TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

It's official: https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/walt-disney-world-resorts-information/news/14mar2018-disney-to-begin-charging-for-overnight-self-parking-at-its-walt-disney-world-resort-hotels.htm

- Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night

- Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night

- Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

- Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Awesome, even more reason for me to never, ever stay on site.

Yeah not surprising at this point but a bit disappointing. I always factor in parking when considering resorts in Orlando so that's jut another benefit that's out the window. Then again the last few trips we've made it's been so easy to Uber to the parks and back that it makes on site transportation not as beneficial as it used to be.

As a non-local who would never drive to Florida, this will have no effect on me thanks to Disney's Magical Express and uber.

This does interest me from a planning perspective. Will this reduce the demand for parking, making some of the current parking superfluous? If that is the case, could they possibly add another building to currently landlocked resorts (like Poly) or fit in new resorts without as much of a land need for the parking.

Again, more complaining. And to those who are constantly looking for things to bitch about, here's an idea...

Instead of complaining, how about being at least somewhat THANKFUL that Walt Disney World was one of the *LAST* big corporate resort destinations to charge for parking. Seriously people, where was all the complaining about Universal charging for hotel parking for *YEARS*? or how about Las Vegas? or basically any larger corporate hotel in any big city or resort destination? Where is all the complaining for spending $20 on parking to see an Orlando Magic game or $25 for a Lakers game? And you're only parking there for a FEW HOURS!!! Or how about the $10 - $15 parking I pay for seeing a show at any performing arts center?

Do the people complaining not realize that EVERY OTHER DISNEY RESORT charges for overnight parking??? Disneyland in California, Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney Resort, Aulani in Hawaii, etc, etc, etc...

CHARGING FOR PARKING IS NOT UNCOMMON, PEOPLE!!! GET OVER IT!!!

I mean, FFS, Gaylord Palms here in Orlando charges $22 if you just want to go in and walk around for an hour!!! They will only validate your parking there if you spent $50 at one of the restaurants. At the Disney resorts, you can still park for free if you want to just go check out the resort, visit the shops, or eat at a restaurant.

Oh, and another Fun Fact! Swan & Dolphin (not Disney owned, but on Disney property) have charged for overnight parking for DECADES and let me share with you now how many complaints I've heard about that over the years. Ready? Here goes...

ZERO!

Seriously, people... If an average of $18 for parking is going to be a dealbreaker on your Walt Disney World vacation then you know what? You probably aren't going to be the target demographic for staying on property anyway so do the rest of us a favor and shut up and stop complaining!!! We are sick of hearing it.

Edited by robbalvey

As a non-local who would never drive to Florida, this will have no effect on me thanks to Disney's Magical Express and uber.

This does interest me from a planning perspective. Will this reduce the demand for parking, making some of the current parking superfluous? If that is the case, could they possibly add another building to currently landlocked resorts (like Poly) or fit in new resorts without as much of a land need for the parking.

Seems like I remember reading a rumor of a new resort around the main entrance gate to EPCOT so maybe there's some logic in that.

Seriously, people... If an average of $18 for parking is going to be a dealbreaker on your Walt Disney World vacation then you know what? You probably aren't going to be the target demographic for staying on property anyway

This is absolutely true and I should probably make that clear to add context to my comment. I was speaking for me personally.

I like to travel cheap and rack up rewards points with hotel chains and then pay with points. The people staying on property are splurging and they don't give a sh*t about an additional $18 per night. I compare their prices with comparable hotels and pick based on price. They were never targeting people like me to begin with.

You can still go to a Dining Reservation without paying, so this wouldn't ever affect me. I think the ship has long sailed on "Disney is overcharging for everything and I can't afford it". The park tickets themselves are very reasonable compared to Concert/Theater and Movie Tickets, and with a resort you are obviously paying for the Name, Service and Location. I'm just waiting for Magic Kingdom to hit $200 a day in like, 2022. Or earlier.

It's still worth it to me to stay on property. I only get to WDW every few years, so the extra time in the parks by staying on property more than makes up for the higher costs and parking fees.

