Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 179: "Rivers of Light: We Are One" updated show announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thr

Postby DorneyKid14 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:03 am

robbalvey wrote:
DorneyKid14 wrote:Awesome report Robb! Not sure how i feel with Chip and Dale getting new outfits as they are my favorite... Hopefully the outfits grow on me.

Remember though, at Walt Disney World they have all kinds of special "themed costumes" in certain areas. You'll be able to find them in their normal costumes still in the other parks.

Oh yes very true!
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:49 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:Great report! What a special way for Animal Kingdom to celebrate the anniversary and Earth Day. Expedition Everest looks like a such a fun ride with so many details to take in. Joe Rohde is so well spoken he could talk about rocks or dust on a DVD and I'd be just as locked in as if he's talking about something Disney related. :mickey:

Riding Expedition Everest at night is so much fun, it's nearly a different ride. The Broken Yeti stands our more, the dark sections are pitch black.

If Animal Kingdom could score some Pandas........

I wonder what's next for Animal Kingdom?

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:41 pm

Naked Mole Rats are the greatest animal evah! :lover:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:44 am

Great report! It really is amazing that the park is 20 years old!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon May 14, 2018 3:13 pm

Believe it or not, we're planning to get to this park in 2024! Probably mid-Nov.
Also EPCOT, and only these two parks for this visit. It's all we can afford,
in the future. We know about EPCOT's future a lot. But it makes me curious
how the next six years are going to go, for DAK....

Can't wait! :mickey: (And if it is posted what they are planning for DAK, in past pages...I'm saying it's my AGE, and that's my excuse.)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:47 pm

omg - OhMyDisney just posted information for a one night "GLamping" experience contest.
....i.e.camping under the illuminating, floating rocks! :smile:

And the photo they've sent along is amaaaaaaaa-zingly beeeeeyutiful! Really gorgeous IMhO.
I wonder if the colours change and go through a "lighting package" of some kind? <g>

Here's the link to more information about the contest... http://parks.disney.com/d-camp-contest
pandora-glamping.jpeg

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby CoasterInk » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:51 pm

^WOW!! Looks like an incredible experience (and photograph too!) I wonder if you get to ride Flight of Pandora at your leisure :b

(Must be odd to sleep by yourself under a bunch of floating mountains with an eerily empty park though)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:29 pm

^ I believe it's for a "family of four" or some number like that. Definitely not solo. :mickey:

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby DarienPoint » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:49 pm

Recently I went on a Disney Trip because my school was apart of Candlelight Processional! I vlogged everyday cause we went to every park (excluding the water parks, and Magic Kingdom's footage I lost.)

ANIMAL KINGDOM VLOG : https://www.facebook.com/asher.raymond2/videos/vb.100000022571334/2204275416249856/?type=3
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 74 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Kingda Ka | 5. El Toro | 6. Rougarou | 7. Maverick | 8. Bizzaro | 9. Top Thrill Dragster | 10. Ride of Steel

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:58 pm

So, work is taking me to a conference in Orlando next month and I wanted to take advantage of the "after hours" (NOT extra magic hours) event at Animal Kingdom as my one Disney splurge that I can take part of in the evening after the conference. I am NOT able to do any of the Disney parks during the day. This is also going to be a SOLO trip.

I used to live in Orlando with annual passes, but I haven't been back in a few years and I have NOT seen the Avatar Land and know nothing about the rides or attractions there. (No spoilers :))

Does anyone have any tips or advice for this event?

Is it worth watching the night time show (I've never seen it) or would that time be better occupied doing rides over and over?

How early does the Safari typically close? They allow the after hours guests into the park before the event officially starts, but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to squeeze a ride on it for my first stop of the evening.

I've read a few reviews and some say that right when the event "starts" you are funneled into the fastpass lines because there can still be lines at the Avatar attraction(s?) so you still get to jump the regular queue but there will be a longer wait than just waiting a little later in the night when the regular guests clear out. Otherwise lines should hopefully be non existent... at least they used to be back when these reviews were published.

I also know to load up on free popcorn, ice cream, and soda.

Does anyone know how transportation works at Animal Kingdom after the event is over? Do busses still go to Disney Springs?

I'm likely NOT going to have a car and I'm not sure where my hotel will be just yet, but I'm assuming at the very least Disney Springs will have taxis, busses, shuttles, Uber, Lyft (which by the way I have NEVER used, so I can probably get promotional credit too provided they are out there late at night) etc late at night provided I can get there from Animal Kingdom. Anyone happen to know what transportation exists, if any, at Animal Kingdom for the event, or should I attempt calling Disney? I won't be staying at a Disney Hotel so either way I'm going to need some sort of transportation to my unknown hotel. Any advice there about the best way to get out of the Disney universe?

Any fun things to do myself at Disney Springs after the park?

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: looks like Disney Springs is only open until midnight so I guess going there after the park wouldn't work after all.
Last edited by anonymouscactus on Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:52 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!