TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to portaventura in April with 3 other friends. we go to the park on the 2nd and 3rd day so we need to stay 3 nights in Salou. any suggestion? maybe the cheapest way is an apartment for 3 nights instead of a hotel?

Maybe it was just because it wasn't peak season, but I was able to get a good rate on one of their resort hotels through the Roulette program. The day before my visit, I was randomly given a room at one of their hotels. They all looked fantastic. And as an added plus, it included park tickets.

I'm going to portaventura in April with 3 other friends. we go to the park on the 2nd and 3rd day so we need to stay 3 nights in Salou. any suggestion? maybe the cheapest way is an apartment for 3 nights instead of a hotel?

Maybe it was just because it wasn't peak season, but I was able to get a good rate on one of their resort hotels through the Roulette program. The day before my visit, I was randomly given a room at one of their hotels. They all looked fantastic. And as an added plus, it included park tickets.

Do you get Ferrari Land tickets as well or do you have to pay a separate fee like you do normally?

Do you get Ferrari Land tickets as well or do you have to pay a separate fee like you do normally?

60 euros 2 days (portaventura + ferrari land)

portaventura hotel was a good option if we were 4 days to the park however we only go 2 days but we want to stay 3 nights .. the 1st and last day is to meet barcelona and salou

tickets - 60€ x 4 = 240€

hotel portaventura (with tickets) - 624€

I think we get accommodation for 4 people for less than 384 € ...

• 1 month later...

Hey, everyone. I'll be in Barcelona for a few days the first week of June, I decided to take day out and see PortAventura. I've only ever heard good things about this park, so I don't want to miss it. Plus, a place that combines two of my favorite things, roller coasters and Ferrari, I'll be there.

Since I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to go back, I was looking in to their express pass system. More than likely, I'll be going to during the week, but don't know what crowds usually look like around that time.

Since I'll only have a day, and I'm a first time visitor, I was just going to see if anyone had any advice or "plan of attack" for this park. Much appreciate, and thanks in advance!

When I was there last year it was very busy at both parks - queues of 60+ minutes were no exception. I had the Express Pass (which is only 50 euros) that gave me unlimited access to all of their major attractions, except for Hurakan Condor. I was able to ride everything multiple times without ever waiting more than 20 minutes. Also, operations aren't the best out there. So yes, get the Express Pass. You won't regret it.

When I was there last year it was very busy at both parks - queues of 60+ minutes were no exception. I had the Express Pass (which is only 50 euros) that gave me unlimited access to all of their major attractions, except for Hurakan Condor. I was able to ride everything multiple times without ever waiting more than 20 minutes. Also, operations aren't the best out there. So yes, get the Express Pass. You won't regret it.

you have to wait 20 minutes with this express pass?

GyqmDXk.png

btw, are there any good shows to watch?

Because the express pass is relatively cheap, there are a lot of people that buy it. They are limited, though. If I remember correctly, they were all sold out 2 hours after opening. Anyway, the average wait time for the Express Pass queue (also for the Premium Gold) was around 20 minutes for Dragon Khan and Furius Baco, around 15 minutes for Stampida and around 10 minutes for Shambhala and Diablo - Tren de la Mina. All the other rides that are included with the Express Pass were a walk-on. But remember, when I visited the park was packed - 120+ minutes for Shambhala, Dragon Khan and Furius Baco all day.

Because the express pass is relatively cheap, there are a lot of people that buy it. They are limited, though. If I remember correctly, they were all sold out 2 hours after opening. Anyway, the average wait time for the Express Pass queue (also for the Premium Gold) was around 20 minutes for Dragon Khan and Furius Baco, around 15 minutes for Stampida and around 10 minutes for Shambhala and Diablo - Tren de la Mina. All the other rides that are included with the Express Pass were a walk-on. But remember, when I visited the park was packed - 120+ minutes for Shambhala, Dragon Khan and Furius Baco all day.