Tonight TPR was invited to visit Raglan Road at Disney Springs to experience a preview of this weekend's Mighty St. Patrick's Festival! This event features a variety of musical artists including The Maguires, a four-piece traditional Irish music family band from Wicklow, Ireland. With a broad menu of Irish favorites and a series of exclusive beers on tap from Crooked Can Brewery, Raglan Road's Mighty St. Patrick's Festival will be well worth your visit!

For those that have never been, Raglan Road is Disney Springs wonderful Irish pub that includes authentic food, a fantastic drink selection and excellent entertainment for all ages. The venue has recently been upgraded a new video wall, a new show on the main stage and some new menu items; all fantastic updates for an already wonderful location!

1.thumb.JPG.e290c36896955e7fc2f29ef785507630.JPG

Tonight we visited Raglan Road Pub for a sneak preview of the Mighty St. Patrick's Festival offerings!

2.thumb.JPG.f1f36e51e9c371f2858b1d64e1401c12.JPG

The new Crooked Can Brewery “King of Shoals” IPA is joining the beer lineup on tap served at Raglan Road Pub!

7.thumb.JPG.08d7574937697463da4256cfa8e2ec41.JPG

Some info about the "King of Shoals" Raglan Road-exclusive IPA brewed by Crooked Can.

3.thumb.JPG.e697352e37fa548a60a933267d182864.JPG

Sampling some of the delicious food options at Raglan Road!

4.thumb.JPG.db753a6c6b1726efbce9334a10f3af15.JPG

A taste of the "Rack of Heaven," the restaurant's signature slow roasted Guinness-glazed baby back ribs.

5.thumb.JPG.b25caf6a253881d1e59be71434fb3403.JPG

The Salmon Swoon is an Irish smoked salmon served on Irish soda bread... Delicious!

6.thumb.JPG.3f0eba9c1fd4ebb9c35216ca5c849b10.JPG

We had a chance to meet with the owners of Raglan Road to talk about the weekend's events.

8.thumb.JPG.4a29196aef700bec57a9d1ddda17fd92.JPG

We got a miniature version of Raglan Road's famous fish and chips and it was fantastic!

9.thumb.JPG.948ad1b7ec1c01bfd319585f23f74bfa.JPG

The Tri Wishes Grand Irish Red Ale is another Raglan Road signature brew from Crooked Can and it is wonderful!

10.thumb.JPG.5c3b6a582d80db972ec1d85ca28b2eb6.JPG

We also had a taste of the house Shepherd's Pie, a classic taste for a classic dish,.

11.thumb.JPG.bf17b60087148d0a89d83c9a461703af.JPG

The Maguires are among the featured performers at Raglan Road Pub at Disney Springs during the Raglan Road Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival this weekend!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

12.thumb.JPG.822b24a96b15c43e922b696bea0e181f.JPG

We had a taste of the Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do, one of my favorite entrees on the Raglan Road menu!

13.thumb.JPG.78e31953218e31672ae9f629bd788cd8.JPG

The Strawberry and Cucumber Mojito and the "Chocolate Heaven" dessert were both big wins for us!

14.thumb.JPG.bbb096c3c4aea497904d7ca14c15a534.JPG

The Apple Crumble was among the best I've ever had.

15.thumb.JPG.694d30cc777888986b92b69e2ed46deb.JPG

It wouldn’t be a visit to Raglan Road without a taste of their signature bread & butter pudding!

16.thumb.JPG.e7a10f086c203eab1679a792af19f748.JPG

There's no better place to see authentic Irish step-dancing in Orlando than in Raglan Road Pub!

17.thumb.JPG.8e8e99f67e38ed3b17c7735013e527ba.JPG

Some of the movements are absolutely stunning to see in person!

18.thumb.JPG.fb5277bd1d568b05279ec324607b6f4e.JPG

I can never get enough of this kind of entertainment!

20.thumb.JPG.89d535d6fde7ddc5fdc9ef3674697ec9.JPG

Different bands rotate between the inside of the restaurant and the outside patio, giving all guests a chance to experience the different acts of the evening, regardless of where they are sitting.

