TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Steel Vengeance Media Day - Photo & Video Report

I understand your stance. However, based off of other rides... Cough, cough... Maverick, I think we can make educated guesses". Granted, I'll end it here.

Maverick opened in 2007, well before the hype of social media and it's a completely different type of ride, different type of trains and restraints, different type of load/unload process, etc. I'm not even sure how you could compare the two.

I'm going to assume that there will be a *LOT* more people heading out for Steel Vengeance in the first couple of weeks of early morning ERT than there were for Maverick. I stand by my initial guess of "one." Thinking that if you are there first, you'll get one ride in, and by the time you get that one ride in, there will be an hour long line that would have built up while you are riding. And if you're not there first, you're in that hour long line...

So yeah... "one" is a pretty educated guess.

Thank you.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only question I really have is do those bunny hops coming back to the station feel like the ones on Lightning Run? It looks like they do in the videos.

My take on this, from riding the other night, is that while those hops absolutely feel like they're trying to chuck you off the train, they are still more "comfortable" than the ones at the end up Lightning Run, Lightning Rod, or Storm Chaser. I didn't come away with as much leg soreness from my rides on it, nor did I feel the need to "brace" or "prepare myself" for them. I don't know if slight tweaks were made in the RMC restraints, or if the hills are more perfectly engineered, but I certainly loved getting that bucking bull feeling, without any discomfort!

Great report! It looks like you had a blast, and makes me really look forward to riding it myself.

That's interesting about the loud lift hill. I've always considered Twisted Colossus's lift hill to be loud; was it even louder than that?

I'd say this is kinda throwing me through a loop too. Twisted Colossus's lift is almost at the point of being obnoxiously loud, meanwhile on Boring and Mild coasters they've basically perfected the art of the lift hill with practically silent lifts. Even on their 325.

I wonder if this is something RMC knows is going on or if they're just like, eff it. This is how our lift hill is gonna go, this is how it's going to be.

^That’s the reason why I love these obxiously loud RMC lifts. The fact that RMC is the epitamy of a company pushing the limit of what we knew was possible and changing the scene of the industry, yet uses the absolute loudest anti-rollback system they could find, when most companies in the industry have been using a dampedned or silient anti-rollback system for years.

It gives it character. Its like new meets old. Especially in that fog media day, the sound of the antirollbacks just made it even more ominous in the videos.

Honestly, the loudness of the lift hill never once bothered me, and honestly, I only really noticed it when in the final part of the queue directly next to the lift. When I was on the coaster, that was the last thing on my mind!

Seeing an actual POV of Steel Vengeance makes the it look even better than it already did. Very happy to hear that it's one of RMCs best creations yet. Great coverage of the media day, and I'm really looking forward to this even more now.

Awesome trip report, and looks like you had an incredible time!! Really looking forward to the summer!! However I have just two quick questions.

Probably a weird question, but how does the landscaping and the actual ride plaza compare to other plaza's in the park (i.e Gatekeeper or Valravn). Is it just "There" or are there some aspects that stand out?

In addition, after riding Steel Vengeance multiple times, are there any elements that you really enjoy more than the others? Tony Clark said he loved that bank over the brake run, but were there any that you found were completely bonkers?

The only question I really have is do those bunny hops coming back to the station feel like the ones on Lightning Run? It looks like they do in the videos.

My take on this, from riding the other night, is that while those hops absolutely feel like they're trying to chuck you off the train, they are still more "comfortable" than the ones at the end up Lightning Run, Lightning Rod, or Storm Chaser.

I actually thought they felt *exactly* the same as the ones on Lightning Run, Rod, and Storm Chaser.

My take on this, from riding the other night, is that while those hops absolutely feel like they're trying to chuck you off the train, they are still more "comfortable" than the ones at the end up Lightning Run, Lightning Rod, or Storm Chaser.

I actually thought they felt *exactly* the same as the ones on Lightning Run, Rod, and Storm Chaser.

I think what I'm trying to communicate is that they "felt" the same, as in what your experience was (the violent tossing forward, as if to eject you), but that the restraint was more comfortable, for whatever reason. That was my impression at least.

I think what I'm trying to communicate is that they "felt" the same, as in what your experience was (the violent tossing forward, as if to eject you), but that the restraint was more comfortable, for whatever reason. That was my impression at least.

Honestly, I have to agree with DILinator, from my experience. Not sure if it's the restraints, or more aligned airtime hills vs. off-kilter, but the final hills of Vengeance did feel more comfortable to me (while still delivering killer airtime).

Of course everyone's experience is different, so I guess we'll see how other people feel once more people get rides on it.