TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Yes, Holiwood Nights always conflicts with Coastermania, at least since 2015. I've alternated the two events since then.

No, they don't run Voyage without trims.

Yes, it's an awesome event, with lots of nighttime rides and fudge. You should go at least once if you haven't been.

Really? I must be going insane because last year at HoliWood Nights it felt a lot faster and more intense. When I went later in the summer it felt a bit slower. Oh well still always a pleasure to have a few night rides.

Yes, Holiwood Nights always conflicts with Coastermania, at least since 2015. I've alternated the two events since then.

No, it doesn't. I went to both events in 2015. From what I can tell, Holiwood Nights is the first weekend after Memorial Day and Coastermania is the first weekend in June. So it just depends on how those weekends line up.

Actually they do. In 2015 I got a couple trimless rides and then the rest were trimmed. I believe last year one of the nights was trimless the entire night. While it does make a difference for some of the ride, it's still a kickass ride with the trims on.

Yes, it's an awesome event, with lots of nighttime rides and fudge. You should go at least once if you haven't been.

This is absolutely true. I've only been to Holiday World during this event (2015 and 2017) and I would like to keep going back every 2-3 years.

Does the park always run Voyage trimless during the event?

Voyage trims are off for at least one of the night ERTs... perhaps the representative can clarify Last year the park made a point to clarify that the brakes would be off during ERT. Or was that only the last 2 hours of ERT? Either way, they ran it trimless during ERT. Sometimes a polite wish is granted!

It's definitely an event I want to experience sometime to get night rides on their coasters. Those settings are perfect for pitch black night rides.

If you make it to Holiwood Nights, prepare to be regally spoiled by the park! Most other events pale by comparison.

And to think I praised TPR's mature and evolved reaction to our "What's New" announcement on our podcast:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

It was lovely while it lasted ...

For the record:

1. HoliWood Nights is always the Friday/Saturday after Memorial Day.

2. The event conflicts with CP's dates roughly half the time, as their event is the first weekend of June.

3. We do this primarily to annoy Tony Clark.

4. ERT during HWN the past two years has included brake-free Voyage (well, all except at the end of the 1.2 miles and in the station); we plan to continue this in 2018.

5. For the first time ever, we offer an early-bird discount on registration: https://HolidayWorld.com/Clubs through January 10, 2018.

And to think I praised TPR's mature and evolved reaction to our "What's New" announcement on our podcast:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

It was lovely while it lasted ...

For the record:

1. HoliWood Nights is always the Friday/Saturday after Memorial Day.

2. The event conflicts with CP's dates roughly half the time, as their event is the first weekend of June.

3. We do this primarily to annoy Tony Clark.

4. ERT during HWN the past two years has included brake-free Voyage (well, all except at the end of the 1.2 miles and in the station); we plan to continue this in 2018.

5. For the first time ever, we offer an early-bird discount on registration: https://HolidayWorld.com/Clubs through January 10, 2018.

Thanks for clearing that up, Paula. Much appreciated. I do love your podcast, and it was fun to hear you mention us. We're almost adults sometimes.

Well since we've already disappointed you, I might as well share my initial comments. I find next years addition ...confusing? There's already 2 full sized wave pools that kids love, so now you're adding a third that's significantly smaller, and has a restricted audience. And the nature of most wave pools is that there's a large shallow end which'll offer a very similar experience. And Tembo falls looks difficult to guard and dispatch (there's a lot of space between each slide), while enforcing the height requirements. That said, family additions are pretty much always a good thing and it's a lot easier to manage water quality on a bunch of slides with small runouts when there's water open to the air. So trying to get more kids slides, I'd much rather have an awkward wave pool than deal with an enclosed body of water.

Regardless, you're getting some bright colored new kids slides, so it can't be that bad.

The big deal is that having a max depth that's very shallow means parents don't have to worry about their kids wandering into an area that's literally out of their depth. Makes it far more relaxing for the adults, plus little kids love being told they can go anywhere they want in that pool.

"The representative"?

After all these years, that's what I've been reduced to?!

Teehee. nahhhh... not at all. It was late, I was so tired; couldn't remember if that was your handle here or on another forum. Turns out, it is your handle on both. Not exactly rocket science. Or bacon science. I was just tired. You have not been reduced from the Raven Maven. You rock

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/09/santa-claus-indiana-gets-20000-letters-a-year-and-elves-reply-to-all-of-them

Santa Claus, Indiana gets 20,000 letters a year – and 'elves' reply to all of them

Every year, this little town is inundated with letters addressed to Santa Claus, and since 1914 volunteers have written back with personal replies

Hello Paula,

Just saw your video update on Facebook of your work on the Voyage. As a deaf person, I just wanted to say thanks to Holiday World for your efforts to subtitle the video, it makes a world of difference to me to be able to understand what's being said in the video and that it didn't go unnoticed. Not many companies today subtitle their videos due to the additional work required. I actually visited Holiday World from Minnesota for my Bachelor's party for the first time this year with three other deaf friends and we were pleasantly surprised to see someone who knew sign language at guest service and they were very friendly to us! You made our trip very memorable for us and we enjoyed your park, the Voyage became my #1 wooden roller coaster! Thanks again for your fantastic customer service in and out of the park!