TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

^Then people would have complained about the lack of themeing in the loading area. I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Jesus Christ. This is why I'm not a member of any coaster clubs. I'm probably going to want to punch myself in the face when I go to my first ever enthusiast event, Coaster Campout at Cedar Point.

Whew, I feel like even just the announcement was a roller coaster of emotions for me personally. The opening speeches were great. It was awesome to hear Brad go through the inspiration and story of the ride again. As I've said many times before, that's what sets this place apart and is what I love about it.

So then I was thrown into some confusion and temporary let-down as the official SDC livestream guy wandered through the queue line, showing little more than blank walls and a couple of clocks before reaching the top level. AS IT TURNS OUT, he simply walked past a ton of theming THAT DOES IN FACT EXIST, but due to choppy service quality and the fact that he had the camera pointed on himself the whole time the viewer does not see it at all. I haven't had a chance to watch the TPR coverage yet, but I'll bet you guys show it off better. I was seriously thinking the station building was basically empty at first, and it turns out there's a lot of cool stuff!

The spinning gears in the loading deck and the spinning sign are amazing!

It sounds like the ride is a huge hit as well!

The official SDC page on Facebook posted a no-crowd walk-through of the whole queue. I'd say the theming is at least on par with Wildfire.

I am loving EVERYTHING about this coaster. Not just the coaster, but the renovations to Valley Road and the awesome merch (the FB page posted pics of the inside of the new shop) and the excellent costumes on the ride operators... This stuff is right up my alley aesthetic/theme-wise. I love steampunk/clockpunk!

Wait wait wait... So you're saying you actually have to experience the ride and see the themeing in person to get a true perspective? How bizarre.

Lol, yeah, crazy I know. After 13 years of discussing this stuff on here I probably should know that by now, but the whole live stream experience threw me off. Shoulda gone with the TPR stream.

^Then people would have complained about the lack of themeing in the loading area. I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Jesus Christ. This is why I'm not a member of any coaster clubs. I'm probably going to want to punch myself in the face when I go to my first ever enthusiast event, Coaster Campout at Cedar Point.

Don't worry, If you go to an enthusiast event you wont have to stick with the group if you don't want to and it is pretty easy to sniff out those who need to be avoided even at 7am.

Don't worry, If you go to an enthusiast event you wont have to stick with the group if you don't want to and it is pretty easy to sniff out those who need to be avoided even at 7am.

^ And if it's a hot day, certainly by noon time.

TT looks AMAZING - can't wait to ride it in May!!

Congrats to Robb too!

What a day to be super busy at work. Just catching up on all this. Awesome, Robb, to get a shout out from the park. Love the offride video too.

I would say I can't believe people are already complaining about this, but after 6 years on a theme park forum...I can. I totally can.

I would say I can't believe people are already complaining about this, but after 6 years on a theme park forum...I can. I totally can.

and what I find so amusing are those complaining about how "slow" it looks.

I hear that comment a LOT while at Fiesta Texas in line for Poltergeist. . . trust me, that ride does *not* feel slow, you can't judge it from a video, or off-ride viewing.

I'll bet this thing is hella fun, and can't wait to someday ride it.

I think the small amount of people complaining that it's slow are doing so because they wanted a more thrilling ride which is NOT what SDC wants. They're a family park first, and the ride has to at least appeal to a goodly amount of people. The spinning is already going to put people off, but the slower controlled nature of the ride may make more people comfortable with riding.

Also, it was in the 30's this morning while all of this filming was happening...the ride could certainly speed up during the summer!

I think the small amount of people complaining that it's slow are doing so because they wanted a more thrilling ride which is NOT what SDC wants. They're a family park first, and the ride has to at least appeal to a goodly amount of people. The spinning is already going to put people off, but the slower controlled nature of the ride may make more people comfortable with riding.

Also, it was in the 30's this morning while all of this filming was happening...the ride could certainly speed up during the summer!

Based on Robb's POV in twitter feed, the speed actually looks perfect. . perfect speed for the spinning, and the spinning during the launch??

wow.

looks so good.

Its clear to me how few people commenting here have been on Cobra’s Curse. The slow parts were some of the best parts; the overbanks allow for some awesome hangtime facing downwards. I myself am really excited for the overbanks on this ride as they’re massively tall (especially the one after the second launch) and they’re taken very slowly.

Count me in with those happy its not super spinny, even though I won't be @ this park anytime soon. The coolest thing about this is that you'll get a different ride every single time, and there's lots of opportunities for interesting sensations.

I think it looks awesome! Thanks Robb for the excellent coverage!

And I have to say just how completely and totally surprised I am that roller coaster enthusiasts are complaining that it doesn't look fast/intense enough.

I've never been on Cobra's Curse, but Monster at Adventureland in Iowa also takes some of its elements very slowly, and it really adds to the experience! I like that this doesn't spin as much, so a wider variety of people can enjoy it without having to worry about losing their lunch.

I had reservations about the concept, but Time Traveler just looks great. I love the trains, unique experiences every time, original layout, and even the controlled spin, which should allow a Dramamine user like me to enjoy this some day. Awesome! It looks like Mack and SDC have a hit. Great coverage and POVs, Robb!

Just got home from SFOT and saw the POV vid. I'm glad it doesn't spin as much as I thought it would. I can ride, just not a big fan of spins. As far as the speed, we all know things are much faster when you're on it. I'm new here but can someone tell me if Robb does write ups and gives his opinions on new rides?

Hmm, I have a 4K equipped computer and the 4K option is not appearing for me. Nonetheless, great video.

It may not be processed yet. Sometimes YouTube can take a loooooong time to process the 4K version. I just double checked with the video upload and the format IS 4K60 so give it some time...