TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Top five things you'd do with a Time Machine

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Go back far enough to get my dad to stop smoking so he wouldn't have died so young (age 60) and would have gotten to meet and know my daughter.
  2. Do the same thing for my sister so she wouldn't have died so young (age 37) either.
  3. Go back and work harder on my marriage. (It's probably too late now.)
  4. Finished my college education so I would have better job opportunities.
  5. Take more risks in life instead of passing them up.

Eric

1. go back and warn the parents of my peers to raise their kids better. otherwise they'd either become druggies, go to jail, or end up pregnant with minimum wage jobs.

2. go back and warn Michael Jackson of what he would become with so many crazy antics and face alterations

3. appreciate everything my friends & their families did for me that I took for granted (ie trips to theme parks that I never would have done, things I never would have discovered)

4. Just see what all the different eras were like.

• 11 years later...

1-Have my grandparents buy up tons of land in Las Vegas and Orlando,Fla.

2-Get all the blueprints/videos/etc I could find of Drachenfire,Tenn. Tornado and all of Vekoma's coasters and give them to Arrow Dynamics in the 1970's.

3-Get Marriott to build the Maryland Great America in what would become SFA's spot.

4-Travel to all the old parks/rides/areas that I've heard of:Geauga Lake,the original Elitch Gardens,Palisades Park,KI's original Bat,Crystal Beach Cyclone,Disneyland's & WDW's opening days,the Times Square of the 1970's,the Las Vegas of the 1950's & 60's.

I had always thought that Marriot's proposed Maryland's Great America was supposed to be closer to Baltimore?

But anyhow . . . I'd travel back and be able to ride certain coasters I missed in my younger days (Rolling Thunder, GASM, etc)

Not even five times, but just once, go back in time to just before

a big lottery win...and win it. That's fine for one time for myself.

And I would even re-live the entire time, so as not to trip the

(then) current time line. December 3, 2016 comes to mind.

And we 'd be rich.

I had always thought that Marriot's proposed Maryland's Great America was supposed to be closer to Baltimore?

But anyhow . . . I'd travel back and be able to ride certain coasters I missed in my younger days (Rolling Thunder, GASM, etc)

From my understanding the original site Marriott wanted was near the Columbia Mall;the developers had a hissy fit(like what happed to the Virginia Disney park)and a couple other sites were looked at (like Baltimore and Laurel).At that time the SFA location was called "The Wildlife Preserve" and was a simple drive-thru safari park that had gone through some ownership changes in it's short history;I sometimes wonder why Marriott didn't try to buy up the park and build rides there.

Here's my top 5:

1.) Prevent Michael Jackson's early death

2.) Ride Batman & Robin: The Chiller (About 10 years ago, I chickened out at the last minute and they ended up tearing it down months later)

3.) Convince my 10-year-old self to ride more things when my family visited Walt Disney World for the, so far, only time.

4.) Watch the original Star Wars in theaters on opening day.

5.) Go to a concert of either Queen with Freddie Mercury or Michael Jackson.

1. Go see Queen with Freddie Mercury (and John Deacon) [i have seen the two remaining members of Queen live with Adam Lambert and I might be seeing them again this month]

2. Ride any of Harry Traver's coaster contraptions

3. Go visit some of the classic city parks that closed in the 50s and 60s (Riverside, Euclid Beach, Palisades, etc.)

4. Go to Woodstock 1969 (while staying sober!)

5. Go back to the early days of TV and radio and search out distant signals

1. Go to EPCOT in 1985 to ride World of Motion, Horizons, and Original Journey

2. Go to Riverview Park in it's final year and buy about $100 in Souvenirs (Remember this is 1967)

3. Stop Six Flags from removing Sky Whirl/ Closing Astroworld

4. Invest about $400 into Disney Stock when they first went Public

5. Buy 100 copies of the Cubs winning the World Series in 1904 and selling them in 2016

HM. Not post some tweets that caused me to get blocked from certain people

HM. Stop Premier from Buying Six Flags in 1998 and instead letting Me/Robb Alvey buy the chain

• 3 weeks later...

1. Ride the Crystal Beach Cyclone 56 times (or so) on opening day (it was done by an unidentified gentleman, so maybe I did)

2. Put out the fire Thomas Edison had started in Nikolai Tesla's lab

3. Park my TARDIS in the Sea of Tranquility to watch Neil and Buzz land

4. Ride the Rye Aeroplane coaster

5. Hit Idora, Willow Grove and every other vintage park I could

• 3 months later...

Eh, I'll bite.

1. Walk into the board meeting where they chose to close down Dueling Dragons and slap everyone in the room.

2. Ride all the original EPCOT dark rides during opening year.

3. Watch the moon landing in real time.

4. Catch the original iPhone event (I'm a tech nerd).

5. Prevent the dab from ever being invented.

1) Find the largest lotto Jackpot that didn't have any winners, buy a ticket, select my numbers.

2) Go back to 1976 and purchase the Spirits of St. Louis, a basketball team that no longer exists and hasn't since 1977 but negotiated a deal for one-seventh of broadcast TV revenues from the NBA indefinitely forever and got paid about 17 million dollars a year for no reason whatsoever up until the owners made the NBA pay them 500 million dollars to get out of the deal. To be honest I never would have let them off the hook. This whole thing is far too hilarious. I would have kept collecting my check.

3) Go back to Germany in 1888, buy a Kangaroo (the animal with the strongest kick of any animal on earth besides a Zebra but you can't train Zebras, they're a**holes). Teach it to kick people in the nuts with incredible precision, let nut kicking zebra loose in Alois Hitler's house about 9 months before what would have been Hitler's birthday.

4) Same thing, but for Bruno Mars' dad. Given the evolution that's taken place over that century I would assume Kangaroo kicks to the nuts became much more powerful over time which is excellent news. I probably should have gone with some serial killer or terrorist here but nope... Bruno Mars. I already did my good deed for humanity on that fateful night in Germany in 1888.

5) Start a coaster design company in the late 60's and create a coaster that's absolutely loaded with unnecessary trim brakes (let's call it... Intimidator). Quietly file a patent for trim brakes. Open a store called "Koasterbll's Krazy Trim Brake Emporium". Wait for B&M Hypercoasters to hit their stride and then mark up my trim brakes 500%, making windfall profits. When they try to get around the patent, sue them for all their worth with the same brilliant team of lawyers that keeps crushing the NBA's hopes to get out of my spectacular Spirits of St. Louis TV royalty contract. Spend my days counting money on the beach in Hawaii.

>>>3) Go back to Germany in 1888, buy a Kangaroo (the animal with the strongest kick of any animal on earth besides a Zebra but you can't train Zebras, they're a**holes). Teach it to kick people in the nuts with incredible precision, let nut kicking zebra loose in Alois Hitler's house about 9 months before what would have been Hitler's birthday.<<<

This is an interesting one to ponder, and I have. What if he never was? How different would the world be today? The US was not the military power it is today back then. It became so as a result of WWII.

So much technology came about due to this war. The baby boom came because of this war. The middle class and suburbia came because of this war. And of course...."the bomb" came because of this war.

Now, I think we all can agree this was one of, if not THE worst person to ever walk the face of the earth. And I am not implying the world is a better place because of him. But I do like thinking of the what ifs for this scenario.

I also have been enjoying The Man in the High Castle. Another interesting what if scenario.