Favorite themed area?

Yay for scenery!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Favorite themed area?

Postby viking86 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Some of my other favorites are basically any of the Disney lands not themed to a Dino carnival

:nina:
Disney's Animal Kingdom, with the exception of the Dino carnival, was the first thing that came to my mind. Anything else in that park is just beautiful! I would love to go back now that Pandora has opened.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Johnlloyd » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:52 pm

I like the Medieval Faire section at Canada's Wonderland. The pseudo styled buildings are very charming which allows for some highly photogenic shots, especially with some of the park's classic rides in the mix. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:57 pm

I can't just choose one area from one park as there is at least one area that I consider my favorite at some of the parks I've been to.

First let's just say the entire old country theme of Busch Gardens Williamsburg is my favorite but out of them all I would have to say Oktoberfest is my most favorite as it seems more lively than the others.

At Kings Island my favorite areas are International Street and Coney Mall. Just love the atmosphere in both sections.

I like the entire theme of SFGAm but Hometown Square and Southwest Territory are my favorites there.

jynx242 wrote:SFoG has a pretty amazing Gotham City section...

I agree since it is different from most Gotham City areas. Only downside is that steep hill that takes you to it by Dare Devil Dive.

Keetz wrote:I'm gonna give a (dis)honorable mention to "The Golden Kingdom" at GADV during its first years. The whole area had a nice jungle feel to it...

I went to SFGAdv in 2005 when the area was brand new (and after Kingda Ka had that major breakdown so I never got to ride it) and I thought it was very well done. Six Flags can do a pretty good job with theming as along as they can keep it up.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:01 pm

Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom. The addition of Seven Dwarfs and Be Our Guest really tied that area together fantastically.
Total Coasters: 140

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Any themed area in Tokyo Disney Sea.

They're all just too good to pick one out. Even the "Cape Cod" area,
as small as it is, is really themed well for it's space.

:mickey:
H_06TokyoDisneySeaEntryHarbor.jpg
TDS Mediterranean Harbor. TPR 2007 Japan Tour.
Resize of IMG_2924.JPG
Speaking of "Cape Cod".... TPR 2013 Japan Tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:01 am

Ghost Town and Mexico at Knott's are absolutely beyond charming and a joy to walk around. They easily take the win for me!

Honorary shoutouts go to KI's Rivertown and Universal's now-defunct Amity. God I loved that little seaside carnival vibe it used to have.
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:49 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
Dombot wrote:What's your favorite themed area or "land" of any park, and why?

The entire park known as Silver Dollar City.

Yeah, I was kind of expecting a post like this. Let me rephrase the question; what PART OF any park is your favorite?
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Dombot wrote:Yeah, I was kind of expecting a post like this. Let me rephrase the question; what PART OF any park is your favorite?

That makes it so much harder. . . :lol:

But I REALLY love the entire Expedition Everest area at Animal Kingdom. :lover:
Bigger is not always better.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:06 pm

Well, to be more specific... (what I call) the Plaza du Remi in WDS, Paris. For the small corner of the park that it is, it is steeped in French-style architecture, which makes the whole area, like you're in the city, and not in the theme park.

That said, I have to say that most of the themed country pavilions in EPCOT are by them self, individual marvels of themed design and execution.
The standouts to me are France, Canada, Germany, and Morocco.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:20 pm

And now for something completely different....

My Favourite Themed Area of an Entry Plaza, into a park... has to go to Disneyland Paris.

The area is lush with trees, and many pathways to walk through and around. There are a few spots
with gazebos in them, and benches are all over the place, shaded by the lush trees over them.
There is a water feature through it all, as small creeks moves through the area, emptying into a
big fountain-ed pond. Mickey is there in his usual floral visage. But you can around him and it still works.

The whole thing is anchored by the gorgeous Disneyland Hotel, where all the ticket buying and
queuing up takes place - under the hotel. Which sightwaise, totally blocks the park you're about
to enter, making it (to me) all the more magical.

For me this is a great "getaway" to go to, without leaving either park too far away. Especially if
one doesn't have an onsite hotel space, etc. Easy reached by the Studios, too, it's just a nice
oasis to chill out in, while the crowds rush by.
DPentryPlaza01.jpg
This what you first see, when you approach DLP.
DPentryPlaza02.png
The overhead layout of the entry plaza. Lots of trees, hiding the benches, and a few gazebos for extra shade. Wonderful spot.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!