TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

That indoor waterpark looks like a very interesting addition to the branson area. If the waterslides shown in the concept art are actually built, it looks like it will be a very unique addition for this region.

Speaking of another addition to the branson area, America's Fun Park or whatever they're calling themselves have announced their roller coaster for this year on Facebook. Man, Time Traveler is certainly going to have some hard competition for the best new Branson coaster of 2019 .Here is The Groovy Train, an interpark super cyclone it looks like. Odd name thats for sure. I wonder if its new or used? Either way, these 2 car train versions are actually quite fun in the back row on the drops. They also have shown off their sign for the strip. Looks a lot more permanent than this park will be.

https://www.facebook.com/americasfunpark/

938036008_AmericasFunParkRollerCoaster.jpg.6194ef231578de3f46f80840934bbe5d.jpg

Wow, I really didn't think they would pull off a coaster, but that will be a good fit for them. Has anyone been by the property? Are they building any permanent structures such as bathrooms, or is it just going to be completely fair style? The fact that they are making a big permanent sign is a good... sign.

The new water park/white water course is a whole different league though. That is seriously a huge game-changing proposal, and I will be watching closely for news about the meeting tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm with you there. I was already interested in the indoor water park, but white water rafting is genuinely exciting. The Ozarks draws outdoor enthusiasts, so this is a very good fit for the area. I can totally see this being the thing that sells some people on a Branson vacation.

Wow, how Branson has changed in the last five years. It's gone from a place chasing a dying clientele year after year to a place that's actually forward thinking. I'm impressed.

Wow, I really didn't think they would pull off a coaster, but that will be a good fit for them. Has anyone been by the property? Are they building any permanent structures such as bathrooms, or is it just going to be completely fair style? The fact that they are making a big permanent sign is a good... sign.

The new water park/white water course is a whole different league though. That is seriously a huge game-changing proposal, and I will be watching closely for news about the meeting tomorrow.

(To the sign part)

I'm sure they will have a couple of permanent facilities. At least three buildings I think: one for an arcade, one for a bathroom, and one for a restaurant. And I wasn't expecting a coaster either. I thought it'd strictly be flat rides.

I wonder what the water park will mean for White Water. I wonder if they are going to start adding more additions. Before capsule slides in 2014, the last new water slide was in 2007 with the slide tower by the road. Though I don't see how they could expand, they only sit on thirteen acres and they are completely land locked.

(To the sign part)

I'm sure they will have a couple of permanent facilities. At least three buildings I think: one for an arcade, one for a bathroom, and one for a restaurant. And I wasn't expecting a coaster either. I thought it'd strictly be flat rides.

I wonder what the water park will mean for White Water. I wonder if they are going to start adding more additions. Before capsule slides in 2014, the last new water slide was in 2007 with the slide tower by the road. Though I don't see how they could expand, they only sit on thirteen acres and they are completely land locked.

Yeah, I'm with you there. I was already interested in the indoor water park, but white water rafting is genuinely exciting. The Ozarks draws outdoor enthusiasts, so this is a very good fit for the area. I can totally see this being the thing that sells some people on a Branson vacation.

Wow, how Branson has changed in the last five years. It's gone from a place chasing a dying clientele year after year to a place that's actually forward thinking. I'm impressed.

It's fantastic, some of us have been stating the ideal Ness of this for some time, the streams get low come July and this will get quite some use by enthusiasts. I've researched the mentioned park in North Carolina before, they can crank the flow from beginner to Class 5. Lots of Cities are turning creeks and drainage streams into courses as well.

Hi Guys

Taking the family down to Branson over Easter and was wondering if there was any type of local discount for Silver Dollar City. I know about the Thursday special along with the after 3 deal. Anything else to look for?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Keep in mind that SDC is closed Easter Sunday, April 1. The after 3 on Friday, all day Saturday is probably your best deal. In past years, the Branson ticket place on 65 offered 2 days for the price of 1, but it's closed now and became a family style restaurant. I think it's safe to say that discount is gone, as that place was the only one offering it to my knowledge. If you're going to stay 2 full days or longer, just get a season pass. They're $85 for an adult and offer 10% off restaurants and merchandise.