Thanks for the information .. I'll be there in 10 days .. Sunday and Monday .. I hope that at least Monday is calm and then decide whether to buy or not..

How are crowds during the first week of June? I've booked a Disney Cruise for June 8th 2019 and Port Aventura is now a sure thing for my Euro trip. Too many nice Homeaway choices to be had to stay on property though.

Thanks for the information .. I'll be there in 10 days .. Sunday and Monday .. I hope that at least Monday is calm and then decide whether to buy or not..

No problem! This crowd calendar is always pretty accurate. It's in French, but the color code is as follows: Green = Calm day, Blue = Pleasantly busy, Orange = Occupied, Red = High crowds, Black = To avoid. So for the 15th and 16th of April, you should be fine.

How are crowds during the first week of June? I've booked a Disney Cruise for June 8th 2019 and Port Aventura is now a sure thing for my Euro trip. Too many nice Homeaway choices to be had to stay on property though.

As you can see in the link to the crowd calendar I posted above, the first week of June should be okay.

No problem! This crowd calendar is always pretty accurate. It's in French, but the color code is as follows: Green = Calm day, Blue = Pleasantly busy, Orange = Occupied, Red = High crowds, Black = To avoid. So for the 15th and 16th of April, you should be fine.

As you can see in the link to the crowd calendar I posted above, the first week of June should be okay.

where to buy the tickets? Is there a site cheaper than the official website?

^I had free entrance with my annual pass from Efteling. But I bought my ticket for Ferrari Land from the park's official website. I don't really know if there is a website where you can get cheaper tickets, I am sorry.

Thanks, I got my eyes set in a vacation rental that overlooks the sea in Salou I want to base there for few days getting adjusted to the time before moving into Barcelona proper the day before to cruise. The wife will spend time reading overlook g the seas while the kids a I check out the nearby Roman ruins and the Park. We'll focus on Guadi sights the day before the cruise and visit Tibidado the night before the cruise and something the morning before boarding.

If you are going to Barcelona, also consider getting the bus to Tibidabo. Not just because of the credits, but also because the views from the top are amazing, particularly if you pay 3€ to go up to the top of the church there.

If you are going to Barcelona, also consider getting the bus to Tibidabo. Not just because of the credits, but also because the views from the top are amazing, particularly if you pay 3€ to go up to the top of the church there.

Why did not anyone tell me about this? what a wonderful view !! I'll have to go there on the first day!

Tz9JwEa.png

if it rains will I have problems on the roller coasters? I do not want to think about it ..

I can't remember them closing rides in the rain so you should be OK. You can get the bus from Placa de Catalunya (the bus stop is outside the Desigual store). It is the T2A and goes every 30 minutes. Other Barcelona tips: most of the restaurants on Las Ramblas are terrible. The only nice one is Ultra Marinos. Also if you like architecture, as well as doing Sagrada Familia consider doing Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau. It's walking distance from Sagrada Familia, is super beautiful and also relatively quiet compared to Sagrada Famila which is super busy. PM me if you want any more tips as I know this is off topic, I lived in Spain for 15 years

Tibidabo was penciled in for the Friday night before the Cruise. We want to hit Case Batllo, Familia and Park Guell during the day and finish it off up on top

Where do the buses to Tibidabo leave from?

Tibidabo was penciled in for the Friday night before the Cruise. We want to hit Case Batllo, Familia and Park Guell during the day and finish it off up on top

Where do the buses to Tibidabo leave from?

The bus leaves from Placa de Catalunya, which is walking distance from Casa Batllo. In one corner of Placa de Catalunya there is a Desigual store, so look for the stop which has a signpost for T2A: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@41.3874739,2.1687504,3a,75y,345.51h,96.94t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQzSw6e91Dx4C_nThwuVgPg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The journey only takes about 30 minutes. Make sure you get the correct bus back down as there is also a T2B service that goes elsewhere.

Make sure you get tickets in advance for Sagrada Familia and Casa Batllo. You don't need to print the tickets, you can just show them your phone with the barcode.