TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I'm visiting the park pretty soon and the weather report doesn't look too good, the high looks to be 50 with a 50% chance of rain. Do the coasters run in the rain? I've been to some parks like Dollywood where they run the coasters (including Lightning Rod) in the rain, and then others (cough) Cedar Point (cough) that completely close every coaster when it starts sprinkling.

I don't know when you're visiting the park, but it's too early to waste your time looking at a weather report since they don't open until next weekend.

All coasters except Kingda Ka will run in a category 5 hurricane if the park is busy but if it's drizzling and the weather keeps the crowds away and the park is losing money then they'll close the park for your safety.

^ Basically this. I'm guilty when planning faraway trips but its pointless because I know it can and will change. If you're planning on going to any park this time of year, just accept that anything is possible an its best to not worry about it til a few days before, especially parks in the Northeast this time of year because its so all over the place. The last few weeks we've had a succession of annoying snowstorms and then beautiful sunny days will temps in the 50s. Also, sometimes it snows in April.

The hours for opening weekend keep getting reduced. First Sunday went from an 8 pm to 6 pm closing, now Saturday changed to a 6 pm closing as well.

That's a bummer they're reduced, but I'm guessing the cooler forecast may help keep people away anyway.

7.5 hours is more than enough time to get my rides on El Toro.

The hours for opening weekend keep getting reduced. First Sunday went from an 8 pm to 6 pm closing, now Saturday changed to a 6 pm closing as well.

the park is gonna be dead. everyone is heading over to KD for the opening of a RMC, Twisted Timbers. Whats the point to go to SFgadv for nothing new.

the park is gonna be dead. everyone is heading over to KD for the opening of a RMC, Twisted Timbers. Whats the point to go to SFgadv for nothing new.

you know NYC and Philly are full of people who don't give two sh*ts about Twisted Timbers or Kings Dominion right?

I totally called that but I also don't really understand why they went with postponing opening weekend. I am hearing Jackson got 9-12 inches, but we got 7.5 here in Philly and its already rapidly melting and will continue to do so as its going up to almost 50 the next two days. Definitely going to be gone by Saturday.

I think the biggest issue, just a guess, is the fact that the rides didn't have enough time to do thorough testing. Just because the weather will be ok this weekend doesn't mean all the rides are ready to go since they haven't exactly had the best weather the last few weeks for testing purposes. Yes I know a lot of the rides ran in 15 degree temperatures for HITP but it's not ideal for first runs I would think.

Edited by anonymouscactus

you know NYC and Philly are full of people who don't give two sh*ts about Twisted Timbers or Kings Dominion right?

It might not be that far fetched. I don't think that the Basic B---- GPer is going to be bothered to make it for opening weekend in cold temperate anyway. The most likely guests are the diehards. So they might be willing to make the drive.

It might not be that far fetched. I don't think that the Basic B---- GPer is going to be bothered to make it for opening weekend in cold temperate anyway. The most likely guests are the diehards. So they might be willing to make the drive.

I think it's pretty far fetched to assume that more than a very small percentage of people are getting in there cars and driving 4-7 hours depending on where you are around here just to go ride Twisted Timbers. I'm extremely excited to to down there but in my group of friends who just enjoy going to great adventure here and there haven't even heard or Kings Dominion let alone know about their new ride lol

Can anyone give me advice of the best way to travel from "manhattan" to the park. I want to go the 4/4 Or 4/5 not sure yet. Will be in the city for a week and slowly donning on me I can't be that close to one of my favorites and not go.

http://www.njtransit.com/var/var_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=SixFlagsServiceTo

I like how the first transmission we've had from them in months is all "Boo hoo look how much snow we had to remove" when immediately after that storm it was 50 degrees and the sh*t melted in almost a day. I get that it would have been hard for them to open with back to back storms affecting testing, prep etc, but cry me a river.

Also, new park map posted by GAH.

SFGAdv-2018.thumb.jpg.f3c5112632e02b0b42ffb85bb8dcd8d1.jpg

Liberty Pub to become Ale House? Hopefully that means they're adding taps. I love drinking there but they need more than 4 taps.