TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2018 Tours - Limited Spots Open - Apply Now!

I would love to do the tour in Japan. That is a dream trip for the wife and I. Unfortunately we aren't in a place with how young our kids are to do that right now. I hope everyone has an awesome time and that no entitled assholes slip through the cracks and ruin future trips.

Ape has said pretty much everything I could say about this. My wife, kids and I would love to join, ESPECIALLY the Japan trip as none of us have ever been but have been dreaming about it for years... but right now isn't the best time either financially or with our youngest. I hope both of these trips go well for you, Robb, and that nothing happens to discourage you from doing it again in the future.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know in the past you opened up a couple of the parks to others for a single day thing (I went on the Knoebels day of the East tour a few years ago) any idea if such a thing would happen again?

giphy.gif

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST

3. We are unable to "part out" any days of the trip or have you "meet-up" if you only want to join for a day or two. This creates a crazy amount of work and hassle for us and it's just not something we will do anymore. Sorry, this is the entire tour or nothing.

Edited by robbalvey

I am very happy to see that you guys are opening up a few spots on your tours. I really hope no one f**ks it up. I've always been interested in joining one of these, but I still do not have the income to join this year. Hoping next year or the year after I will, and if you are still opening up spaces on a tour, I would definitely be interested!

Hope you find respectful, responsible people to join this year's tours, and I look forward to seeing the pictures!

I would love to be able to do a huge tour with TPR, but my work schedule doesn’t allow me to be able to take off that much time. However it would be cool to meet up with y’all at Carowinds during your trip, my son and I had a blast with y’all at Kings Island during Banshee Bash...

Keep up the great work TPR!!

Ashley Hancock

I know in the past you opened up a couple of the parks to others for a single day thing (I went on the Knoebels day of the East tour a few years ago) any idea if such a thing would happen again?

giphy.gif

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST

3. We are unable to "part out" any days of the trip or have you "meet-up" if you only want to join for a day or two. This creates a crazy amount of work and hassle for us and it's just not something we will do anymore. Sorry, this is the entire tour or nothing.

Ah my apologies. I did read it, the problem is I just have a case of the dumb. I thought I read that as in people on the trip would not be able to choose certain days or not, which doesn't make sense anyway. Ah the dangers of skim reading. My bad.

Thanks!

I've always been kinda interested in doing a TPR trip. But unfortunately, I can't do it this year due to some circumstances I really need to take care of. I hope there'll be another opportunity in the future, because It'd be cool to try out a TPR trip. I wish you guys the best of luck and have a great trip!

And by the way .... If $4000(US) is the top price (subject to change, of course) for two weeks in Japan....DO IT!

That is an INCREDIBLY AWESOME price for wonderful hotels, park admissions, transport, a few meals here and there,

and other amazing stuff only Robb and Elissa could come up with, within the tour. And a RAIL PASS, too!!!

And definitely try to plan extra personal touring days in Japan on either side of the tour.

It will be so worth it, if you can do it.

If I didn't have other plans for the next couple of years, I would be so ON this tour ASAP!

906148446_ResizeofIMG_2761.JPG.0775847c27114efe2f6554904f5839e3.JPG

Me, Elissa & Robb, and David. Shopping, of course. The TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

Robb & Elissa,

Hopefully, this message finds you well.

First and foremost, THANK YOU for doing what you do. One can only imagine the amount of work it takes to put a road trip for fourty plus members together. I sincerely appreciate that you are once again offering the raod trips that many people (myself included) love, and have soarly missed. The level of detail that the two of you put into building and offering to TPR members, is nothing short of amazing.

Some of my fondest memories were made on TPR road trips. Let me share a couple of my tasty memories, the warm glased cinnamon bread from Silver Dollar City, the cast iron skillet meals, and throwed rolls at Lambert's Cafe... And, did I forget to mention the add-ons? YES, plural. In addition to the AWESOME line-up of theme parks we would be visiting. TPR offered it's members an add-on trip to the World Famous Schlitterbahn water park, and arranged to have the park opened early, exclusively for TPR members, and a visit to City Museum, (Those who have been there know what I'm talking about). #tprrocks!

As for the naysayers, TPR trips are not for everyone... Know thyself. Sure, there can be attraction maintenance, unexpected down times, even weather issues, but outliars aside, a TPR Roadtrip, is an unforgettable experience.

