TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

That's awesome. I didn't know Amazon ever made a phone. Fortunately for you they have the same information on the website too, just requires creating an account and attaching your season pass. Not as convenient as the app, but it gets the job done.

https://mypass.sixflags.com/default.aspx

You don't even have to get new passes anymore. They will give you a new one if you want OR just download the current pass onto your old card. All done at the gate now. Unfortunately for you Prozach all the benefits and coupons are electronic, no more little booklet!

All these pictures have me excited to visit the park! I'm going to try and make it out Friday or Saturday. They do have the winter wheels on Batman at this point don't they? I'm really looking forward to that, as I love the intensity of Batman under regular conditions, and it's supposed to be relatively warm both days.

That's awesome. I didn't know Amazon ever made a phone. Fortunately for you they have the same information on the website too, just requires creating an account and attaching your season pass. Not as convenient as the app, but it gets the job done.

You don't even have to get new passes anymore. They will give you a new one if you want OR just download the current pass onto your old card. All done at the gate now. Unfortunately for you Prozach all the benefits and coupons are electronic, no more little booklet!

Actually, looks like I finally conformed. I purchased an iphone on a Cyber Monday sale yesterday, for a few hundred dollars. It was reasonable and my phone is showing signs of a slow impending death.

I just opened my email and the BAFF was not listed for Saturday. I think I'll have to do as Josh suggested and call guest services, but that involves being social and not lazy.

Edit: I contacted guest services and here was their reply:

This Saturday you have bring a friend for 1/2 price and there is bring a friend for free on Sundays with your 2018 pass.

Actually, looks like I finally conformed. I purchased an iphone on a Cyber Monday sale yesterday, for a few hundred dollars. It was reasonable and my phone is showing signs of a slow impending death.

I just opened my email and the BAFF was not listed for Saturday. I think I'll have to do as Josh suggested and call guest services, but that involves being social and not lazy.

This Saturday you have bring a friend for 1/2 price and there is bring a friend for free on Sundays with your 2018 pass.

I just looked at my pass benefits and it says the same thing. I SWEAR that we got an email saying BAFF was anyday BUT apparently I misread that, sorry if I gave misinformation. They did just add bring a friend for 9.99 for the Dec 1 and Dec 8, maybe they will keep that going for future Friday nights.

^ I thought I remembered seeing that somewhere too, Kim. Oh well. We'll be saving our friends $20, each.

I would have recommended one of the Motorola G5 models for a low cost upgrade. But a Cyber Monday iPhone deal ain't bad either. Welcome to one of the two real app stores

I'm not sure how big that phone is, but if it's anything like the rest of them it's probably too large. I'm not a huge fan of phones and I absolutely despise carrying around big phones. The one I have now is about 3x5.5," or pretty much identical to the dimensions of an iphone 6. I was not a fan of purchasing a phone even this large a few years ago. The iphone SE was a combination of my priorities in order, 1) Small 2) Cheap 3) Functional... If it weren't for my job, I'd be carrying around an old school flip phone.

I just looked at my pass benefits and it says the same thing. I SWEAR that we got an email saying BAFF was anyday BUT apparently I misread that, sorry if I gave misinformation. They did just add bring a friend for 9.99 for the Dec 1 and Dec 8, maybe they will keep that going for future Friday nights.

We used our BAFF passes last Saturday, on our benefits page it's listed as "Bring a Friend Free any one day November 18- December 17"

We used our BAFF passes last Saturday, on our benefits page it's listed as "Bring a Friend Free any one day November 18- December 17"

Well what the heck is going on, because that's what I remember having and then as of today on the app it only lists baff for Sunday's for me. Weird and annoying.

Went to my first HITP tonight. I really enjoyed it. I love Christmas time so I thought the park was very pretty! I loved the show in front of the Palace. I loved the three main Christmas trees. The tall tree wrapped in green lights by the Mine Train is awesome! It was really weird not being able to ride Screamin Eagle lol! The one train ops on Batman and American Thunder were a little annoying.

Prozach, I thought I saw you but I wasn't 100% sure if it was you so I didn't say hi lol! I passed by you in front of the candy store up by the Saloon.

at one point Colossus was running 3 sets.

Holy crap. I can't remember the last time I saw that. Probably the best indicator of the crowd levels, IMO.

Glad to see this event be so successful for them. They seem to be making a fair amount of money on it, judging by the people we saw buying things in shops and spending actual money on food, not just dining pass.

I worked at this park for 4 years. I've seen them delay the opening of AT, Panda, and Eagle a couple of times due to low temperatures during Fright Fest (those were colder than average day). They do have some tricks that they do to run them in colder temperatures (ex. Panda as a set of harder road wheels for HIP) but there is still a temperature at which maintenance won't allow a ride to begin cycling for test or if the ride is down for an extended period of time the ride won't reopen. Saying Six Flags has no regards for minimum operating temperature might be true at Great Adventure, but not at St. Louis.

I'm bumping this discussion a bit to mention that we went to Six Flags New England yesterday and they had a lot of really cool things going on that we really didn't consider. Six Flags Great Adventure and Six Flags St. Louis seem to be content with using simple tricks to get their rides running in the cold like harder road wheels, water dummies and front-loading trains but Six Flags New England took it up a notch which shows that Six Flags is absolutely willing to throw some money at this problem if they think it's worth the effort.

Joker and Mind Eraser had heat lamps in their stations. They weren't right on the wheels, but they warmed the temperature of the station overall which was nice for the riders, the people in the queue and for the train (as they were pointed at the train, just backed off 5 to 10 feet). Batman (their floorless coaster) had tons of huge lamps under the track pointed up at the floor mechanism and the wheels.

On a more interesting note, they brought out the heavy artillery on Thunderbolt (their classic, valley-prone wood coaster). They had an enormous (and I mean enormous) propane heater attached to a tube and a sheet metal vent system they built under the station that absolutely blasted the wheels with heat to the point that even sitting on the train waiting to dispatch was awesome since you were nice and toasty warm just sitting in the train despite the 31 degree temperature. They were monitoring the speed and if it ever ran slow they just waited a few extra minutes to send it while they blasted the entire thing with heat. It ran great.

If Six Flags is willing to do that they could probably run everything (including Boss). It worked like a charm and the ride ran like it was the peak of the summer season.

The fact that they often run one train on coasters during the event is actually pretty beneficial to this too since the trains spend all of their time either running (which keeps them warm) or being blasted with a propane heater. At this point, if they think the cost is justified the possibilities are endless.

I thought that was some exciting stuff for sure...