TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

Hmmm, an easy cash grab on nostalgia for stupid people that believe anything. I'll be back soon right after I re-create my 2 new gofundme on restoring Ellen's Energy Adventure and The Great Movie Ride. I'll set it to $10 mil to show I'm serious but as long as I make enough to cover my moving fees I'll be happy.

This place is great! Six months ago I didn't know B&M from Intamin, LSM from chain lift, cobra roll from Immelman...

And now I'm googling a character who rode the same ride every day at an amusement park in Ohio that closed more than ten years ago. Apparently Rotorman hangs out at a skating rink these days, BTW.

If Geauga Lake hadn't been shut down . . . you think Raging Wolf Bobs would have gotten the RMC treatment?

I think it'd depend on who owned the park, and what kind of condition the company was in. I could definitely see Six Flags RMCing it, if they could afford it. Not so with Cedar Fair, as they'd much rather have the RMC at Cedar Point.

Of course, they deleted my comment from the GoFundMe page since I wasn't blowing smoke up their ass!

$20 million? Why not ask for $500 trillion! Either way, it's NOT ever going to happen!

Oh, and the "brains" behind this scheme didn't even graduate from CCC, a local community college.

Yeah. It'll work!

As someone who works in this industry, I can tell you point blank that putting blanket numbers like that as a budget, even if they are estimates, is not how it's done. You have money that has to go into concept design, architecture / L-arch / civil eng / interior design / design visualization, construction, marketing...it is nowhere near as straightforward as the GoFundMe user is making it out to be, even if they are categorized as a "business".

As someone who works in this industry, I can tell you point blank that putting blanket numbers like that as a budget, even if they are estimates, is not how it's done. You have money that has to go into concept design, architecture / L-arch / civil eng / interior design / design visualization, construction, marketing...it is nowhere near as straightforward as the GoFundMe user is making it out to be, even if they are categorized as a "business".

Oh hey, the guy who started this GoFundMe has read your post and responded to it. Thought I'd share what he had to say:

25lru1.jpg

Seriously though, I wish them the best of luck. If it does so happen to work out I will gladly have a nice serving of humble pie, but call me skeptical.

Just think - for a "modest" $200.00 donation, you can have free admission for one entire year!

Seriously, where does this guy get these numbers? At the current pace of donations, he should have that $20 million in about 342 years!

Just think - for a "modest" $200.00 donation, you can have free admission for one entire year!

Ooh, that's much better than $210 for a Cedar Point Platinum Pass. Who wants to go an hour away and ride stuff that actually exists and will be operating in 2 months?

Once I get my bonus I'm donating $5,000 to get my name on a brick!

In more realistic news for anyone wanting some GL nostalgia. A local family fun park called Funtime Fun Park in Alliance, Ohio (Formerly the Caddie Shack http://caddieshackohio.com/ ) purchased and will reopen the GL Tilt-A-Whirl this summer. Anyone interested in mini-golf, go-karts, and a Tilt-A-Whirl should check them out. hope it's okay I posted the link, if not mods please delete

• 1 month later...