^^ Have you already booked the hotel you will be staying at?

We just got a pretty sweet deal on lodging through the SDC website that includes 2-2 day tix, plus 2 Titanic tickets and 3 nights accommodations for less than $500. Their website is pretty sweet and you can pretty much make up any package that fits for you and your family...I was certainly impressed.

I imagine that Easter weekend might be a little more than that, but given that it's still early in the season, maybe not?

^^ Have you already booked the hotel you will be staying at?

We just got a pretty sweet deal on lodging through the SDC website that includes 2-2 day tix, plus 2 Titanic tickets and 3 nights accommodations for less than $500. Their website is pretty sweet and you can pretty much make up any package that fits for you and your family...I was certainly impressed.

I imagine that Easter weekend might be a little more than that, but given that it's still early in the season, maybe not?

Yeah we have a time share at Holiday Hills that we will be staying at for the weekend. They usually have some type of deal but force you to go through a 3 or so hour sales pitch. Was looking for other type of deals. I may end up getting season tickets as that seems to be the best deal right now.

Thanks for the info

Going to SDC opening weekend. There appears to be a 2 day ticket option on the reservebranson.com website. The price is something like $70.00 or so. Has anyone gone this route? Is it recommended? I know the season passes aren't much more, but we live near Dallas and this will be our one and only trip there this year. Plus there are 4 of us so any way we can save $ is a big deal.

Got my exclusive opening day ticket for Time Traveler. Looks like I will be one of the first few groups of people riding it on Weds morning. Its gonna be crazy!

Last I checked you can still buy ERT tickets for $25 valid for that day. HERE

Hi guys, in need of some recomendations for the park. Myself and two other friends are excited to be visitnig the park for the first time, and we got the ERT for TT before the park opens.

Where would be a good place to eat inside the park, get souvenirs, and does the park have Wifi?

I often recommend the skillets to first time visitors, as they're the most unique. You can go anywhere, though; there's no bad food. Read a menu and go to what catches your eye.

For souvenirs, depends on what you're looking for. The shops feature more crafts than your typical theme park stuff. If you want to buy something like glass or pottery, have it sent to the pickup location in Ozark Marketplace. You'll exit the park through there at the end of the day, so it's easy and you don't have to lug anything around or potentially break it.

No public wifi, or at least they haven't so far and they haven't advertised that they are getting it. I think they will at some point as it's becoming pretty much standard, but those hills have got to be tough to get adequate coverage.

https://blog.silverdollarcity.com/article/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-opening-day

New blog post today describing the new area, with menus for the new and/or expanded restaurants.

The brand-new Traveler’s Stop restaurant serving up delicious fried chicken sandwiches and gourmet grilled cheeses, while guest favorite Buckshot’s Skillet Cookery moved into a new building across the street and will debut an expanded menu. Hatfield’s Tater Patch is still serving up their signature calico potatoes, but the restaurant will have a fresh new look. We’ve also built a new guest outdoor seating area with expanded capacity, giving you more room to relax and enjoy your lunches and dinners.

You’ll also have the chance to explore three new shops on Valley Road. Time Traders is your one-stop shop for Time Traveler souvenirs, while Emmaline’s Dress-Up Emporium features a wide range of costumes that will inspire little adventurers to take a journey into their imagination. And be sure to swing by Casey’s Dugout, featuring a wide range of baseball-themed apparel, souvenirs and home décor.

Not only is Andrew incredibly knowledgeable about SDC, but I'm jealous about hearing the pride he has for his home park... F-U SFSTL

As far as the souvenirs go, Emily and I picked up a bottle opener from the metal shop where the gifts were forged on sight, years ago. That thing opened bottles like a champ. It had a very simple design, but it was incredibly rigid. They had a lot of cool stuff in that shop.

Unfortunately, we lost the bottle opener somewhere over the summer. Now we're more frequently forced to use the bottle opener on the collar of our dog, Greg. At least he's good for something.