Tivoli Gardens Discussion Thread

Page 15: new ride announcements for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Tivoli Gardens Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:29 pm

^ I totally agree with this. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:02 am

viking86 wrote:Tivoli Gardens have announced VR for Dæmonen this season. It will be an optional upcharge addition costing 25,- DKK

| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:24 am

^ How did the VR for that work out? Anybody?

In the mean time... (from Screamscape)

2018 - 175th Anniversary / Jubilee Parade - (11/10/17) In 2018 the famous Tivoli Gardens park in Copenhagen will celebrate its 175th anniversary with a "Jubilee Parade," and as part of the celebration, Walt Disney World will actually help the park celebrate by contributing designs for a custom parade float called "Friendship Garden," themed to Disney's own "it's a small world" attraction. The reason is that Walt Disney was quite fond of Tivoli Gardens, and visited it quite often to find inspiration to design his very own theme park. To that end, Disney is more than happy to help Tivoli celebrate such a major milestone achievement.

That's great, with Tivoli and Disney working together on something.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:50 am

Nrthwnd wrote:^ How did the VR for that work out? Anybody?

Eeeeehhhh from my experience doesn't seem to have been all that popular. Never saw many people use it (likely because there was a fairly high upcharge) and the VR made me feel a bit nauseous.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:13 pm

As Tivoli Gardens opens for its 175th season in 2018, a new spinning ride will replace Snureetoppen, (Huss Breakdance). The new ride named Tik Tak, is a Mondial Shake R5). The Shake R5 model is more common on the fair circuit than in amusement parks. The press release is linked and attached below

https://www.tivoligardens.com/en/om/presse/pressemeddelelser/2018/snurretoppens+afloeser+i+tivoli

Tik Tak, Tivoli's new ride for 2018 is Dutch

Tivoli's new ride in its 175-year jubilee year will be named Tik Tak. It has been manufactured by Dutch company Mondial (Shake R5) and replaces the Spinning Top ride (Breakdance, from Huss), which carried almost 14 million visitors during its 29 years in Tivoli. Tik Tak opens on 24 March 2018.

From 24 March, visitors to Tivoli can try out a new ride which will entertain both thrill-seekers and families with children. As with all Tivoli rides, Tik Tak's design was created especially for the style-conscious amusement park by Tivoli's in-house design department. The design theme is similar to that of the Star Flyer and Aquila in the area known as the Merry Corner, which is strongly inspired by the idea of a journey of discovery, whether in the stars, in the world of science or in time.

When visitors board Tik Tak, they will sit among gears, gadgets and ingenious mechanisms, ready for a journey through space and time. In this time travel ride, our securely seated visitors glide – although some may feel more as if they are thrown – through time. Dizziness is almost guaranteed once the giant clockwork mechanism starts swinging.
Visitors are rotated both vertically and horizontally at high speed, while being exposed to forces approaching 4G. The ride has a capacity of up to 750 visitors per hour.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Here is an example of the latest iteration of the Mondial Shake on the fair circuit...

Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:28 pm

Mondial Shake in a theme park, awesome! They're one of my top flat rides. While it'd be nice if Breakdances were a little more common, this is a worthwhile upgrade in my book, if it's run the way I'd hope it is.

Edit: the above video has instigated some serious reflection with regards to my life decisions up to this point, specifically why none of them have led to my attendance at even one (1) European fair.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:06 pm

this was on Screamscape.com...

Park News - (8/15/18) Happy Birthday wishes to Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen today! If you can believe it, Tivoli turns 175 years old today after opening way back in 1843. That certainly is an event worth celebrating with the reverence as Tivoli is essentially the grandfather of all theme parks and even served as the inspiration to Walt Disney when he first began his plans to build Disneyland.

:airtime: :airtimer:
happybirthdaybeer.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:52 am

Tik Tak opened to the public today and Tivoli has posted a video on facebook. The theming for this ride looks spectacular! Look at that nighttime shot! :omg:

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:45 am

It looks like Extasy now has some competition for the title of "best-looking permanent flat ride at night". The gears of a clock are the perfect theme for this kind of ride too!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!