment, we can not inform you if the park will open tomorrow or not. We will keep you informed as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your messages of support.
Last edited by JordyC on Sat May 26, 2018 2:30 pm.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. iSpeed - Mirabilandia

Coasters: 291 || Parks: 55

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Sat May 26, 2018 2:27 pm

I say stay closed tomorrow, just clean up and close of the section Monday there is another day.
BTW just saw a picture of Fjord Rafting when it goes behind the Piraten building before and after the fire. That truly hit hard.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby djcoaster » Sat May 26, 2018 2:31 pm

EP Twitter said fire started in a warehouse.

Opening to the public tomorrow will be discussed this night.

I'm wondering if the investigation will conclude that all attractions must be checked the same way, even if the park will do it without doubt.

That's not the first fire in park history: can someone tell us the "procedure" and conclusions in other cases ?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat May 26, 2018 3:50 pm

Glad to read nobody was injured or worse. Thoughts go out to Europa and the staff/owners for a "speedy recovery."
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!