TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my friends asked me what the difference is between universal and Disney.

For your average person who doesn't give a shit and is just out to have a good time at one place of another, I don't see this question to be too out of line.

As far as this thread goes, it's almost obsolete from TPR youtube and facebook comments. I don't expect everyone to know or care much about roller coasters, but some of the comments are truly idiotic and they defy common sense. Sadly, the dumbest adults who post these comments often have a litter of children in their pictures.

There's really two big ones I've seen over and over again. It seems like everyone knows of someone who claims that they nearly fell out of some roller coaster and was 'held down' by the person sitting next to them even though said ride includes seat belts. I always ask them 'why didn't you buckle and tighten the seat belt?' They always get confused and can't seem to remember there being seat belts.

The other one is the asking about track elements about a roller coaster that is right in front of them. I honestly had a friend ask me if Millennium Force had a drop while we were standing right in front of it. I asked him 'Dude what's wrong with you?' as I pointed to the big enormous obvious drop of Millennium Force.

Beyond this, I'd say most things can be forgiven such as getting names and locations wrong and thinking a roller coaster is some absurd height or speed. This of course excludes the random ridiculous cases of thinking roller coasters jump tracks, etc.

There's really two big ones I've seen over and over again. It seems like everyone knows of someone who claims that they nearly fell out of some roller coaster and was 'held down' by the person sitting next to them even though said ride includes seat belts. I always ask them 'why didn't you buckle and tighten the seat belt?' They always get confused and can't seem to remember there being seat belts.

It's honestly fascinating to me that people can so vividly remember their restraints coming completely unlatched. Like... that just doesn't happen, but people swear up and down that it has. I wonder if being in an adrenaline rush state makes people's brain exaggerate the memory of something small (like popping up a click) into something huge.

I had a friend that went to SFMM last year. He told me didn't ride Tatsu because it "looked like Alpengeist" and didn't ride Scream because it "looked like Apollo''s Chariot." He's been on Dominator at KD too. He rode 4 roller coasters in his only visit to SFMM and is now adamant to me that X2 is the greatest roller coaster of all time. He at least KNEW to ride Twisted Colossus so I will give him credit there.

To be honest, I have never taken the time to confirm the difference between an immelmann and a dive loop...I've taken my guess at which one is which, but I've never taken 5 seconds of google's time to confirm. I have also never taken the time to learn the terms for any of RMC'S crazy maneuvers. When I tell people the difference between an inverted roller coaster and a traditional roller coaster they give me a fake interested look when in reality they don't care.

I just hate stupid people...

We went to SFOT with some friends... One of our friends was DEAD SET on the "FACT" that Titan use to be called "Wild Thing." -- "Only it wasn't as tall, and you hung from the track." and said friend refused to ride it because "Omg. Last time I rode that my bar thing popped up, and I almost flew out and died. I was just barley able to hold myself in."

I just wanted to smack him. But I got tired of trying to explain to him that's not how this works... That's not how any of this works. So I just let him keep believing everything he thought was true.

^ It's like one of those stories, being retold to everyone else, and it keeps growing and growing and...

He probably just heard a 'click' and from there it grew wilder and more menacing, LOL!

To be honest, I have never taken the time to confirm the difference between an immelmann and a dive loop...I've taken my guess at which one is which, but I've never taken 5 seconds of google's time to confirm. I have also never taken the time to learn the terms for any of RMC'S crazy maneuvers. When I tell people the difference between an inverted roller coaster and a traditional roller coaster they give me a fake interested look when in reality they don't care.

I mean... they're essentially the same construction, it just depends which direction you travel through them.

^ It's like one of those stories, being retold to everyone else, and it keeps growing and growing and...

He probably just heard a 'click' and from there it grew wilder and more menacing, LOL!

My comfort collar on Tempesto came loose Sunday and I told my co-workers about it and they were all absolutely horrified. I explained to them that comfort collars actually weren't necessary and one of them said they'd never ride Tempesto because the restraint system was "malfunctioning"