TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I'm honestly quite shocked that that looks appealing to anyone. I mean I'm sure it tastes great but they get an F for presentation. Are wet wipes included in purchase price? I mean, have you seen Hershey's shakes?

I understand. Hershey's shakes looked very appealing, but then also beer.

My general feeling is that this park tends to be dead. If I were to stop in a week from Sunday, will anything have a long wait? I was thinking the two I need to hit early are Batwing (slow loading) and Ragin Cajun.

Lol I was there this past Sunday and I don't think I waited longer than 5 minutes for anything. And that's even pushing it.

While we wait for something interesting to happen regarding SFA, here's a question we could debate for a few posts:

What's the best seat/best way to ride each of the rides at SFA (and "don't" is not an acceptable answer )

I'm asking this 50% because I want to know, and 50% because I want some more activity on this thread

While we wait for something interesting to happen regarding SFA, here's a question we could debate for a few posts:

What's the best seat/best way to ride each of the rides at SFA (and "don't" is not an acceptable answer )

I'm asking this 50% because I want to know, and 50% because I want some more activity on this thread

Well . . . . for Superman: Ride of Steel . . . . you get a more forceful ride in the back row, while you get a better view in the front row.

Batwing . . . . well, keep your eyes closed on the lift hill unless you want to stare into the sun.

Wild One & Roar . . . . front or back row. And from what has been said here . . . on coasters with PTC trains, avoid a wheel seat.

Mind Eraser . . . keep your head back.

Aocalypse . . . . keep your head back . . and wear a jockstrap

Does anyone else think that the Gotham Arena is going to be torn down in the years to come. It's been years since they've hosted anything of substance there. There's also another venue in the front of the park which could easily host any cheer events or anything along the lines of that.

Does anyone else think that the Gotham Arena is going to be torn down in the years to come. It's been years since they've hosted anything of substance there. There's also another venue in the front of the park which could easily host any cheer events or anything along the lines of that.

Who knows . . . maybe they'll do the awakening there again for Fright Fest this year. I know in years past they had a BMX show (and back in the 90's, they had a Batman stunt show).

If it does get torn down, what goes in it's place?

Any thoughts?? No one repsonded yet

When's the cheapest time to buy a season pass that includes parking for 1 person?

I seem to recall last year, they said the August/September time frame that that would be the cheapest time to buy a season pass?

Any thoughts?? No one repsonded yet

When's the cheapest time to buy a season pass that includes parking for 1 person?

I seem to recall last year, they said the August/September time frame that that would be the cheapest time to buy a season pass?

The gold membership is only $6 a month and includes free parking and admission for all six flags. You're required to keep it for at least 12 months, so that winds up being $72 a year (not counting taxes and processing fees, which raise the cost a bit). I forget whether fright fest has better sales prices or not. Even if it does, I doubt it would be that large of a difference, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I could give you more info.

Does anyone else think that the Gotham Arena is going to be torn down in the years to come... If it does get torn down, what goes in it's place?

I'd love to see it replaced by SOME sort of dark ride. A Justice League clone would be welcome, but it seems like they are done with those. I'd love to see Six Flags build a flying theater style attraction (same style of attraction as Soarin' at Disney). There are LOTS of manufacturers now that have developed lots of different types of hardware to provide that sort of experience and I really think it would go over well at Six Flags. Nonetheless, I'm not holding my breath for a new dark ride at SAF anytime soon (though it would be nice if they proved me wrong!)

They moved The Awakening into the stadium last year and they had also filed permits to pour cement piers in there. Couldn't tell if that work was ever done or was a part of moving The Awakening in there. Either way, that would sound like moving toward using it more rather than knocking it down and leaving a giant hole.

Does anyone else think that the Gotham Arena is going to be torn down in the years to come... If it does get torn down, what goes in it's place?

I'd love to see it replaced by SOME sort of dark ride. A Justice League clone would be welcome, but it seems like they are done with those. I'd love to see Six Flags build a flying theater style attraction (same style of attraction as Soarin' at Disney). There are LOTS of manufacturers now that have developed lots of different types of hardware to provide that sort of experience and I really think it would go over well at Six Flags. Nonetheless, I'm not holding my breath for a new dark ride at SAF anytime soon (though it would be nice if they proved me wrong!)

Keep some things in mind:

1. Heavily themed attractions tend to be more expensive than outside thrill rides with "implied" theming. The attential to detail, development, getting everything together is just generally more expenisve than plopping down a flat ride or other basic attraction that's less involved than a roller coaster. When you have the corporate back of Disney, and you're charging a family $500 a day in ticket prices alone, maybe $1,000 a day with a hopper wand and hotel fare, you are going to need to put a lot of money into top attractions. When you're dealing with a park where guests by a $70 season pass, and get 5-6 times a year, you can't be putting that much money into attractions off of $20 a visit from guests.

2. Themed attractions are not as re-ridable, as you understand the plotline early on and get the trick after awhile. In contrast, rides that are based off of a physical experience can be ridden more often potentially, it may depend on the guest. At Disney, probably over half of the guests on a given visit won't come back to the park for 10 years, as they live anywhere in America, or the world really. They can get the gist of the plotlines, be suprised by the twists, and Disney will probably have all new attractions when they come back (while keeping the core rides in tact like Space Mountain). With Six Flags, their guests live within a 30 mile radius, and they'll be back often with their cheap season passes. They better be showing the same crappy looped video to them every time they visit.

1. Heavily themed attractions tend to be more expensive than outside thrill rides with "implied" theming. The attential to detail, development, getting everything together is just generally more expenisve than plopping down a flat ride or other basic attraction that's less involved than a roller coaster.

Six Flags has already shown they are willing to invest in dark rides with the Justice League attractions they built. As such, they must feel that such attractions are a worthy enough investment, even at a park where the cost of a season pass can be <$100 per year. Further, similar to roller coasters, dark rides can be cloned and designed to fit in a minimal footprint accessible to multiple parks allowing the design costs and production costs to be spread over multiple parks/installations. I'm not expecting/asking for a completely original attraction with a crazy queue to rival Disney/Universal. All I'm saying is that if the Mall of America can build a flying theater type attraction, there's no reason Six Flags couldn't as well (especially if the plan was to put it in multiple parks).

2. Themed attractions are not as re-ridable, as you understand the plotline early on and get the trick after awhile.

That's debatable. I find an attraction like DarKastle at BGE, Spiderman at IOA, or Flight of Passage at DAK to be exceptionally re-ridable. Further, with a screen based attraction, if you do feel there is an issue with attrition, you can simply change up the film/motions and have (essentially) a completely new experience. On top of that, SFA currently has VERY little you can do while it's raining and limited options for when it is cold. Having a dark ride would give guests at least SOMETHING to do under those conditions.