TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn in Bordentown twice and I don't recall any issues. Same with Quality Inn near Princeton.

In a few weeks we are going to try the McGuire AFB / Fort Dix Quality Inn for the first time. It's a little bit more out of the way for us despite being the same drive length to the park as the other hotels (we are coming from the North, though), but a lot of people seem to rave about their breakfast and there will be four of us in tow for two nights... lol. Priorities! It was the same number of points for that and Bordentown Comfort Inn (though more than my usual spend!) so we went with Dix this time around. I'll be sure to report back on their breakfast, lol.

Im planning a trip to SFGA and for the life of me I can’t find a decent cheap(er) place to stay. I know people will say to stay with choice but based on the reviews the choice hotels don’t look good. Econo Lodge is usually my go to but the one closest to the park sounds disgusting. Is this one of the times I’m just going to have to fork over a little more cash? Where have you stayed when visiting this park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had good luck with Red Carpet Inn Wrightstown near Fort Dix. Reviews were mixed, some people said there were cleanliness issues, but it was cheap and close, so I took a chance and lucked out. The room was not fancy but fine. They don't have breakfast but there is a Wawa about a mile down the road.

^^-- I stayed there. Rooms are tiny and the A/C is large enough for a house, and the thermostat switches it between full blast and full off. It needs to be very hot, cold or just right (not humid). I suggest bringing a fan and duct tape so you can aim the vent upwards without the curtains going nuts. Beds are hard, frig didn't really work. Almost too quiet.

The Taco Bell almost within walking distance is excellent.

Im planning a trip to SFGA and for the life of me I can’t find a decent cheap(er) place to stay. I know people will say to stay with choice but based on the reviews the choice hotels don’t look good. Econo Lodge is usually my go to but the one closest to the park sounds disgusting. Is this one of the times I’m just going to have to fork over a little more cash? Where have you stayed when visiting this park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi we have stayed at the Best Western in Bordentown many times. We usually can get in there for under $100.00. It has a decent breakfast and pool. The rooms were remodeled two years ago.

Hello!

International Food Truck & Craft Beer Festival

Psych Yourself Up for World-Class Coasters and Chow Down on Delicious Food Truck Fare!

Join us for the 5th annual food truck festivall with food trucks full of delicious treats from all over the world, plus beer! Food Truck area is open from 12 to 7 p.m. each day.

Admission to the festival is included with theme park admission or a season pass. Food is available for an additional fee. Entrance to the event is located in Movietown. Discounted theme park tickets will also be available for the day. Discounted theme park admission tickets will be available for the event.

Food Trucks:

The Flying Pie Guy - Hand held savory Aussie meat pies - buttery, flaky crust with a center filled with savory beef, chicken, pork, fresh farm-to-table veggies

MexiFlip Taco Truck - Tacos: chicken, pulled pork, spicy honey lime sweet potatoe (veggie), chicken mango

Cajun Jax BBQ - All types of Cajun And Creole southern comfort food. Voodoo doo shrimp, Mardi Gras Fries, Crawfish Etouffee Fries, gator sausage, deep fried bread pudding, and much more

The Little Sicilian Riceballs - Sicilian riceballs, strombolis and sicilian desserts. Red roasted pepper riceball, classic meat and cheese riceballs, cheeseteak strombolis and more

My Four Suns - Korean Fusion Foods

Chimney Cake Factory - Hungarian sweet and savory chimney cake pastry, freshly baked on site

Dump-N-Roll - The food you love, bite sized. Famous Chipotle Turkey Bacon Cheeseburger Wonton, Margherita Pizza Roll, Crab Mac and Cheese Egg Roll and traditional dumplings and spring rolls.

Five Sisters - National award winning pub-style burgers with assorted toppings. Whiskey Tango Sliders with whiskey glazed angus beef burgers topped with aged cheddar, onion blossoms, and bourbon BBQ sauce. Philly cheesesteaks loaded with assorted fillings, loaded french fries, mac n cheese cone- savory waffle cone loaded with gooey mac n cheese topped with bacon bbq sauce

The Guac Spot - Avocado-themed food items, primarily gourmet tacos & sliders covered in all-natural guacamole. We always have vegan options. Most popular items: Candied Apple Roast Pork Tacos, Vegan Black Bean & Quinoa Sliders, Chips & Guac (Vegan). We also make our own Avocado Ice Cream and Avocado Cannolis with Candied-Bacon ends

House of Cupcakes - Cupcakes, giant cookies, chipwich

Waffles & Wedges - Belgian Waffles, wedges and more with toppings galore. From scratch Liege waffles to potato wedges that are baked, not fried. Pretzel roll sandwiches, such as the Pbon and Philly Melt

Jersey Devil BBQ - Operated by a pit master and BBQ judge. All meats, baked beans and corn are smoked. Jersey devil barbecue foods are rich, tender, and bursting with flavor that you just can’t get from a grill.

