TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

This is definitely sad to hear. I was bummed to see it closed for my visit to Blackpool last year since it received rave reviews and was an extremely rare ride.

It didn't appear to take up much in terms of space so it'll be interesting to see what goes in to replace it in the future.

This is definitely sad to hear. I was bummed to see it closed for my visit to Blackpool last year since it received rave reviews and was an extremely rare ride.

I was sorta thinking about how lucky you were that you squeaked in a ride last year, but I guess I forgot that you hadn't ridden it. I guess we're in the same (Valhalla) boat, except I haven't been to Blackpool at all.

Definitely was the ride I was most excited to ride on my first visit in early August...it was closed then. So I've no idea when its actual last day of operation was...

But Valhalla made up for it in spades and next year they'll actually be getting a wonderful, re-rideable steel coaster which is exactly what they need in their line-up of mostly rough older coasters. I wish this park the absolute best and this is WAY more understandable than Dragons' removal.

Can't really blame them, it's funny looking at how many comments posted on FB tend to be people who feel the park have let down "the roller coaster community" like the park somehow owes what is probably a very small group who make a small contribution to the park. Especially since most of those people tend to go in with season passes, don't really spend in the park on q passes or merchandise. and then eat outside on the seafront.

Just heard the bad news but it's not really a suprise, the ride always felt really dangerous and ready to fall apart at a moment's notice. Quite gutted as I rode the ride quite a few times and it was the first coaster that I ride with my wife some 13 years ago. Has anyone got a video of it being dismantled?

I don't care about them letting down the coaster community, I just care that they got rid of another killer ride who's footprint is such that there's no high capacity alternative staring them in the face. The reasons I liked Blackpool as much as I did 15 years ago are pretty much all gone now, so if its now just Morey's with bad teeth and less charm, why bother to make that trek again?

I don't care about them letting down the coaster community, I just care that they got rid of another killer ride who's footprint is such that there's no high capacity alternative staring them in the face. The reasons I liked Blackpool as much as I did 15 years ago are pretty much all gone now, so if its now just Morey's with bad teeth and less charm, why bother to make that trek again?

Even with the Mouse down for my visit, I still had a great time. Their collection of dark rides, wooden coasters, and Valhalla is top notch. And then they also have a hyper to boot.

Maybe a free fly or Sky Rocket II could fit in that space?

^A free fly is to long to fit in the area, and they aren't getting a Sky Rocket II. They've just bought Icon. I am betting on a swinging pendulum-style flat ride in Wild Mouse's spot for 2020, as they seem to invest in a new attraction around every 2 years.

For past reference, 2011 was Nickelodeon Land, 2013 was Wallace and Gromit T.O.M, 2015 was Sky Force, 2018 will be Icon (3 year difference but it is a larger investment), so a new ride in 2020 would make sense.

...so when will Playland(PNE) have it transported to their park?

Fixed.

(We used to have a pretty rickety scary old Wild Mouse. But that got taken down

and replaced with the current West Coast Wheel. Not a great replacement, really.)

wild-mouse1.jpg.782cd9774647ef69eea30b7e586e8e08.jpg

Photo from www.joyrides.com ~ R.I.P. Wild Mous

Even with the Mouse down for my visit, I still had a great time. Their collection of dark rides, wooden coasters, and Valhalla is top notch. And then they also have a hyper to boot.

Is it probably a bad park now? Nah. Did it lose a bunch of stuff that I used to really like? Yeah. Did they actually bother to replace those things? Not always, and sometimes when they did it was with crap like the old TraumaTizer. I can't sit here and tell you about all the really awesome coasters they built and how at least I can get a bunch of credits because until Icon, they were getting new coasters at the same rate as Michigan's Adventure.

Very saddened to hear about the sudden removal of Wild Mouse. I understand the logic of why they decided to remove the ride, but it still bums me out and was hoping to get to BPB soon and ride it.

I visited Blackpool Pleasure Beach many, many moons ago, and there is nothing that quite has the 'feel' of a British seaside pleasure beach! Of course, I'm sure I wouldn't recognize much of it today. I recall being amazed at how many rides were so similar to the old Steeplechase in Coney Island, NY. (Am embarrassed to admit my visit was so long ago that I don't even remember IF I rode the Wild Mouse. (Though I'm sure I did.) What I DO recall were all the old seaside homes renting holiday rooms with big signs posted on their doors:

Do Not Bring fish and chips up into the rooms!
(Yes, of course I did! )

Alice

Valhalla has always been my {wet dream} fully realized of an EPIC flume ride, since I rode it back in 2006 and 2010.

Losing the Mouse will not diminish my desire to get back to BPB, and get wet all over again!

UK032_BlackpoolValhalla.jpg.20c32b60c7f3a8b191f080e706a7f457.jpg

My first view of Valhalla - stupid trees got in the way of the shot! TPR 2006 UK Tour.

Total bummer. Makes absolute sense why they'd need to take the mouse out, but that really was a personal favorite and a ride that really summed up what the Pleasure Beach was all about for me. For anyone who didn't get to experience it, it was totally unique and hilariously aggressive. RIP mouse!