TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dive loops and Immelmanns look very similar, but dive loops enter from the top of the inversion, diving into it, hence the name. Immelmanns enter from the bottom of the inversion. Fun nerd fact, the inversion is named an immelmann after a German World War I pilot who developed the maneuver for aerial combat.

I have some relatives whose last visit to SFMM was in the early '80s. When I mention that park to them, they usually ask something along the lines of, "Do they still have that roller coaster that goes upside down?"

It's funny how much of an impact Revolution had on people back then, to where that's the only thing they remember about SFMM after not visiting in 30+ years.

I was at Nickelodeon Universe earlier today and while I was riding Spongebob Rock Bottom Plunge, the person sitting next to me said “This ride hangs you over the edge like the one at Cedar Point in Iowa”.

I don't know, man. That doesn't seem as strange as a lot of other comparisons for people who don't care about the coaster community.

Hang over the edge - At least that's a better comparison than a lot of them you hear.

Cedar Point in Iowa - It's not like Ohio is that much more memorable than Iowa, outside of the coaster community.

I also think somewhere along the line there was a misconception that I cared about the difference between a dive loop and an immelmann.

You don't get it. We need to school these noobs until they can recite the 16 differences between a step up drop down twisty roll and a graviton particle loopty loop.

I don't know, man. That doesn't seem as strange as a lot of other comparisons for people who don't care about the coaster community.

Hang over the edge - At least that's a better comparison than a lot of them you hear.

Cedar Point in Iowa - It's not like Ohio is that much more memorable than Iowa, outside of the coaster community.

Having driven through both Iowa and Ohio, there's not a whole lot of difference. Maybe fewer pigs in Ohio? Also around these parts Cedar Rapids, Iowa, is way better known than Cedar Point, Ohio.

Monster's drop is pretty similar to Spongebob's if that's what he was talking about, so he wasn't necessarily wrong, but Iowa has too many cities with "Cedar" in the name. I was there a couple months for work a while back and never did get down which Cedar was which between Cedar Falls and Cedar Rapids. Although Adventureland is in Des Moines, nowhere near either, so who knows.

• 3 weeks later...
^^
Leaving more than 60 passengers upside down

Did I miss something, or does Flying Dinosaur suddenly has the longest train in the world?

Seeing three train ops on it, they usually had one train in the station, one train cycling, and one train on the final brakes waiting for the appropriate side of the station to clear. Assuming this, two trains would be outside the station in the event of an E stop, yielding 64 total people stuck somewhere on the ride.