TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

^^^ The whole thing looks AMAZE-ing! Especially that part of the queue!

I bet the music is going to be pretty Can-Can Spectacular, hmmm?

Oooo I wish there were plans to come back to this park. Looking forward

to how it all works out, and it's opening! The cars look hot, too!

^ The music in it is part of the world famous "Galop Infernal" by Offenbach (1858), which everybody knows,

but not everybody knows who wrote it. The video looks great! Awesome way to promote the coaster.

This is looking kind of like another Guardians of the Galaxy scenario: a retheme that seems really weird at first glance, but as more info about the new theme and ride gets released, the more I can get behind the idea.

Hopefully it will end up like Guardians in that it ends up being really cool and different after everything's said and done.

Hmm--while I like the original Eurosat, it always seemed odd to have a "space-themed" coaster in the park's version of France. I like what I'm seeing here for the "CanCan" coaster.

^I think it was originally a nod to the fact that the European Space Agency's headquarters are in Paris, so it would have made sense for France to get the indoor space coaster (and then for Russia to get another coaster themed to their space program).

But like I said, I really don't mind the change if it works, and everything that's coming out strongly implies this will actually turn out really well.

I like the Visionary Theme they are going for, like the cancelled Discovery Bay at Disneyland

What's funny is that's actually the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the concept art. That and the pseudo Universe of Energy ride being refurbed right next to it.

Of course, the theme has nothing to do with the Disney parks - which lend their theming from Jules Verne, the Eiffel Tower (both of french origin) or the world exhibitions (which happened 1855, 1867, 1878, 1889, 1900 and 1937 in Paris - granted, the first one was in London).

• 2 weeks later...

New new Can Can picture courtesy of EP's Facebook page.

There's red track in the foreground, and grey/black track towards the top of the picture which looks like original track to me, not sure. Perhaps the red track will all be towards the bottom of the ride and there will be scenic elements and it will be lighter (which is why the track is coloured).

30571362_10155267651341440_4268115177645277184_n.thumb.jpg.5f52e1beea4e9e54456c341c5b62f71f.jpg

I've been following the Eurosat project off and on. But there are two thing still not clear to me.

1. Is this a re-tracking of (most) of the coaster or are they redesigning it?

and 2. If it's re-tracking why not just re-theme it? AKA why was it necessary to re-track?

I read some articles but they where hinting either way.

Thanks Norwegian coasterfan, I thought it might be that

I've been following the Eurosat project off and on. But there are two thing still not clear to me.

and 2. If it's re-tracking why not just re-theme it? AKA why was it necessary to re-track?

1. It's replacing the track, but they will keep the layout as close to the original as possible

2. The ride is nearly 30 years old so I guess it needed repairs, plus it was quite rough for some people

Thanks Norwegian coasterfan, I thought it might be that

1. It's replacing the track, but they will keep the layout as close to the original as possible

2. The ride is nearly 30 years old so I guess it needed repairs, plus it was quite rough for some people

See this is why I'm confused. It hints towards change. Am I to see that like they did with the Python in the Efteling? (basically smoothing out the ride). I don't know I just find that statement confusing. About the ride being rough and in need of repairs, I can see that. It may have been 8 years since I rode it but I still remember it being jerky, also the fact that I shared my seat with a larger person helped me to remember that ride, with the restrains being so far away I might have been able to squeeze myself out of it. (Am so glad the new trains don't seem to share that problem.)

^ Man, I would love to see this put into something Vancouver already has for it.....

science-world-downtown.jpg.fdb58e9600a8b9b6046b48a58090e48f.jpg

Currently known as Science World, with an OMNI-MAX cinema in the orb. (o; An EXPO86 World's Fair Legacy Bldg.

• 2 weeks later...
^It is the old track. I think they said that they will remove and replace certain sections at a time to make sure that everything line up

The black track you see in the picture is indeed the old track. They mentioned that they need to replace small parts of the track at one time to maintain the static of the the construction. But they will replace all the track piece by piece.

And yes it was necessary because the ride was planned for about 20 years of lifetime and I think some track parts needed to get refurbished. And they add a second station for VR rides, so they have now two rides in one.

They will use most of the original layout but they said they will add two new elements. In one interview one of the Mack's even mentioned one thing will be worls first. But not sure if he means an element on the ride or something about the theming (maybe an 360 degree projection).

Europa-Park allows visitors to skip the line for a fee

220418rijen1.jpg.b7c12249b38e2cf3cdbfaa0740c6d37a.jpg

Visitors of Europa-Park can now skip a queue for a fee. The German theme park has introduced a paid skip-the-line system for the virtual reality roller coaster Alpenexpress Coastiality.

Who wants to experience the roller coaster Alpenexpress with virtual reality, normally pays 2 euros per ride. Due to the low capacity, the waiting time can increase considerably. Recently, visitors can also opt for a Coastiality+ Pass for 6.99 euros. With that they no longer have to wait in line.

There are four different virtual reality films, each with its own theme. The VIP passes are available at the main entrance, at various information kiosks in the park and via the special Coastiality app.

Europa-Park was until now one of the few theme parks in Germany where no paid skip-the-line system was active. In parks like Movie Park Germany, Holiday Park and Phantasialand, it has long been customary that guests can pay to skip queues.

220418rijen2.jpg.2f9248cc37278ae17fabb000dc415351.jpg

Source

I only hope this leads to more skip the line offerings at the park!!!

Out of interest, why would you hope for this?

It goes completely against the philosophy of the park and the Mack family, and operations are some of the best in the world so the queues are never slow moving anyway. Paid fastrack would have an impact on the main queue lines, this is not something the park want. Also on busy days they need as many people in queue lines as possible as the park would not be able to cope with more people on the narrow pathways and in the restaurants/shops.

Out of interest, why would you hope for this?

When I am flying across the world to visit a park and I have a limited amount of time, I want to spend that time RIDING not standing in line watching other people ride.

The lines move fast, yes, but I've stood in plenty of "fast moving hour long lines" and Europa and as much as I love the park, I would have a much better visit if I didn't waste so much time standing in lines.

It doesn't have to be a "paid" service. Disney has done just fine with their system being free and fair for over a decade now...

Edited by robbalvey