The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

P. 27 - Brain Drain 12 story Larson ARM Tower announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:56 pm

^ Well, they did get that skycoaster in 2014. . . But given that it's an upcharge attraction does it really count?? :lol:
Bigger is not always better.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:55 pm

larrygator wrote:
ElvisLuv wrote:Here's what gets me, see that new GG for that small park in France, well here is a perfect park for that and any number of smaller footprint steel oasters like a Eurofighter or a Mack spinner.

Come to think of it, that used Mauer spinner for sale in Baton Rouge would work. A Disko with the hump would work. Hell, anything would be an improvement.

Except for the fact the the owners are clearly not interested making changes to the ride side. No new rides since 2006, that's 12 years.

Yes, and several have been removed, including the mouse coaster and a couple of significant flats (at least by this park's standard).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ewrawr » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:43 pm

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:41 am

YESSS! Did you guys hear? Magic Springs is adding a new drop tower for 2018! This one will be a Larson drop tower. I'm happy to finally see them adding something rather than removing something.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:43 am

Hopefully in two years time after they add something to the waterpark side, they get a coaster. Since this is a low capacity kinda park, the make believe general manager in me sez get a Mack extreme compact spinning coaster with the turntable with a regular train that offers the forward and backward seats. Really three coaster experiences in one.

Since the main attraction in Hot Springs is the Oaklawn, I wish they would get a launched bike coaster themed to horse racing, the queue would look like the old grandstand.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:52 am

EliHorton wrote:YESSS! Did you guys hear? Magic Springs is adding a new drop tower for 2018! This one will be a Larson drop tower. I'm happy to finally see them adding something rather than removing something.

That's a great addition for the park! The Larson towers are the best model out of there in my opinion.

Does the park still have the double shot tower or did they remove that?
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hansa Park & Hamburg DOM

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:55 am

^It was removed. I believe it was sent to Wild Waves.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 pm

This came as a surprise, and it's huge news for this park. This means that the new owners are keeping the dry side and are going to build it back up to a full park. While the park suffers in the summer from how hot and muggy it is in HS, they have figured out that people still want to come out in Fall and even Winter. Their halloween event sounded like it was successful, and I'm sure they will expand into Christmas just like FC and Wild Waves are doing.

I wouldn't expect them to go crazy with adding dry rides again, but I think this will be the first of several new flats to be added over the next few years. HS is still struggling forward and there isn't a huge population base to give a serious ROI from a new coaster, but these cheaper Larson flats should give them pretty good value. Would love to see a set of flyers next.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:54 pm

The world needs more Larson Drop towers. This is great news.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:
EliHorton wrote:YESSS! Did you guys hear? Magic Springs is adding a new drop tower for 2018! This one will be a Larson drop tower. I'm happy to finally see them adding something rather than removing something.

That's a great addition for the park! The Larson towers are the best model out of there in my opinion.

Does the park still have the double shot tower or did they remove that?

I also believe that Larson drop towers are the best drop towers. No matter how many times I ride one, the drop still comes as a complete surprise and I can't help put feel terrified inside. The drop seems so heavy on it! This will definitely be an improvement over Dr. Dean's Rocket Machine (though I loved the name and sign). DDRM was definitely the weakest S&S shot tower that I've ever ridden.
This gives me hope for Magic Springs! I was sure that they were starting to get rid of their dry park after they removed two of the flat rides. I'm predicting that they'll get some Larson flying scooters next.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!