Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4652: Details of new additions coming for the 2019 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby chknwing » Wed May 23, 2018 5:29 pm

I just got back from a trip to Cedar Point this past weekend. Stayed at Breakers which is pretty dam good after the remodel. I haven't been to Cedar Point since Gate Keeper opened. Steel Vengeance was an amazing ride. Worth the 9 hour drive from Charlotte. They were only running 1 train. Could not use Fast pass and they were telling people the wait was 3 hours. it was not. We did turn away at first but said fudge it, we drove here for this. The wait ended up only being a little more than hour. We had a good time. Cedar Point has to try to figure out their maintenance nightmare. It seemed like every ride was going down every 30 mins or so. Was ridiculous. Even the B&M's were going down. Wasn't very windy so I dunno. It's time to close that Market Buffet. The food gets worse with each visit. Thank God for Thirsty Pony. Love that place. Definitely a one of a kind.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed May 23, 2018 6:27 pm

Snovi wrote:...Hopefully RMC can figure out what's going on with these newer trains and their restraint cylinders before a serious incident occurs.

Aren't the seatbelts there to prevent "a serious incident" in the unlikely event of a complete restraint failure??
Bigger is not always better.

Postby coasterbill » Wed May 23, 2018 6:42 pm

^^ People love Midway Market. I’ve been preaching about how much it sucked for years but I was starting to think it was just me. :lol:

Midway Market is honestly the most efficient and brilliant setup for a buffet that I’ve ever seen at a theme park. It backs up to the picnic area so the kitchen is already there, they just charge people a ton of money to eat the horrible picnic area food that they’re already cooking in that kitchen anyway and people happily pay for it in droves.

I respect the concept of Midway Market but it’s awful food. Midway Market will never die though, the kitchen already needs to be there and people keep eating there. I guess it’s an improvement over Coasters Drive In. :lol:

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Stealth1 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:51 pm

I've never eaten at the Midway Market. What I am surprised with is that I would have thought Melt would be more popular but of all the times I have been the last 2 years I have never seen a wait

Postby bert425 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:00 pm

we ate at Midway Market when we went for CoasterMania! last year, and it was ok.

actually, I'd rate it as slightly better than OK: For the price, and options variety-wise? it was a good deal, and most of what I tried was from decent to so-so, nothing so awful I spit it out.

it was perfectly serviceable "bad" buffet food.. but I like crappy buffets, so I was happy.

yep, nothing stellar, but nothing terrible either.
IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1948.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed May 23, 2018 7:05 pm

^ Me, and I think that was my first course...the salad plate. :smile: Like Bert said, it was okay. Nothing to go back to, if I did go back to the park.
I remember the dessert area being really nice with hot and cold fruit compotes, etc. Very yummy! But now that it's been open for a year, I think I'd rather go to MELT and eat and drink there, for an afternoon meal. But - MM is good for families trying to budget them self a bit, here and there.
IMG_3826.JPG
What it looked like, before I demolished it, lol. June 3, 2017.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby El Toro_Ryan » Thu May 24, 2018 10:00 am

RMC seems to have made some major updates to Steel Vengeance's Final Brake Run! Hopefully we'll have two train operations back shortly!
Last edited by El Toro_Ryan on Fri May 25, 2018 2:20 pm.
#ThroughputAddict (I need rehab). YOUTUBE PAGE: http://www.youtube.com/c/ElToroRyan

2014: El Toro Team Member
2015: Kingda Ka Team Member
2016: El Toro Unit Supervisor
2017: El Toro Unit Supervisor (Month of April) and Random Team Member when I felt like working (August thru December)
2018: Millennium Force Ride Host (Halloweekends)

Credit Count: 373

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Snovi » Thu May 24, 2018 10:28 am

El Toro_Ryan wrote:RMC seems to have made some major updates to Steel Vengeance's Final Brake Run! Hopefully we'll have two train operations back shortly! (If I had to guess, this is probably how trains were supposed to slow down on the final brake run all along.)

Great video! It's impressive to see how many changes they've implemented on the final brake run. It really is a night and day difference.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby la2lvtom » Thu May 24, 2018 11:54 am

Saw these today at Steel Vengeance, dont know if they are new or old but that pallet was not there yesterday. Also as we were leaving today driving on the outer road from hotel Breakers at around 2:15 there were a bunch of work trucks outside of Steel Vengeance by the lift hill and i saw 5 people, 3 with faded dayglo green Rocky Mountain shirts and the other 2 had blue Cedar Point shirts. Hopefully this means 3 train operation for the holiday weekend.
20180524_105904.jpg
20180524_135539.jpg
Top 5 steel : 1. Nemesis (Alton Towers), 2. Millenium Force (Cedar Point), 3. Flying Dinosaur (Universal Studios Japan), 4. Incredible Hulk (IOA), 5. Parrot Coaster (Chimelong Ocean Kingdom)

Top 5 wood : 1. the Beast (Kings Island), 2. Wood Coaster (Knights Valley, Shenzhen China), 3. El Toro (Six Flags Great Adventure), 4. the Voyage (Holiday World) 5. Ghostrider (Knott's Berry Farm)

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby CP Maverick » Thu May 24, 2018 12:53 pm

la2lvtom wrote: Hopefully this means 3 train operation for the holiday weekend.

I'd like to see them get back to 2 trains without incident first. This ride is full of little headaches.
Original Maverick '99

PreviousNext