TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Just announced, that the (usual) big New Year's Eve (televised) concerts in Ottawa (Canada's capital) are cancelled,

because of the extreme cold temps. that will happen that evening. The countdown and fireworks will still happen,

but no big concert, .

Better to be safe, I know. Still.... hmmmmph.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand the environmental impact humans have had on planet Earth. However, it bothers me that the people I see scream the loudest fall into one of two categories:

1) Celebrities who have promoted and fueled mass consumerism from mass production, thus destroying the environment.

2) People who have houses full of 3, 4, 5, children, thus breeding more consumerism, overpopulation, and the necessity to exploit Earth's resources in one way or another.

Hello, lovely people that think they know how to drive cars in California.

A ramp meter is NOT a stop sign - you are not allowed to go forward until the light turns green. If you go before the light turns green, and then get caught up in traffic and complain about it, keep in mind that YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

• 1 month later...

I have a pinched nerve in my neck that has caused pain, tingling and numbness in my hands, arms, neck back and chest for months now - it suuuuckkks!

Been to a chiropractor three times, and while it helps for a little while, it just keeps coming back. I think it's from sitting in front of a computer all day at work and being on the phone constantly. Even with bluetooth, it just ain't fun anymore.

Damn it, I need some f&cking coaster therapy.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Sorry to hear that, Zach - that really sucks when you're making the attempt to save for your retirement and they just take more away. I started a traditional IRA last July and contemplated a Roth and decided against it. Glad that I decided not to now as I didn't quite as hosed this year on my taxes than I usually do.

Oh, and I almost forgot to rant...it's fuc%ing snowing here again....aaaaaarrrggghhhh!

• 2 weeks later...

To the choir of teenage girls behind me at the concert last night, you could not sing. We all came for the main act, so don't scream over the singing. You probably woke up without a voice this morning and negatively impacted everyone's enjoyment around you at the concert.

I also found it disgusting how the audience would automatically cheer at anything the singer said. Demi Lovato was trying to tell a heartfelt tale about her father.

"My father died"

How is that appropriate?

The audience is why I don't go to concerts often. That and the cost.

• 2 weeks later...

My stupid cedar point fork video has over 150 views in only four days (hey, that's a lot for me :-P). When I make a legitimate video that I put a lot of work into, they never get views that quickly, lol. The quality of my videos have a reverse curve with the numbers of views they get, it seems. Some of my least favorites have thousands of views.

Also: when searching YouTube today i was just reminded of some a-hole "coastermanTB" on YouTube who stole a bunch of my videos and removed my copyright pages about 9 years ago, and in his descriptions and comments made it sound like he filmed them. One video alone got over 250,000 views. Wtf? When I tried to fight YouTube with a copyright claim at the time they said I didn't have sufficient proof it was actually my video. Still have several of my videos out there under his name. Ugh.

Last night, I made it to the final question on HQTrivia. Last question was on Android systems - "Which one is not an Android OS?" Rikki has always had Androids, so I turned to her for the answer, and she blanked. I guessed wrong. Could've had $1.95!

Grrrr...

My work schedule for the next couple weeks.

Tues 04/17: 5p-5a (time and a half overtime)

Wed 04/18: 3p-130a

Thur 04/19: 3p-130a

Fri 04/20: 5p-330a

Sat 04/21: 5p-330a

Sun 04/22: 6p-6a (time and a half overtime)

Mon 04/23 - 21 hour day off...

Tues 04/24: 3p-130a

Wed 04/25: 3p-130a

Thu 04/26: 3p-130a

Fri 04/27: 5p-330a

My non-OT jobs are my regular 'Street Crimes Unit' assignment of not being bothered by routine calls for service and instead we go into the hornets nest and make good proactive traffic stops and arrests. We work directly with our narcotic division. These are risky, but good times. My current position is awesome.

My two 12 hour OT shifts I have to cover a district, answer routine calls for service, and take reports. Traffic crashes, theft reports, burglaries, fight calls, domestics, etc. It makes me realize how spoiled I am in my current position. I'll be tapped out by Saturday, 04/28, but it will make time fly by to get closer to Coaster Campout next month.

Wish me luck.

^ I don't have a rant, but a THANK YOU for what you and others around the world do.

Keeping the peace and protecting the innocent. You could not pay me enough to do what you do.

It's a tough schedule you got there, but I know you'll be up to the challenge and will be great at it!

Luck Wished.

^^ I echo what Bill said...THANK YOU for everything that you do to keep our cities safe!

That is a downright grueling schedule for you...I guess that I have no right to complain about my 7-3:00 PM office/desk job then?

In terms of ranting, I CAN bitch about the fact that it's frigging snowing here on April 16th in Western NY!

Thanks guys. The schedule is only grueling right now, because I did it to myself. The OT is nice and the 4-5 shifts I've taken over the last couple of weeks should pay for most of our skip the line passes this year! The next couple of weeks are going to be brutal, but it will be worth it.

^ By the way - when April 23rd rolls around ~ DO NOT ENTER THIS SITE!

Do something else, ride something else, eat something else. But no TPR visit!

Re-visit us later. We'll still be here, bitching and whining as usual.

worked my ass off yesterday to get back on my healthy eating plan.. . any time I had munchies during the day I ate fruit.

made us a healthy dinner, and did a 45 minute walk.

and then the Next Door neighbor rang the doorbell at 8pm, to bring us over two pieces of chocolate cake that she had made for her spouse's partner (he's a paramedic).

yeah.. so the day ended with a poor eating choice, as i have very little self control.

There's video running around now, that shows the police entering Prince's home, and finding him, dead.

That's just wrong, to me. And super creepy for any body to watch. IMHO. And no, I did not watch it.

^ I was appalled when I learned that TMZ decided to release the call of Chester Bennington's 911 call. Even for TMZ, I thought it was a new low. It's sad how groundless our society is. Further, it's sad that our society doesn't seem eager to change.

Edited by ABW

It's been an absolute crappy time, with all the violence (guns, vehicles) and carnage that's been going on in North America.

Thoughts and blessings go out to ALL the victims' families of ALL these horrific events.