TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Cruising on the Disney Magic!

^When we joined the group we were about two months from the cruise and they happily let us join. They let people join until about 4 weeks out as we all needed time to shop and make for those in our group. Some of the people had been in that group and had been planning for over a year as soon as the cruise was open for booking!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Particularly enjoying this trip report as we are big Disney cruisers (it is the only cruise line we have done), and I enjoy seeing your comparisons to other ships and also the things we have missed (I will point out the sorcerers hat to my wife next year....can't believe we missed that one...too busy looking for hidden Mickeys).

We also love the fish extender, and I fully agree with you that it does show the good side of people.

Did you get assigned your own table at dinner or did you get seated with another family? If you did is that something that you enjoy?

Will look forward to reading more updates.

^When we joined the group we were about two months from the cruise and they happily let us join. They let people join until about 4 weeks out as we all needed time to shop and make for those in our group. Some of the people had been in that group and had been planning for over a year as soon as the cruise was open for booking!

Haha! Just like me, sometimes. A good year in advance, lol.

Thanks for the info, Elissa.

Did you get assigned your own table at dinner or did you get seated with another family? If you did is that something that you enjoy?

We had our own table by request. You guys all know us, we're very odd, and not totally PG-13 (even with our 11 year old), so we assume we don't play well with most others. From what I've researched, Disney is very good with seating you with similarly aged children/families or respecting if you ask for your own table.

We had our own table by request. You guys all know us, we're very odd, and not totally PG-13 (even with our 11 year old), so we assume we don't play well with most others. From what I've researched, Disney is very good with seating you with similarly aged children/families or respecting if you ask for your own

I'd love to sit with the Alveys on a Disney cruise, PG 13 would be too boring, although my son would be pestering you to name all your favourite roller coasters you have been on (might take the whole cruise methinks!) We have always been lucky so far, and I agree with you that Disney seems to be good at finding "matching" families.....although I don't know how they do it with us (how do you match a Brit and a Canadian plus a 9 year old).

Thankyou for your response.

i've never been on a Disney ship, but I'm glad to see how comparable the size of the cabin is to those on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean.

And honestly, I'm incredibly impressed by the bathroom - not only the idea of the split bathroom (which is brilliant), but the tile is lovely as well.

DCL rooms are notably larger than other cruise lines... and considering that most rooms have 3-4 people in them, that's important!

The room design is really amazing in how it maximizes space and utility in what is still a small space.

Similarly, the split bathrooms are a fantastic feature when you're getting the family ready - and having a bathtub is a huge luxury on a cruise ship - most cruise lines only have showers unless you go up to suites. It's obviously a big deal for families with kids, but my mom also loves baths over showers, so this was a huge deal to her as well.

Along with the impressive food, free sodas and juice, the larger rooms are part of the reason that DCL prices are higher than most other mass market cruise lines... but it really is a "you get what you pay for" situation.

Awesome Photo TR. I know I sailed Disney Magic a couple years ago, loved it, and the ship still looks great from the photos you've been posting. Keep up the good work.

I totally go on a TPR Group cruise

I'd even go on a Klassy Kruise with them! (and I've sworn to never set foot on Carnival. . but I would to spend a week with TPR. . oh how fun).

Okay. I don't want this to make me sound like an idiot. . . Keep in mind I didn't know much about DCL before this. . .

I've gotta admit... I LOVE Disney... but I have always vetoed any Disney Cruise when planning our vacations. I've always thought that a Disney cruise would be super geared towards kids, with little to do for adults on the ship resulting in a rather "meh" vacation.

That being said... I am SUPER thankful for this TR!!! So far you guys have done a REALLY great job highlighting the ship, and showing that it's not just all about kids, but there is stuff for EVERYONE to enjoy!! ... We have actually started looking into a Disney Cruise now!! Thanks for opening our eyes to how much more Disney Cruises have to offer than I originally thought!!

Can't wait for more!!

Love Disney Cruises...lost count on how many we’ve done but it’s got to be upwards of 20 since 1999. It’s been really cool to watch the ships grow and evolve, and though I’d probably say The Fantasy is “the best”, the Magic is probably my favorite. I was actually just on the same itinerary in January, and I don’t remember the shawarma place being there yet. What did it replace?

^From my research the Shawarma place has actually been on the Magic exclusively for a long time now. It may have been under refurb at a few points but it keeps coming back even though everyone is always terrified it won't! It's right next to the more normal 'hot dog/hamburger' place by the pool.

^From my research the Shawarma place has actually been on the Magic exclusively for a long time now. It may have been under refurb at a few points but it keeps coming back even though everyone is always terrified it won't! It's right next to the more normal 'hot dog/hamburger' place by the pool.

Ohhhh Boiler Bites right? Maybe that does ring a bell...on our last trip in passing it just looked like an expanded toppings bar lol.

Considering I have a deposit down for a 2019 Med cruise on the Magic and it just got a refresh, I'm really happy for this thread and looking forward to the next installment. I do hope you cover the Teen club refresh as that's where my two fall in line with

This cruise looks great so far. All the food choices look excellent and its making me hungry although I already ate tonight. Props to Kristen for going for Seared Ahi salad, that's a very sophisticated chioce for an 11 year old. It would be hard for me to pick off that menu though, most those choices sound delish!

The Shawarma place has actually been on the Magic exclusively for a long time now. It may have been under refurb at a few points but it keeps coming back even though everyone is always terrified it won't! It's right next to the more normal 'hot dog/hamburger' place by the pool.

Also I'd pick Shawarma over normal hot dogs or hamburgers any day. I hope enough people go for the Shawarma to justify them to keep serving it.

Looking forward to reading more.

Also I'd pick Shawarma over normal hot dogs or hamburgers any day. I hope enough people go for the Shawarma to justify them to keep serving it.

It was crazy popular! Also probably because it was DELICIOUS! I ended up having it a few times and it's right up there with one of the best "quick service" items I've ever had on a cruise ship!

Props to Kristen for going for Seared Ahi salad, that's a very sophisticated chioce for an 11 year old. It would be hard for me to pick off that menu though, most those choices sound delish!

Really proud of her! In the last year she's really started to enjoy Tuna. Either in Poke, Sashimi, Tataki, or just seared...never fully cooked! Robb and I don't even eat that! Cruises are a great way to try new foods as it's all included and you can get something else if you don't like what you tried.

My wife and I always talk about doing an Orlando trip if we save for the next 10 years but this thread is making me think we should aim for 15 and tag a cruise on the end to wrap up the once in a lifetime holiday. I've always wanted to do a cruise and if we are only going to do it once, why not go with one of the best.

Although I think I'd struggle with deciding off the menu each night. That french onion soup looks amazing but I'd probably sit there for an hour about missing out on the brie.

Although I think I'd struggle with deciding off the menu each night. That french onion soup looks amazing but I'd probably sit there for an hour about missing out on the brie.

You can order both! You are not limited to one menu item on cruise ships. And it's all included!