TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I also tried Chickie's and Pete's...and the fries I don't think were the real thing (just regular cut fries with a little seasoning rather than the crinkle cut ones we got at Dorney one time).

Oh no! I hope this is only temporary (maybe they ran out for the weekend?) because every time I've eaten Chickie & Pete's at CP in the past they've had those delicious crinkle-cut fries!

Is I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool still running one train? Anyone have an update on this?
As of yesterday it was only running one train.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Is I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool still running one train? Anyone have an update on this?

since we know the park doesn't care for the "name". . just shorten to "SV"

I think it's pretty awesome that Steel Vengeance's line has stayed consistently between 1-2 hours with only one train, even on weekends. It just hypes me up for when they will be running all three trains! I hope they solve the issue quickly, I've been delaying my trip until they can reliably run the ride with more than one train & until Steel Vengeance is added back to FLP.

Is I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool and pretend I'm being cool still running one train? Anyone have an update on this?

That's hilarious... Had no idea my post would be edited like that. Enthusiasts are ruthless! Anyway thanks everyone for the update

It is still runing one train and they ran it without row 10 for the last 3 hours. So they were getting 22 riders per train.

Is I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool and pretend I'm being cool and pretend I'm being cool still running one train? Anyone have an update on this?

That's hilarious... Had no idea my post would be edited like that. Enthusiasts are ruthless! Anyway thanks everyone for the update

They're word filters, and yes they are responsible for the breakup of the marriage of S teven and M aggie L ocker.

Edited by ytterbiumanalyst

They're word filters, and they are responsible for the breakup of the marriage of S teven and M aggie L ocker...

^ Well, that's what you say....

By the by....S & M L-cker? Sounds kinky to moi.

Felt like today was just as busy as Sunday if not more. Millennium Force actually had a 30-40 minute wait. All in all it was a good day got 18 rides in despite experiencing 2 dragster breakdowns. Highlights included 4 rides on Gatekepper, 3 on Maverick and steel vengeance, 2 on dragster and magnum and 1 on Millennium Force and Valravn. Got the front row of the second train out during early ride time. Waited 2 hours due to a 30+ minute ride breakdown, and just under 60 minutes for the last ride. I have the last day at the park on Tuesday. Hopefully the weather is all right. SV ran in a drizzle, light rain today. Also have the ERT for SV in Tuesday night

When I went to the park with I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool, he put his stuff in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo before riding YOLOcoaster.

When I went to the park with Stephen, he put his stuff in a lcoker before riding FullTh rottle.

tenor.gif

First off: I LOVE that word filter for the "meh" nickname for Steel Vengeance! Well done!

Secondly, I'm heading out to CP again today, but for a very different experience than normal. I'm taking my youngest child, who is 4, for the very first time, and am looking forward to him experiencing The Point, and hopefully loving it! Obviously, this means most of my day will be spent in Kiddie Kingdom, with some potential forays into Planet Snoopy, and Camp Snoopy! I think I may actually go see what Dinos Alive is about for the first time ever too! I am bringing my daughter as well, to help out, and hopefully the weather isn't too crappy (afternoon thunderstorms currently predicted), but even so, it's not like I'm going to be there for the coasters today anyway...

Having said that, I'm looking forward to SV ERT tonight after park close, and hope I can another couple of rides on that amazing creation!

As for the aforementioned comments about Magnum, I actually think it's one of the MOST overrated coasters there is - specifically by coaster enthusiasts! I have yet to go to CP with any non-enthusiasts (which is 95% of the people I go with) who think it's better than MF, Maverick, or even Valravn or GateKeeper. I also have it well below those. When we went this past week, we didn't even ride it, because with the flow of how we were hitting the park, it just wasn't important enough to my kids (who have all ridden it) to bother making the extra walking, or missing out on another Maverick ride. Now, I'm not saying it's a trash coaster, and certainly nobody who likes it best is crazy (well, maybe if they like it more than SV! lol), but I would never consider it underrated, personally. If it wasn't so crucially important in the history of roller coasters, or at Cedar Point, I suspect it wouldn't be remotely as "popular" among enthusiasts as it is.

Curious...Does Wicked Twister have a row or seat for larger guests? Going to Cedar Point this weekend. Last time I visited was 2 years ago. I took the walk of shame on that ride last time and since then have lost some weight. I would like to try it again...it seems it's the only ride at CP that has rejected me. However, I did get to ride it in 2013, but would like to ride it again.

Curious...Does Wicked Twister have a row or seat for larger guests? Going to Cedar Point this weekend. Last time I visited was 2 years ago. I took the walk of shame on that ride last time and since then have lost some weight. I would like to try it again...it seems it's the only ride at CP that has rejected me. However, I did get to ride it in 2013, but would like to ride it again.

I do not believe so. And there are tales the seatbelts are even shorter this season (but I think that tale circulates every season).

I do not believe so. And there are tales the seatbelts are even shorter this season (but I think that tale circulates every season).

It actually doesn’t shock me if it was. I am a 6’1 175 lb high school athlete and the seat belt was almost too short for me yesterday... I would consider myself to be fit and at a normal body weight. Don’t feel bad if you don’t make it because the ride isn’t that good anyway.