TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sesame Place Discussion Thread

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its first wooden-steel hybrid coaster

So can we talk about this? I asked in my post earlier but it hasn't been brought up since. I guess the supports will be steel with wood track/catwalks/etc? From the rendering it sure looks like the track is wood. I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot.

Ugh... I'm so torn on this place. It's nearby, we have a Season Pass to Busch / SeaWorld parks, I'll definitely drive by it from time to time and now they have two perfectly respectable looking coasters but it's f*cking Sesame Place and we're two grown a** adults so I've never been there.

I feel like now we just need to bite the bullet and go for it, then never speak of this again.

Dude. Make it a kiddie park weekend. Do Sesame and Dutch Wonderland. In fact, throw Story Book Land in there, pretty sure there's a wacky worm lol. Would make for an epic addition to the "Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports Land"!

So can we talk about this? I asked in my post earlier but it hasn't been brought up since. I guess the supports will be steel with wood track/catwalks/etc? From the rendering it sure looks like the track is wood. I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot.

Yes. Wood track, steel structure. Painted in green.

2017-09-21_002752.jpg.b5ac8bd7383393aa17ab533e45163935.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As time goes by I find myself more excited about this ride. I know its small and isnt gonna set the world on fire but for one I still haven't been to Sesame Place (for obvious reasons) and its really, really close to me - this finally gives me an excuse to get over there. On top of that I have never ridden a Gravity Group and I'm stoked its not such a tiny thing that I have to be embarrassed riding it. Also, my nephew, who will be 5 this year, will likely love this thing and I can't wait for him to ride it to see what he thinks. It's big for him, but not too big, as he's only done kiddie coasters and RMT @ GreatAdv. The cherry on top is that we got BGW Platinum Passes this year so it won't cost me anything to visit.