TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

By the way went to the park yesterday and the predator gave the most smooth ride i have ever felt on that thing. i got off and didn't need a back doctor so that was nice! and they were testing tantrum like 5 to 6 times an hour so that was also pretty cool to see

That’s amazing, they must have done A LOT of track work to that thing. Maybe I will go on it again on Saturday, for the first time in 2 years!

Now THAT would be a great fit for the park! And it would probably fit in Boomerang’s plot of land.

Even if it doesn't, they could extend it out into the lake, so you're launching over water and it could have the lake monster theme.

That would be pretty cool! DL needs a thrilling launch coaster.

By the way, here is a cool video I found on YouTube of Tantrum testing. It seems to have a pretty fast lift! Maybe all Gerstlauers are like that, I don’t know too much about them. Anyways, in case anyone was interested in seeing it, follow the link below:

^ Yes, but they hung that up before the contest was announced, so maybe it's behind schedule, or they're gonna do a soft opening on Memorial Day, then the grand opening is on the 1st.

Also, my dad is a mailman, and one of his co-workers told him she had friends who are electrical engineers or something like that and they said the ride passed inspection.

Good to hear that it passed inspection, also, was the back row on Ride of Steel open again? Last time I was there, the entire back car on RoS’s train was blocked off.

By the way, here is a cool video I found on YouTube of Tantrum testing. It seems to have a pretty fast lift! Maybe all Gerstlauers are like that, I don’t know too much about them. Anyways, in case anyone was interested in seeing it, follow the link below:

That's as fast as Iron Shark's lift. I was impressed by how good Iron Shark was despite the compact layout, so this should be a nice addition for Darien.

That's as fast as Iron Shark's lift. I was impressed by how good Iron Shark was despite the compact layout, so this should be a nice addition for Darien.

How good is the drop? Is it comparable to Maverick at Cedar Point?

How good is the drop? Is it comparable to Maverick at Cedar Point?

It doesn't have the same whip as Maverick since it's a single car but it does have really strong air.

Congrats... you guys are a Six Flags park again.

Source: http://investors.sixflags.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2018/05-22-2018-210951050

This strategy SF has be pursuing lately is pretty smart from a business stand point. By simply leasing the park and not owning, it requires less up front capital, as well as an easier route out if required.

This is great news for this park. This isn’t something I would say often but I feel like Six Flags could really come in and class up the joint.

I feel like this news is likely to bring pages and pages of speculation about new coasters, additional trains being added to rides and repaints and honestly I don’t really see any of that happening unless they come along with marketable “re-branding” of rides.

I would expect this park to receive small upgrades each year but that might actually be an improvement in a sense. That said, I think the best things to come out of this news will be the fact that you no longer need separate season passes for Six Flags and Darien Lake and the park will surely see some new seasonal events.

I don’t know how much this will really change things, but a few things do come to mind:

- I feel like they’ll put the Six Flags name on this park. I don’t know if that’s true at Frontier City but I’ll be interested to see.

- Fright Fest is a given. The fact that the park doesn’t do a Halloween event is asinine on an almost unimaginable level and Six Flags will hop on that gravy train ASAP.

- If they rebrand the kids area then that’s wonderful but they need to take a page out of the Nickelodeon Universe playbook. There are rare times in life that you come across such perfection, such brilliance that even if it doesn’t fit in you need to leave it alone as not to disturb the perfection. Nickelodeon Universe did this with Log Chute. When it comes to Loony Toons bullsh*t, bring it on but they had better not lay a finger on Moose on the Loose. I will lose my sh*t.

- I feel like this is probably the end of Tim Horton’s so I’ll be sure to stock up before and after visiting the park.

- Rolling Thunder is totally going to be a “coaster” now and I for one can’t wait to watch everyone b*tch about it.

- Speaking of seasonal events: their insanity knows no bounds. If they can do it in Chicago, they can do it in Buffalo. Don’t think they won’t...

- They’re not going to RMC it. Stop it. Stop... no, stop.

Wowwww...this is really interesting.

In addition to coasterbill's speculation, I wonder if they will rebrand Ride Of Steel back to Superman? Heck, I think that you could still see the shadow of the name and his outline on the signage for many years after they sold the park.

So will DL along with the other parks be in their announcement videos of getting attractions every year? Like are they now going to be Six Flags, or just owned by Six Flags?

I'm betting they will be Six Flags parks again, so they will end up in the announcement videos every year.

So people are excited that SF is buying the park but yet all the old posts have people bashing SF for ruioning the park. Makes sense

Six Flags is not buying this park.

Six Flags EntertainmentCorporation (NYSE:SIX), the world’s largest regional theme park company, today announced it has entered into a purchase agreement with affiliates of Premier Parks, LLC to acquire the lease rights to operate five parks owned by EPR Properties (NYSE:EPR).

Remember...this used to be a six flags park not too many years ago.

Btw...is that standup coaster still rotting in a field across the street from the park?

Yes it is and it will definitely not be rebuilt, it was damaged while they were taking it apart in AstroWorld if anything SF will scrap that hunk of junk. Also IMO good news SF is back in control again, I can definitely see them bringing two trains back for most rides and the retheme of many such as ROS being rethemed back to Superman and the potential that Mind Eraser will get new trains and become the Riddler like they did with the one at SFNE.

Remember...this used to be a six flags park not too many years ago.

Btw...is that standup coaster still rotting in a field across the street from the park?

Yes it is and it will definitely not be rebuilt, it was damaged while they were taking it apart in AstroWorld if anything SF will scrap that hunk of junk. Also IMO good news SF is back in control again, I can definitely see them bringing two trains back for most rides and the retheme of many such as ROS being rethemed back to Superman and the potential that Mind Eraser will get new trains and become the Riddler like they did with the one at SFNE.

If they are just operating the park I don't think they have the right to use the the DC comics.