TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Three days at Disneyland Paris

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the excellent report. Although Paris Disney has its flaws, there's a lot to like about the place.

Thank you! I agree, the resort definitely has its flaws, but those are mainly connected to the Studios Park. Overall I came back pleasantly surprised with what I experienced during my three days there.

Praise Jeebus for those new restraints on Hyperspace Mountain! They look like a huge improvement to what was previously a painful ride. For comparison, here's my onride photo from last year:

LOL it looks like you're trying to put on a brave smile to hide your terror, but failing miserably!

But yes, these restraints can improve a ride so much. This was my second experience with the vest restraints, the previous one being the boomerang at Walibi Holland, and even that one was half-decent ride with these new trains.

Praise Jeebus for those new restraints on Hyperspace Mountain! They look like a huge improvement to what was previously a painful ride. For comparison, here's my onride photo from last year:

LOL it looks like you're trying to put on a brave smile to hide your terror, but failing miserably!

I think I was actually grimacing, but it's hard to recall after receiving a beating like that.

But yes, these restraints can improve a ride so much. This was my second experience with the vest restraints, the previous one being the boomerang at Walibi Holland, and even that one was half-decent ride with these new trains.

Totally agree, that was probably my first enjoyable Boomerang ride. I hope to see more parks using these new restraints.

If David and I get back there in a few years, I hope I can re-ride SM and NOT be knocked around in the head, as much as I was back in 2015.

Good to read the new restraints work much, much better.

Lol that's like at least one third of the park you mentioned there! And I see that also Tower of Terror didn't open until 2007. Attraction wise it must have been a truly awful park when it opened back in 2002.

Well it wasn't so much an "awful park" as much as a surprisingly quick one to go through, lol! I think we did everything, which was mainly Cinemagique and Animagique, the Animation bldg/show, Armaged-ged-gedon, Rock'n'Roller, the Tram Tour, and the Stunt Show! The Disney Channel (French?) had a thing going on in a building behind Rendezvous des Stars restaurant. And we had no kids, so why bother?

And we were there right at opening time, so it was a surprise for my First Ever Brand New Disney Park to have so.....not a lot to it.

...But Jeremy Irons sounded (and looked) so young and dashing, back then.

Thanks for the great report. I will be there for my first time in about two weeks. Can't wait to compare it to my recent visits to Disneyland in California and Walt Disney World. Should be interesting. I have not traveled to a non English speaking country other than border towns in Mexico and Quebec Canada.

Yngve, it was great meeting up with you at Disneyland Paris and enjoying the park with another first time visitor and meeting up at Walt Disney Studios Paris the next day and laughing at the park's flaws together. Although Disneyland Paris has less attractions then Disney's US and Japanese castle park counterparts, they seemed to have the better versions of most of the rides they had, especially Hyperspace Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Hyperspace Mountain blew me away with how good it was and the Star Wars Hyperspace overlay really worked well here and felt permanent (which it may be). I really enjoyed my first visit to the Disney Paris resort overall and it was a great start to my Oktoberfest Euro Trip.