Movie Park Germany Discussion Thread

P. 35: Mystery River to get a completely new theme
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Movie Park Germany Discussion Thread

Postby viking86 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:32 am

I would love to see a ride themed to The Neverending Story. I loved that movie as a kid, and just seeing it mentioned here brings back memories.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby BonnyST » Sat May 05, 2018 8:49 am

Take a first look to this new and realy good themed attraction "Excalibur - Secrets of the Dark Forest" aka Mystery River.
The attraction opens formal on monday 7th may. Check out our 360° experience of this Intamin Rapid River with a new look.
By the way - IMAscore new soundtrack of this attraction is a master piece :D

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Max0815 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:49 pm

Halloween Horror Festival 2018

Postby JordyC » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:08 am

Movie Park Germany announces new themed area

080119adventurebae1.jpg

Movie Park Germany is opening a new themed area this year, dedicated to the well-known animated series PAW Patrol. There are several children's attractions, including a truck ride and a playground. The themed area is called Adventure Bay.

"With new attractions, many details and interactive elements, the place from the Nickelodeon TV series is being brought to life", says the German movie park. The opening takes place in the spring. Adventure Bay will be located in the existing Nickland park section, between a snack restaurant and the entrance to the Excalibur rapids ride.

One of the new attractions will be a convoy ride from the Italian manufacturer Zamperla. There will also be a playground with interactive elements. Furthermore, the existing children's attraction Swiper's Sweeper - based on the Dora children's series - will be moved to the new area. The ride will be called Zuma's Zoomer. The eye-catcher will be a fifteen-meter-high tower, which will serve as a meet-and-greet location.

The Dutch Leisure Expert Group is responsible for the design. Movie Park also works with Nickelodeon Experience Design from American Florida and the Spanish decoration company Rocas & Design. The area will have an area of 1800 square meters.

The Canadian-American animated series PAW Patrol has been broadcast since 2013 by children's channel Nickelodeon. The story is about a rescue team with seven heroic puppies. There are now 130 episodes made.

080119adventurebae2.jpg

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Colossos - Heide Park

Coasters: 273 || Parks: 52

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Postby JordyC » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:58 am

Big refurbishment for waterride Bermuda Triangle

140319achter1.jpg

Movie Park Germany is going to renovate the famous waterride Bermuda Triangle - Alien Encounter. The popular attraction, which has been struggling with overdue maintenance for years, is closed until June for a major makeover. The interior and the exterior are thereby tackled. The water attraction will be called Area 51 - Top Secret from next summer.

Since its opening in 1996, the Bermuda Triangle has been dominated by the infamous Bermuda Triangle in the Atlantic, where, according to stories, aliens are active. The attraction will soon revolve around the mysterious American military base Area 51, located in the Nevada desert.

Now the attraction still looks like a huge volcano. "The volcano will disappear", marketing director Manuel Prossotowicz says. "Visitors go back to the early fifties, where they discover the secret behind Area 51. The US government invites them to an open day on the military base. In this way, they want to prove that there is nothing true about rumors about supernatural life forms."

Movie Park has engaged media companies IMAscore and IMAmedia for composing a new soundtrack and installing new effects. "The concept comes from our own creative department," says Prossotowicz. The reopening is planned for the start of the summer holidays.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Colossos - Heide Park

Coasters: 273 || Parks: 52

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Dombot » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:19 pm

Cool to see the ride get some love! I have no clue why but the idea of a boat ride themed to aliens has always been really intriguing to me. It's so weird yet by some miracle it works perfectly. :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mine Blower
6. Mako 7. Alpengeist 8. Twisted Cyclone 9. Montu 10. Mindbender

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Max0815 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:30 am

Construction Report "Adventure Bay"

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:54 pm

Area 51 was open today. The sign out front said it was being soft opened.

In other news, I've confirmed no one should ever trust my opinion if a wood coaster is smooth. Bandit looked and sounded awful, but I didn't find it too bad even in the back row.

0U8UBJ9.jpg
For the normal reaction to Bandit, see the guy next to me.

But I do agree MP Express is terrible. It's bad even by SLC standards.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:05 pm

^ Ha, the guy in the bottom corner of your pic looks like he's "not quite sure" what's going on, LOL!
I did not like Bandit that much on the TPR 2008 visit. Maybe one day, I'll check it out again. Maybe.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:06 pm

It was crawling through the course. Honestly that may be a good thing with this ride.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!