Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4652: Details of new additions coming for the 2019 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby djcoastermark » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:56 pm

^ when we stayed at the Breakers, we also booked early and did the payment plan. So nice knowing that when we got there the only thing left to pay for was for "the goodies" Made for a carefree vacation. With all the perks and advantages of staying on site, we had no regrets either. Sort of like staying on site at Disney, you really get lost in the fantasy world of the park for a few days.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:00 pm

I stayed at Sandcastle for my first ever trip to CP. THought the room was beautiful and the resort overall was really nice. A little upset that they are removing it tbh.

Am happy that the stadium is getting bulldozed. Went in there in May when i was working at the park for a few day and it was completely worn down and filled with tons of bird sh*t.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:05 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I've heard great things about Breakers. I'm staying in the Hojo across from Thirsty Pony again. It's a super cheap hotel in a great location, and with a Platinum Pass, it's not really necessary to stay on site.

Yeah, I'm cool with the Econo Lodge nextdoor to the Howard Johnson. It's basically right next to Breakers Express for like 1/8th of the price and we get Early Entry anyway. I could buy like 8 Rougabrews and Fastlane Plus plus the hotel and still come out ahead. :lol:

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jonskinny12 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:02 pm

DorneyKid14 wrote:filled with tons of bird sh*t.

Isn't this true about everything at Cedar Point? :lol:

coasterbill wrote:Yeah, I'm cool with the Econo Lodge nextdoor to the Howard Johnson. It's basically right next to Breakers Express for like 1/8th of the price and we get Early Entry anyway. I could buy like 8 Rougabrews and Fastlane Plus plus the hotel and still come out ahead. :lol:

Yep, when I have a Platinum Pass this is where I have stayed and will continue to stay.

Postby Ape » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:37 am

coasterbill wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I've heard great things about Breakers. I'm staying in the Hojo across from Thirsty Pony again. It's a super cheap hotel in a great location, and with a Platinum Pass, it's not really necessary to stay on site.

Yeah, I'm cool with the Econo Lodge nextdoor to the Howard Johnson. It's basically right next to Breakers Express for like 1/8th of the price and we get Early Entry anyway. I could buy like 8 Rougabrews and Fastlane Plus plus the hotel and still come out ahead. :lol:

This is where we always liked staying. Couldn't beat price and location.

We stayed at Sandcastle Suites back in 2014 which was also our last visit to the park. We hated pretty much everything about the place. It was incredibly dirty outside and the pools were not maintained well all kinds of nasty stuff floating around. For the price that was paid that was a bit of a letdown. I am not one to write complaints but that is the only visit i ended up sending one. They offered a discounted future stay but that did me no good as we were not going to be making it back soon at that time. I wasn't looking for anything back I just wanted them to clean the place up. The beds sucked something horrible if i remember right too. Anyway I am definitely okay with them taking this place out.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:32 am

When I went to CP about 4 years ago I just stayed at the Mecca Motel that is literally like 10-15 minutes away. I paid $50 a night. Was it amazing? Nope. But it was clean. That is all that matters to me. Others would beg to differ I am sure.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby DorneyKid14 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:28 am

jonskinny12 wrote:
DorneyKid14 wrote:filled with tons of bird sh*t.

Isn't this true about everything at Cedar Point? :lol:

Yes actually it is :lol:
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:58 pm

I'll be staying closing weekend in Breakers because, honestly, the weather can be iffy (and sure looks like it will be Saturday) and that means I'll have somewhere to go when 3/4s of the rides are closed. That and the traffic into the park can be a nightmare on these weekends, which makes getting in and out if you're off property a non-starter.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby MidwestThemeParks » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:53 pm

When we went to CP last year we stayed at Breakers and thought it was well worth the price to be able to walk wherever we needed to go, but I can understand why regular visitors with platinum passes wouldn’t want to pay to stay on property every visit.

Random question: when the park is closed during the week like it is this time of year, can people still stay in the hotels on the peninsula every day? I don’t know why anyone would want to do that but am just wondering if they can.
Total Coasters: 52
Total Rides: 116

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:53 pm

How beautiful would the boardwalk look with sister Von Roll sky ride on the boardwalk that could take you from Gatekeeper down to Magnum's pretzel turn around..
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

PreviousNext