TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

happy-clark-kent-smile-satisfied-nod-gif-5252174

To get the full effect Valleyfair management flew in some Eagles fans so they could bully kids in line and then beat them up in parking lot on the way out.

Did they complete the effect by having a collection of crybaby Vikings fans who haven't come to terms with the fact they lost yet?

So it did open already, cool!

Any Prince music in the queue?

Yes it did open and unfortunately no. There is no Prince specific music playing while waiting in the queue line. Just the normal music for the Route 76 area which is usually a 70's themed list of tunes.

Did they complete the effect by having a collection of crybaby Vikings fans who haven't come to terms with the fact they lost yet?

Are you serious? Viking fans don't cry anymore. After four Superbowl losses while also losing our last four NFC Conference Championships were used to it. Were just not used to getting physically assaulted in the parking lot. The worst we usually encounter is when the Green Bay fans always moon the team bus as it leaves town after a game.

Anyone know when the area schools start and stop going to valleyfair for their end of the school year trips? I've been there in previous years on June 5th and 10th and in both cases the park was dead except for a bazillion buss loads of teens. I'm going to be in the area on June 2nd and wondering if Fri June 1st will be school kid day. If it is, I might be better off just doing Saturday the 2nd.
both days will be pretty pack but I would say Saturday is your best bet.

Anyone here have direct knowledge of the schedule for area school trips to Valleyfair? I'm assuming Fri June 1st will be one of the days that area schools bring tons of busloads of kids/teens in. I'm still teetering on going Fri vs. Saturday. I normally never go on Saturday but early season should help.

^ School for MN children lets out the second week of June (depends on the day for each individual school). So you still might get some buses of kids but remember that those buses usually leave between 4-6 pm so they are not there all day. This early in the season you should be fine on either day. After June 15th is when it starts to get crowded on any given day.

I go to the park every day I have the fast Lane season pass I spent two hours each day with the fast lane and it’s nice to have during the school days it can get crowded at times. I would suggest making a investment in buying the fast lane it’s worth it during the school days.

May and Early June weekdays are actually relatively busy with 30 minute waits (maybe 45 if it’s particularly busy) for some of the major rides most of the morning. It should get a bit less crowded around 3pm or so when the school groups leave, but overall I wouldn’t say Fast Lane is a necessity unless your time is limited or you want to marathon rides.

^

Mad Mouse closes for any rain, and High Roller might close in a heavy downpour, all the other coasters should stay open. As for flat rides, Northern Lights, Delirious, Wheel of Fortune, and Looping Starship I know for sure will close for rain, though there may be a few more.

I’ll be sure to make the mouse a priority.

You should anyway, it's a good ride and low capacity like mice usually are. Have fun, you'll like Valleyfair. Word of caution: They will not let you get beer for Brit. Both of you will have to go to the bar, present your IDs, and then answer quiz questions about the ID. It's weird, but it's a Minnesota thing. Happened to us everywhere up there.

Rode Delirious for the first time this morning, it’s pretty much what I expected. A slightly more intense version of Looping Starship with better restraints, and overall an enjoyable ride. It looks great in Route 76 and has a sweet lighting package.

What’s the park’s rain policy? Do they generally run everything?

As long as the new purple roller coaster runs I think you're good.

I was at the park Wednesday, May 16 and had a great day. We arrived a little after 11 and were done by 3. Everything was a walk on for most of the day. Delirius was closed every time I saw it, but I did get my first rides on North Star.

Rides for the day:

Wild Thing- 4

X’treme Swing- 3

Power Tower (drop side)- 2

High Roller- 1

Renegade- 2

Excalibur- 1

North Star- 2

Steel Venom- 1

Northern Lights- 2

Pretty good day considering I got 18 rides in less than 4 hours.

Hey guys! I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all of the great tips. We had a great time at the park yesterday! Special thanks to RCjunkie for coming out and hanging with us for a bit too!

I’ll have a full report eventually, but we really liked this place. Wild Thing in the front car is a blast. That was definately the highlight for us. That second hill has floater air that seems to go on for days.

I rode Excalibur earlier today and I did notice some substantial land clearing/trees knocked down just north of the ride. Not going to say it means imminent removal but it looks like something to keep an eye on.