TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Darnit. Visited the park twice, and never did Vekkula.

My loss. Hope the rebuild of it brings some new awesome effects.

29093219_ResizeofIMG_5982.JPG.0490995e02b26ae3d8e29aef27ecb384.JPG

Closest I got to Vekkula, was taking these shots of it. (Left side and Entry)

2134269252_ResizeofIMG_5982a.JPG.852e99d6671733910dc1a3b692229d35.JPG

(Right Side) TPR 2014 Scandi Tour.

• 3 months later...

The park has been quiet about the changes understandably but from the outside of the park it is visible that:

- Vonkaputous has now been nearly completely torn down.

- Some new construction around Tulireki has occured (maybe a new kiosk building to make way for developments)

- The Angry Birds playground next to Tulireki has been demolished as well (presumably to make way as well)

Vonkaputous is most likely going in favour of the theorized new coaster, but weirdly Linnanmäki hasn't said anything about removing it (although as discussed in the blackpool thread that might be for the better)

Let's just hope it's actually that S&S Triple Launch rather than that Maurer spike coaster

Edited by Rill'o'beily

- The Angry Birds playground next to Tulireki has been demolished as well (presumably to make way as well)

I nearly panicked that it was Särkänniemi's Angry Birds land being removed but it's actually Linnanmäki's. Phew!

That little playground has always been in a weirdo spot - I can see some sort of sheltered attraction in old photos of Tulireki, what was there previously? A bumper cars?

That little playground has always been in a weirdo spot - I can see some sort of sheltered attraction in old photos of Tulireki, what was there previously? A bumper cars?

Yep. Linnanmäki has some 40 year old kiddie bumper cars for kids under 140cm, which are now located in front of the magic circus ride. When Rainbow got removed they moved the kiddie bumper cars to rainbow's plot instead of next to Tulireki and they were there until Kingi started construction which is when they moved to their current spot.

TL;DR Yep there were some bumper cars there

Bummer. I really like these decent, themed fun houses especially as they're near impossible to find in the US. Now we seem to be losing them overseas as well!

Somehow, I missed this news over the summer. Hopefully, they follow through and build a new and improved one funhouse for 2019.

The CEO of Linnanmäki confirmed on a newspaper article yesterday that Vonkaputous is indeed being distmantled. She says "It's always challenging to let go of a ride because every ride has it's fanbase, but with a limited space it's necessary to remove something to allow room for updates. After all, guests also ask for constant improvement." She also reminds of technical difficulties and spare part accessibility for Vonkaputous.

However, no news yet about the replacement. "We will tell about them later in spring."

Link to original finnish article

26012018.thumb.jpg.01a5622ba3bc4cc438c0e783c04ce4d1.jpg

I went to see myself. This is how it looked. RIP Premied Rides liquid coaster lineup

• 1 month later...

Glad I got to ride it, back in 2009 and 2014 with TPR tours. I enjoyed it, especially the first visit, because it

really packed a walloping splashdown back then. The second visit, not as much "splash" at the end. It felt

tamer than before. But still a fun coaster. RIP-V.

1647920359_ResizeofIMG_6068b.JPG.519bb5b8ab5443504469e847f7483b85.JPG

Me and V, the 2014 TPR Scandi Tour. Big splashdown, but not as HUGE as it was in 2009.

W_02Linnanmaki_393rdCoasterVonkaputousWaterCoaster.jpg.3468a02357ca3ad9b07dc9aeba6f823d.jpg

In 2009, Vonkaputous was my 393rd coaster at the end of the Scandi Tour.

^^If the replacement (?) is as bada$$ as that teaser looks, color me excited!

While I'm not too disappointed about Vonkaputous (which I've never ridden) leaving, there is one little thing: I really like the name Vonkaputous.

The CEO of Linnanmäki confirmed on a newspaper article yesterday that Vonkaputous is indeed being distmantled.

Good. That ride was trash.

If only they also got rid of Tulireki and replaced it with either A: a new flat or B: an extra element or two for the new coaster or C: Really anything else except Tulireki

With public planning permission document there's a mentioned that ride will be 71 meters tall measured from the sea level. kirnu ( Intamin Zac Spin) is 66 meters. Drop might be big cause that the planned construction point where this 71 meters is measured is in the former valley of Vonkaputous water coaster.

But all the experts now to the front.. Can we say is it Mack or Intamin and what kind of elemet this truly is? Tophat? I tried to google and rcdb for recent top hat installations of both (Intamin & Mack) and they gave me no clear answer to whom ride this could be.. Of course there's a artistic style of PR-company that it is just the "track" and none of the reality..

Of course there's a artistic style of PR-company that it is just the "track" and none of the reality..

That 3D model of the track is too good to be a strictly artistic rendering. It appears to be a NoLimits simulation with one of the Intamin track styles (2-seat hyper coaster, rocket coaster). However, the shaping looks like it's supposed to be a Mack.

EDIT: Looking at recent examples, I'm now not sure. Perhaps it IS an Intamin. We'll eventually find out.