I have LONGED to experience one of the BIG international TPR trips. Unfortunitly, paying tuition at Columbia University, in the city of New York has not allowed me to do so. Although, having said that, a BIG international TPR trip would be an EPIC way to celebrate my graduation in 2019. So... Please see this post as a request, and hopefully, a VERY early pre-approved application as well.

In the meantime I am definitly interested in the TPR USA trip being offered this upcoming summer (provided that their is still space available). PLEASE, let their be space available.

With that said, please keep the excitement coming.

Sean ~

And by the way .... If $4000(US) is the top price (subject to change, of course) for two weeks in Japan....DO IT!

That is an INCREDIBLY AWESOME price for wonderful hotels, park admissions, transport, a few meals here and there,

and other amazing stuff only Robb and Elissa could come up with, within the tour. And a RAIL PASS, too!!!

And definitely try to plan extra personal touring days in Japan on either side of the tour.

It will be so worth it, if you can do it.

If I didn't have other plans for the next couple of years, I would be so ON this tour ASAP!

It's a fantastic price. I have priced out a Japan trip the last year. To think of all the places TPR Is taking you (not just theme parks which is a great idea), hotels, food and a full time EXPERT tour guide to handle everything Japanese, there really is no other way!

I can't make it, mostly due to a family cruise at the same time, so I'll have to shoot for a Beauty and the Beast Land visit in the future! My wife will love that.

For anyone on the fence, that's a fantastic price range for that itinerary in Japan. If I actually had that much money in the bank I would jump on that in a heartbeat. Maybe one day I can apply for 2020 or whenever the new TDL hotness is opening.

We usually go every 18 months!

^ So, the next two trips to Japan are: Beginning of 2020...and the Middle of 2021? ...

Just me being me. Forgive me Alveys, for I have TokyoDisney-sinned,

Actually, I just figured it out. We'll see you guys in Japan in....2024.

...And Hong Kong Disneyland, too.

Oh my! Japan sounds amazing! I will have to hold off for this summer because of making a move (finally) into a place with my partner. However, there is always the future.

Robb, I appreciate you opening up the trips to more people. I can totally understand why you guys make them very selective. I have been on two trips and people LOVE to complain. I think what you guys came up with during my trips when weather got in the way was amazing! I loved the carousal museum and getting a good amount of time at Niagara Falls.

If you have never been on a TPR trip you're missing out! Even if its parks you been to.

Great to hear you are opening the trips back up to more people. The Japan trip sounds awesome! Unfortunately I can't get that time off for work this year. Hopefully I can catch you again sometime this year. (It was great to meet you in person when you were at the Gatekeeper media day several years back.) Thanks for everything you do Robb. I hope the experiment goes well.

This is really amazing.

Been a member of the community for a long while, though I've become pretty inactive on the forums over the past couple of years. I remember being, like thirteen, and drooling over the chance to go on one of your tours! This year probably won't be the year for me, but I'm so excited that you're opening these back up a little more.

I hope the experience is a good one, and I hope to tag along with one of your tours maybe in 2019.

As much as I'd loved to participate, the timing just doesn't work out for us this year, as we're getting married in mid-July. Hopefully everything goes well for you guys so future opportunities may still exist!

I was on the Midwest Tour in 2013. I witnessed some really bad behavior at that time. I do understand and agree with Robb's position on the tours he provides. I, myself, had an incident and am glad that I wasn't tossed off the tour. But everything worked out for the better.

I hope I am chosen for a position! Growing up a little more can make a difference...more relaxing on attitude!

Please please do this in 2019, I would absolutely love to be a part of the US tour. Just wish I have the money for it this year I would apply in a heartbeat.

If everyone behaves themselves and I don't have to post rants on my personal Facebook page about stupid things people did on our tours, you bet we will do it again in 2019!

I wouldn't hold your breath.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear that you guys are back (or at least considering going back) to tours!!!! As much as I would love to apply for one, I think it would be trying to stretch our vacation time a bit thin. I'd hate to apply and get accepted to then not be able to go... That wouldn't be good for anyone involved!! So instead we will patiently wait until the time is right, and we can make a tour happen!

I look forward to all the awesome TR's that will come from these tours!! Thanks Robb for all you guys do for everyone!