TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

What I mean is by loosely is many employees have been stating that there might be a new coaster for 2019 but I don't know for sure, this was a reddit user on 2019 predictions for cedar fair who said this. Idk.

There have been mumblings, but zero concrete evidence pointing towards a new roller coaster in 2019. I’ll jump on the hype train once we have some land clearing.

Now, onto new attractions that have been ACTUALLY confirmed, Timber Wolf is having a season passholder preview event on May 18th, a week before the ride was scheduled to open. I’m glad they’re holding a Hoedown-esque event for the ride, even if it’s not entirely new.

And in even better news, there’s new topiaries heading into the park! Credit for the first photo goes to KCTV5 News, and the second was taken by Matthew August Myers for worldsoffun.org.

7238149C-97AC-4C2B-97E6-02E8C8FE8C56.thumb.jpeg.7399763511c4fea1cb74d30015173b45.jpeg

822F8D7C-8E11-4EB3-A860-307FF9E3D20F.thumb.jpeg.464e40266da513000dc96aa652f9c5ba.jpeg

I kinda think that Kanonen might go to WoF rather than Dorney. Worlds of Fun needs a launch coaster more than anything. Dorney already has a launched coaster. I personally would rather see something like a launched B&M Wing but I think there is a serious chance of WoF getting Kanonen. Also 2019 will be 10 years since they have gotten a new coaster.

I kinda think that Kanonen might go to WoF rather than Dorney. Worlds of Fun needs a launch coaster more than anything. Dorney already has a launched coaster. I personally would rather see something like a launched B&M Wing but I think there is a serious chance of WoF getting Kanonen. Also 2019 will be 10 years since they have gotten a new coaster.

Hey, Stinger was Dorney's third inverted and second shuttle coaster when it was relocated to them.

The only thing that makes me a tad skeptical about the “2019 Rumors” is the fact there are not any known signs of land markers, land prep, city permits filed, etc. Just makes me wonder if the heresay rumors of 2019 being a “big” year for the park are true, the missing components should have started to show some sort of life by now.

I got one ride in on Timberwolf today. I’m not sure why it seemed so much better

than last time I rode. I’m not talking about the overbanked turn either. I had at least 3 airtime out of

the seat moments, which is impressive, last time I rode I had zero. I barely fit in the seat weighing 230 at 5 “10.

I sat down and had to wedge myself in, but still had out of my seat airtime.

Hoping they can finish the rest of it next year. It really did feel reborn, but I also had my expectations very low.

So it was nice to be surprised. The pacing is almost perfect now, I sat second train from the back

Glad to hear the positive reviews of Timber Wolf. The coaster really does appear to have a nice layout, so I'm glad they fixed what they had instead of immediately going the RMC route. Granted I wouldn't have complained if they had done that though...