TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[VEKOMA] UPDATED 2022 Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

Yes as soon as i do visit them and seeing something thats worth posting, i will.

After some creative ideas and brainstorming i came up with this :

8beff5af4499a8ff47fa25f40925d6b5.jpg

80525e24a8c5df36205fa9bf57de73d1.jpg

That vehicle seems to sit pretty high. I wonder if the cars could be compatible with pre-existing Arrow/Vekoma looper track to breathe new life into them.

Based on the early reviews of Time Traveler, having more controlled spinning coasters doesn't sound like a bad thing.

That vehicle seems to sit pretty high. I wonder if the cars could be compatible with pre-existing Arrow/Vekoma looper track to breathe new life into them.

Likely not. These cars are based on the new-style Vekoma track with the rails / wheels on the outside, most Arrow and Vekoma coasters have the rails / wheels on the inside. Theoretically it could be done, but coasters with the old style track sit at a very low center line, and having new cars at what is essentially double the height of the center line would make awkward Arrow coasters even more awkward.

It's the same reason why Rougarou and Patriot sit slightly higher than most B&M floorless coasters - they match the old stand-up center line. If they would have been replaced with, say, normal sit-down trains, some of the forces would have been awkward / uncomfortable.

Started "spinning scripting" i got 1 coach spinning but I had to change the train a lil (not as it is in the real situation now)

Just had a chance to watch your video. Seems like a great concept. I sure hope the real coaster has some spinning similar to what yours does. Sure looks like a fun concept.

Thanks for always keeping us up to date with what is going on.

A site that shall not be mentioned was reporting that this ride system is 100% absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt CONFIRMED to the be ride system for the Guardians of The Galaxy coaster at Epcot. I don't know if that is true or not but seems like an interesting ride vehicle that has a lot of potential. Should be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Testing has started, i noticed the coaches where 180 degrees on the chassis now, the train was NOT covered with the orange tarp.

Its on exactly 365 days ago the first testing with the old F.L.Y. had started.

• 4 weeks later...

Here the latest pictures, situation from 12 April and on, they do testing, sometimes coaches 180 degr on chassis, sometimes covered, sometimes open.

f2a9a11b8265dd2aac256fe9a8caa2b4.jpg

15c0bd35db3e8f3096da3b567a290942.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

From what I am hearing, the attraction will not involve spinning at all (at least not in the same regards as Primeval Whirl or even Time Traveler). The rotation will be 100% pre-programmed into the attraction so that they can point you in the direction that they want to exactly when they want you pointed in that direction (not dissimilar to Escape from Gringots). I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

I know whats the plan with the pre-programming of the rotation, i'm working on that to demonstrate that in an NL2 version :

(just an fictional version, nothing of the track is correct)