[twitter]

[/twitter]

21.thumb.JPG.a8aa7586e490fcceea56a4d8b792c69d.JPG

The Macquires enjoyed quite the crowd in the outside patio!

Special thanks to Raglan Road for hosting us for a wonderful evening! We can't recommend visiting this wonderful place enough, and this year's Mighty St. Patrick's Festival is the perfect excuse to come by to check it out for yourself!

Oh my. Fish and Chips. I'd like three of those, please?

Looks like it will be a great weekend of stuff to see and hear, eat and drink.

Thanks for sharing the visit, Adam.

ok, the salmon on soda bread looks amazing!

as does the Gnocchi.. what kind of seafood is in there? I was expecting shrimp, but based on color looks like more salmon?

Who cares about the parking fees? Ive been to Disney probably 10-12 times in the past 20 yrs and have never stayed on resort and never once regretted the decision

For the price you pay at a Disney resort you can stay at MUCH nicer resorts in the Orlando area, this is especially nice if you're looking to escape the cultural sterilization of the Haus of Mouse and looking to find some adult nightlife, bars, restaurants, etc.

Disclaimer, I'm not a Disney freak or one of those "Disney Adults" but I do enjoy a couple days at the parks while in Orlando, and never saw the value of staying on property. Being cattle called is such a turn off and the resort transportation never appealed to myself as a value. I'm sure its a different story for those of you with kids or feel the need for mickey pancakes.

PS. The Ritz Carlton and Waldorf Astoria Orlando still offer free parking, and they're much more suited for an adult trip!

as does the Gnocchi.. what kind of seafood is in there? I was expecting shrimp, but based on color looks like more salmon?

I looked up the menu and the entire menu looks amazing. Here's the description of if:

Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do

Handmade potato gnocchi, seared Georges Bank scallops, crispy pork belly, tomatoes and kale in a white wine butter sauce

Who cares about the parking fees? Ive been to Disney probably 10-12 times in the past 20 yrs and have never stayed on resort and never once regretted the decision

For the price you pay at a Disney resort you can stay at MUCH nicer resorts in the Orlando area, this is especially nice if you're looking to escape the cultural sterilization of the Haus of Mouse and looking to find some adult nightlife, bars, restaurants, etc.

Disclaimer, I'm not a Disney freak or one of those "Disney Adults" but I do enjoy a couple days at the parks while in Orlando, and never saw the value of staying on property. Being cattle called is such a turn off and the resort transportation never appealed to myself as a value. I'm sure its a different story for those of you with kids or feel the need for mickey pancakes.

PS. The Ritz Carlton and Waldorf Astoria Orlando still offer free parking, and they're much more suited for an adult trip!

I would love to go point by point and explain how insanely stupid and obnoxious your entire post is, but I don't think you are intelligent enough to even understand, so instead I'll just go with one of my favorite GIFs...

giphy.gif

Actually, no, I will say this...

What I find ironic about your post is how a couple of years ago you made a post about how you were bashed at Cedar Point for your likes, beliefs and way of life. Now you are doing the EXACT SAME THING and being super rude and obnoxious towards those who enjoy Disney and like to stay at the Disney resorts. Maybe next time before you go berating a group of people for how they choose to enjoy life, you'll think twice about being so rude towards them.

You could have made your same points without being such a complete rude condescending jerk towards Disney fans, but **YOU CHOSE** to go that route. And you remember how upset you were when other people chose to use words that bashed you? Yeah, you're doing the same as those people.

I looked up the menu and the entire menu looks amazing. Here's the description of if:

Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do

Handmade potato gnocchi, seared Georges Bank scallops, crispy pork belly, tomatoes and kale in a white wine butter sauce

oo.. potato and scallops?

that sounds wonderful!

Raglan Road is my favorite place to eat (so far) at Disney Springs. I always get the Nom Nom Wings!

I'm sure its a different story for those of you with kids or feel the need for mickey pancakes.

Mickey WAFFLES. Don't get them confused.