^ We did the food truck event last year (or maybe the year before?). I don't recall anything special alcoholic drink-wise -- I think that's new this year? Unless it was a small beer tent --- i'm a cider and cocktail guy -- but there was a decent variety of food options and everything I ate was pretty good, though a bit pricey for the portions. My fiancee swears by and still talks about the GUAC SPOT truck, lol. Her favorite guacamole, and she loved the candied apple pork tacos. Mmmm.

Not bad for a Six Flags function, but don't go in expecting Brew & BBQ

Seriously though, I love when parks do stuff like this. It's always a good time.

So I'm scheming to go to the park (like 98% to take my sister on Kingda Ka; it's closer than Dragster), and I was thinking opening weekend as a surprise, but I was wondering what the crowds would be like and if everything would be open and running. Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Let's see...given that I would have to try the weird sh%t that I wouldn't be able to get anywhere around here, I would go with:

* An Aussie meat pie

* Meat and cheese rice ball

* Anything from the Korean Fusion truck

* The mac and cheese cone?

* Anything with guac, although Avocado Ice Cream? That just sounds all sorts of wrong, but I would still try it!

Can't wait to see the beer offerings!

From the newsroom:

Park to Host Final Job Fair Before Opening

Six Flags Great Adventure today announced that it is has raised the wages of key park positions for the 2018 season, which kicks off March 24. Jobs in culinary services, ride operations and park services (janitorial) begin at $10 to $10.50 per hour for day shift and $10.50 to $11.50 for night shift, an approximate $2 per hour increase over 2017.

“This wage increase is a demonstration of our commitment to being the employer of choice for central New Jersey,” said Christine Parker, Six Flags’ director of human resources and administration.

Recently named one of the Nation’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® by The National Association for Business Resources for the second year in a row, Six Flags offers a wide variety of positions and paid internships, and provides team members many benefits including advancement opportunities, reward and recognition programs, educational scholarships, free park admission, incentives from area businesses and much more.

New applicants can walk in to the Employment Center without an appointment during regular operating hours, or visit one of two spring job fairs. The park will host its final job fair prior to the March 24 season opening on March 11. New applicants are encouraged to visit www.sixflagsjobs.com to complete an online pre-employment application, and rehires can complete their online rehire packet.

Six Flags Spring Hiring Events

Job Fairs on March 11 and May 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. All new applicants are welcome. Six Flags Employment Center.

Employment Center Walk-Ins – Mondays to Fridays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. All rehires and new applicants are welcome.

Where to Apply:

Six Flags Great Adventure’s Employment Center located at 1 Six Flags Blvd., Jackson, NJ 08527. Enter via Employment Entrance approximately one mile west of main park entrance.

Available Positions:

Ride operations

Retail

Games

Park services

Culinary services

Admissions

Guest relations/VIP services

Market research

Loss prevention

Security

Landscaping

Safari guides

Lifeguards

Entertainment performers and show technical support

Accounting

Cash control

Corporate alliance brand ambassadors

Public relations

Human resources

• 2 weeks later...

This is super random and a long shot that any of you will know what I'm talking about, but...Shortly after El Toro opened there was filming done for I believe a Japanese TV show. Do any of you happen to have the final episode that came from that filming or a link to any of the footage online? This just randomly popped in to my head recently and I realized I never was able to track down that footage back then. Thanks!

Have the received any Tourbillion parts up there at SFGAdv yet. Here at SFOT, the parts are just sitting behind a fence waiting to be assembled, which they probably won't do for some time yet.

Parts have began to arrive and are sitting in the employee parking lot.

IMG_3351.thumb.jpg.ce46d32192b1e2b9d1a2898121c2e77b.jpg

^ Nice! These parts will probably just sit in the employee parking lot for another month before being assembled. I can't imagine it would take more than a day to put this thing together.

Below are the parts for Harley Quinn Spinsanity just sitting behind that fence here at SFOT. Heaven forbid they should try to put it together before another month goes by.

20180314_195719.thumb.jpg.5e3d1aded82a3216b997902111791d6c.jpg

Here are the parts for our Tourbillion here at SFOT just sitting there behind that fence.